clouddancerss

Classic Musclecars

Was. Well, sorta still am, but through the parental unit instead of my own driveway.

Grew up with late 60's Mopars (68 Plymouth GTX, 69 Plymouth Road Runner-father still has both, and has had both since new.)

Bought a 72 'Cuda, 340 Slap Stik, when I was 20. Blew the 340 in less than 1,000 miles, on a fresh rebuild (not by me). Replaced promptly with a fresh 71 440 (HP block), and proceded to totally trash my driving record. Got rid of it when I hit 22. That was 10 years ago.

Still have a nice 69 440 engine, complete but disassembled, waiting for a nice home.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Fantastic! Mopars are my favorite! A hemi-cuda or a superbee wou;ld make me VERY happy!

If I owned one, I would be quite wealthy (from selling it). Hell, if I had a 71 Hemi 'Cuda Convertible, I could buy an Otter.
It's your life, live it!

The reason that both Charger Daytonas and Plymouth Superbirds are worth sooooo much now is that they were so unpopular in 69 and 70. My father tells me stories of them lined up at the dealership, just sitting there. According to him, many dealers actually converted them back into Road Runners and Charger 500's, just to get rid of them! Try and find one now!
It's your life, live it!

I have a Pro-Street 71 Duster 340 but my true pride and joy is my 11 year daughters Jr. Dragster. See attached.

Ever run that Dudster? Pic's, ya know...lol. Mine's a 1949 Pro-Street Ford Custom. It's somewhere in the Galleries, if ya punch in "Polar Bear" under search. Not exactly a 60's or 70's muscle car but it is truly a one of a kind, only kind like it in the entire world, monster. Not only a quick rod, it's a show winner.

FFF

I grew up around muscle cars. Dad had an early Vette when I was little, then he got a sweet 70 Chevy Nova (350/3 on the tree) when I was a bit older. They traded it for a Mercedes (!!!) right before I got my license dammit.

My brother built a 65 Ranchero for his first car, then traded that for a 67 Mustang. Him and a friend got in "trouble" for drag racing in front of the high school one day; they were punished by being given a "hobby stock" race car to work on/drive at the local dirt track.

The only even semi cool car I had was a 68 Camaro, the "secretary's version" - 250ci straight six, powerglide tranny and front bench seats. Bought it from the son of the original owner with the intent of restoring it. I would have too, but I bought it only two months before I made my first jump...

I own a few of them . I just got my 66 Nove finished a month ago . It has a double wide chromemoly frame with a 14 point cage . It has a 632 ci merlin motor with big chief heads and twin 1150 dominators on top of a wilson manifold . The clutch setup I wont talk about but I use a lenco 5 speed to get the pewor to the narrowed 9" with 5:11's and 17" wide meats . It has over 1325 hp without nitrous and will turn a mid 7 at this time .

Got plenty of Pics but no scanner at the moment. Yes, I used to run it but it has been parked for the last 2 years, not enough Time and/or money to run Both cars. My best run was 11:40 on DOT`s.
My Daughters car runs 10:30`s in the 1/8 at 64 mph. She finished in the top 10 (#6 to be exact) in the national point standings last year.

Man, you gotta get a scanner...lol. Hey, somebody find a scanner for this man. I truly wanna see the pic's of that Duster. There just ain't nothing like a Pro-Street machine. Do you drive it on the street? Mine's a daily drive and I love it. Tell your daughter to be safe but have fun and congrats on the 6th spot.

FFF

Yeah, i can remember those days!!! My first car was a 69 Z-28, 3 years old at the time. Yeah, I'm old!!;) I bought that for my 16th birthday. Living in the Detroit area there were lots of muscle cars around, and they were real cheap. I bought the Z for $500, in great shape and no rust. Gosh, if i had that now, it would be worth more than $20,000. But i had fun destroying it! :S:S

My second car was a 70 Chevelle SS 454 450 horse. Had fun destroying this one also. Gosh, this is worth more than $50,000 now if it were in the same shape.

3rd car was a 67 Corvette 427 425 horse. I bought this one when i was 18, i was working on the assembly line 14 hours a day.

4th car a 70 Corvette LT-1, then 4 more corvettes.

Its funny, in the mid to late 70's, nobody wanted these gas guzzlers, not to mention that the original owners beat them half to death.

OOOOOO, if i only had these cars now!>:(>:(

I had a 1968 Camaro Z-28, white with black "mean streaks". Black interior. Muncie M-22. Original mono-leaf rear. I blew two rods straight out the oil pan on the original 302 and replaced it with a 327 350-horse out of a 68 Vette. That's one of the cars I should have never sold.

Chuck

That one was put together for testing and now is in the repaint phase as my 10,000 $$ paint job is peeling off . Here is one of my other little toys . This one is a 9 second car with a 577/900 hp with a custom built glide and some steep gears in the 9" . It is a downright scary street car .

my-other-nova.jpg

my-other-nova.2.jpg

Dude,
Nice mill..in fact, with the exception of the paint under the hood, it looks just like mine, right down to the K&N breather, lol..need that to get the thing to breath, lol.
Thanks for posting the pic's. If no one but me appreciates them, believe me, they are appreciated. The Polar Bear (my 49 Chevy/Merlin powered Ford) is also a 9 second street machine that I drive daily, freaking out the cops here, but they finally got used to it, lol.
FFF

Here's a pic of me and my '75 Vette taken in 1996 but I still have the car...

Art
Sky-div'ing (ski'div'ing) n. A modern sport that involves parties, bragging, sexual excesses, the imbibing of large quantities of beer, and, on rare occasions, parachuting from aircraft.

me_vette.jpg

I have a 70’ Cuda non-number matching currently in need of a full restoration. It was the first car I ever owned it started life as a slant 6 car. Since then I bought a crate 1976 360 matched it to a hemi 4 speed (pistol grip) with a velvatouch clutch and scatter shield with a Dana 60 with 3:55 rearend gears. I also bought the rally dash, and dual scooped hood for it and all the accessory chrome needed to make it look authentic. I have been planning a complete restoration of the car prior to starting skydiving that has since been postponed for a while. I have owned this car since 1985
MOPAR’S RULE
Kirk