GiaKrembs

What are you reading???

Any good book recommendations...

I just finished Walking in the Garden of Souls - WOW
I am currently reading The Secret Life of Bees.
Waiting patiently on the table to be read is The Lovely Bones.

g

Raddest ho this side of Jersey #1 - rest in peace brother
Beth lost her cherry and I missed it
.... you want access to it, but you don't want to break it.

Harry Potter. I'm on the first one. Have the rest sitting in a Barnes&Nobles bag waiting.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Earlier today I was searching the web to find Descartes' 6 meditations but all I found was websites trying to sell a book including them. Then it dawned on me, why would I want to read something from a French guy. Besides what kind of respect can one have for a philosopher that condemned Galileo. I mean a philosopher is supposed to look beyond and see what is accurate not just stick to the status quo to stay popular.
Anyway two great books I would seriously recommend are, "See I told you so" or "The way things ought to be" both by Rush Limbaugh, excellent books.
If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt by Edmund Morris

I'm a slooooowwwwww reader and have been working on this fabulous book for a while.
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

Hey Laurel,

I'm like that sometimes. Depends on my mood ~ some books I will attack and read w/in a day, some books will sit on my coffee table for six months before they are finished.

Another book (a gift from our company to all employees) I enjoyed reading was The Alchemist, by Paulo Coelho. Very easy reading, but inspiring. g

Raddest ho this side of Jersey #1 - rest in peace brother
Beth lost her cherry and I missed it
.... you want access to it, but you don't want to break it.

Any good book recommendations...

I just finished Walking in the Garden of Souls - WOW
I am currently reading The Secret Life of Bees.
Waiting patiently on the table to be read is The Lovely Bones.

g

The Fatal Shore. About the first convicts sent to Australia and how they made Australia. Pretty good so far.

Jump
Scars remind us that the past is real

I just finished My Losing Season by Pat Conroy.

If youlike any of his other books (Great Santini, Lords of Discipline, Prince of TIdes, Beach Music) I guarantee that you will love this one as it is his autobiography pretty much. All in reference to his losing season as a basketball player at the Citadel.

REALLY Great book by a really great writer. Whatever you find I hope you enjoy!

Meg

Finished the new Harry Potter next weekend, have a bit of time before I have to tackle the last LOTR book, so I'm doing some serious reading right now, a book called Power Vs. Force by Dr. David R. Hawkins. Simply amazing stuff. If anybody else has read or reads it in the future, PM me! I'd love to discuss this book with anyone who has read it.

I'm walking a marathon to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Click Here for more information!

Time Enough for Love by Robert A. Heinlin

for like the 15 milionth time, I like Heinlin, but damn' I've got to get some new books.

Just re-read the Ringworls series by Niven too....
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Harry Potter. I'm on the first one. Have the rest sitting in a Barnes&Nobles bag waiting.

I'm on #5, about to start as soon as my dad finishes it. It's already made the rounds through my mom and my sister; I'm last because I wasn't there with them midnight the night it came out like I was supposed to be. I opted for a trip to Miami...go figure.
Anyway, love Harry Potter! Great books!

Blondes do have more fun!

you do know you can go buy your own copy.....right?

Yes, well, that costs good money that can be used for jumping; and being on student status, I need all the spare money I can get!
That means being patient. Which is fine; my dad will be finished SOMETIME before the sixth book comes out!;)

Blondes do have more fun!

Inside the Criminal Mind by Stanton E. Samenow,Ph.D.
Forensics:True Crime Scene Investigation by Dr. Zakaria Erzinclioglu
Going up the River:Travels in a Prison Nation by Joseph T. Hallinan

(sorry,I'm a Criminal Justice major and I'm so bored that I'm actually looking forward to going back to school next month.)

Just as a total "fun read" I'm also reading Black House coauthored by Stephen King and Peter Straub

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

In the middle of something or other of John Grisholm. Finished (re)reading the Gunslinger Series, starting with Eyes of the Dragon, by Stephen King - rumor has it that there are 3 new books coming out on the 'Slinger...can't wait...

As to other suggestions, I'm open to em...

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Im currently reading "Armageddon" the 11th book in the Left Behind series.

I've been to Barnes and Noble like 3 times this week looking for the new HP book, but they still don't have it. Bastards!!

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

Don't know if these are to your taste, but I've just started re-reading "In the Electric Mist with Confederate Dead" by James Lee Burke. He turns the hard-boiled-detective genre on it's ear, and is possibly the greatest prose writer in this genre. Any one of his Dave Robicheaux books is good, but ITEMWCD is a cut above.
Doctor I ain't gonna die,
Just write me an alibi! ---- Lemmy/Slash

rumor has it that there are 3 new books coming out on the 'Slinger...can't wait...

Yes, there are 3 more books to be published in the Dark Tower series,starting with Dark Tower 5:Wolves of the Calla which is to be released in Nov of this year.The previous 4 in the Dark Tower Series have been rereleased this year with new details and DT 6:Song of Susannah and DT7:The Dark Tower are to be out next year.:)
Sorry,I love Stephen King.:$

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."