rgoper

I Need Good Vibes...........

i'm going in for surgery on my left knee tuesday. i have little if any cartkidge left in the joint, and may wind up having a knee replacement surgery. my doc says 3-4 week rehab, i say BS! i'm a licensed personal fitness trainer and i own all of my own equipment, and i believe i can do it in less than a week. although i won't be able to jump, i'll still be around to visit drop zones in my area. please send vibes, i need them, this is scary stuff. thanks.
--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"

i'm going in for surgery on my left knee tuesday. i have little if any cartkidge left in the joint, and may wind up having a knee replacement surgery. my doc says 3-4 week rehab, i say BS! i'm a licensed personal fitness trainer and i own all of my own equipment, and i believe i can do it in less than a week. although i won't be able to jump, i'll still be around to visit drop zones in my area. please send vibes, i need them, this is scary stuff. thanks.

good luck! I know that Fit PPL can heal faster but dont OVERdo it;).

I had a friend who was in a car wreck. she was and is again a gym (straight) teacher:ph34r:. they told her she'll never walk again! she was back to running in 6 months! then she got pregnant...and continued to run until about 7 months. I dont believe a word the Dr.s say either
My photos

My Videos

Let us know how it goes. I have a dodgy knee myself.
It's become allot worse since I got back into Skydiving. Not from my landings. Just because I have not been to the gym in 6 months.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
Edmund Burke (1729-1797)

Back in '91 I had my right knee scoped and they cleaned up a lot of cartilage due to a lateral meniscus tear. I played my first b-ball game exactly two weeks after the surgery; however, I continued to swell and had to take several cortizone shots in the months to follow to help reduce the swelling and the pain. It still hurts everyday! I always wonder if I had given myself the proper recovery time if I'd still always be hurting.

Don't be in too big of a rush to get back up but I'm sure they've come a long way in the last 12 years!;)

Good luck!:)

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

Vibes, Richard. And take the right care of yourself -- you've got the knowledge to know what the right thing to do is.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

thanks for the support everyone. i am dreading this surgery, i hate "going under" being sedated before operation...YICH! i also want to take this opportunity to send out good vibes and positive energy to all of those who need it more than i do. i have been roadbiling 25-30 miles per day which is the only reason i believe i'll rehab quicker than most. maybe i'm being overly optimistic but i'm an optimist anyway so i believe i'll be sky diving in 2 weeks! or NOT? again, thanks you guys/gals. peace be unto each one of you.
--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"

<> hope your back on your feet soon :)
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka