AggieDave

What's the point of a gear dealer offering a warrantee?

See the SQ1 ad? What's the point of it? Especially since if something is wrong with the canopy, you'll know it in the first few jumps AND PD is really good about taking care of their customers. Especially if there is a problem.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

See the SQ1 ad? What's the point of it? Especially since if something is wrong with the canopy, you'll know it in the first few jumps AND PD is really good about taking care of their customers. Especially if there is a problem.

I don't get it either. PD already does that for you, regardless of the dealer.

In the ad, it says " Customer pays all shipping costs for repairs, replacement, and/or loaner parachutes"

I have seen PD pick up these costs in certain situations and provide a demo canopy at no additional cost..... depending on the situation.

Well let's say your canopy blows a cell do to know fault of your own in that first year. What will PD do? They will replace the cell and send it back to you (for a charge). If you have the SQ1 warranty you will get a BRAND NEW canopy. Not the same one back with a new cell. What if you tear your canopy on a fence or have an of site landing and have to set it down in a very small area and tear it on something (fence, tree, power lines). Will PD give you a new canopy? Hell no they will repair it for a charge and sent it back. With the warranty form SQ1 you would get a BRAND NEW CANOPY! What if your buddy lands right behind you and steps on your canopy ripping it in the process? Well PD give you a new canopy? With the SQ1 warrany you will get a BRAND NEW CANOPY! Now does it make sense?
Dom

Read the fine print....

In the ad, it says " Customer pays all shipping costs for repairs, replacement, and/or loaner parachutes"

You do NOT always get a BRAND NEW canopy...

EDIT: It still doesn't make sense to me. You would have to do the same with PD...you're just skipping the middle man.

Correct! It says you pay the SHIPPING costs. Not for the repair. I guess I can see where you could miss read that. To clear the record, you only pay the shipping! Not for the repair of the canopy.What would be the point if we made you pay for the repair.
Dom

Correct! It says you pay the SHIPPING costs. Not for the repair. I guess I can see where you could miss read that. To clear the record, you only pay the shipping! Not for the repair of the canopy.What would be the point if we made you pay for the repair.

No longer confused-there would be no point if we had to pay for the repair......Thanks for the clarification!

oops, and it would be, uh, July now? Our web-dude is in New Jersey doing 124 way sequential dives this week. There are advantages and disadvantages to having all your staff being experienced skydivers! :-)
(oops, was that too blatant?).
I'll make a note of it and try and get it fixed asap, thanks for the heads up.
blues
k8