CrazyIvan

A new 'Sexual classification'

Can't be arsed reading the article in depth, but where do hermaphrodites fit in?
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

The Future of Men report noted, "One of the telltale signs of metrosexuals is their willingness to indulge themselves, whether by springing for a Prada suit or spending a couple of hours at a spa to get a massage and facial." They might devote an afternoon to choosing their ultrafashionable attire for the night.

So a being a metrosexual has nothing to with with gender and sex but rather money and the willingness to throw it away on something useless (ie. not skydiving) :D:D
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

So a being a metrosexual has nothing to with with gender and sex but rather money and the willingness to throw it away on something useless (ie. not skydiving)

Exactly!!!, so why the 'sexual' thing?, I find that ridiculous, what's next? a High School and College for 'Metrosexuals'? :D:D

So we should call ourselves Aerosexuals or Adrenasexuals...PLEASE!!!!>:(:P

Dear Lord.

Is it just me or has the world gone to shit since John Wayne died? Next thing you know, being a hard-charging, hard-drinking, fisticuffing, pussy-loving, apple-pie eatin - love my country, take no bullshit kinda guy will be against the law.

Let the record reflect that the only way I'm going to get "in-touch" with my feminine side - is if she's laying in the bed next to me.

Well there are men getting penis' cut off.
Women getting them sown on.
What if you get a guy who gets and extra penis surgically grafted to his body?
Sure your all laughing now. But tell me you have not thought about the benefits of an extra appendage at least once, attached to your wrist for instance.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
Edmund Burke (1729-1797)

bwahahahahahaha! he guy's it's hot outside, it's summer and the paers have nothing to report on - so let's invent something new - metrosexuals (reads MAJOR BS). its nothing than the despription of some fashion & lifestyle addicts with some dorks writing on it.... :S
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

Is it just me or has the world gone to shit since John Wayne died?

Yeah, we should bring back John Wayne, Lee Marvin, James Cagney, James Coburn and let them straight things up.

Like, toh-tah-lly.

I wouldn't worry about this too much. Bored writers and marketers are inventing bullshit to full space.

PEOPLE!!!!, there are ONLY 2 GENDERS, Male and Female, stop this nonsense

That's not entirely accurate.
One X chromosome - http://www.turner-syndrome-us.org/
XXY chromosomes - http://www.genetic.org/ks/
There are others, like XYY. Some are even fertile, though they produce "normal" XX(women) and XY(men) offspring.

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

That's not entirely accurate.
One X chromosome - http://www.turner-syndrome-us.org/
XXY chromosomes - http://www.genetic.org/ks/
There are others, like XYY. Some are even fertile, though they produce "normal" XX(women) and XY(men) offspring.

Still...ONLY 2 GENDERS, anomalies don't count.

Interesting info though

I think that I have come up with a working definition of the undeveloped man:

1) Gets a 5 dollar haircut
2) Chews his nails down
3) Drinks beer
4) Drinks wine, too, but doesn't need a sommelier to tell him what he likes
5) Will actually eat animal flesh
6) Understands sports
7) Doesn't drive a BMW or Mercedes
8) Loves his wife and kids more than himself
9) Doesn't have a personal trainer
10) Won't spend $300 to be a walking billboard for Versace or some other designer label
11) Can't see spending 50 dollars for slice of uncooked fish when a burritos is 69 cents at Taco Bell

I can't say I meet all those categories... What have I missed?

My wife is hotter than your wife.

ok, so what "Gender" is a hermaphrodite?

Seriously..I just don't know.

Hermaphrodites have both sex organs, but one is DOMINANT, example, a male with a vagina or a woman with a penis.

So if a person with a vagina can be a man, and a person with a penis can be a woman, how do we decide on the Gender? Is it whatever the person feels like?

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

So if a person with a vagina can be a man, and a person with a penis can be a woman, how do we decide on the Gender? Is it whatever the person feels like?

That's kinda what I was wondering....
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Metrosexuals huh? Thats' funny... I thought we already HAD a name for a guy like that: A PUSSY :P

Yeah, it's fine, we'll walk down the line. Leave our rain, a cold trade for warm sunshine
You my friend, I will defend... and if we change, well, I love you anyway

PEOPLE!!!!, there are ONLY 2 GENDERS, Male and Female, stop this nonsense.

Well, not exactly:

genáder
Pronunciation: 'jen-d&r
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English gendre, from Middle French genre, gendre, from Latin gener-, genus birth, race, kind, gender -- more at KIN
Date: 14th century
1 a : a subclass within a grammatical class (as noun, pronoun, adjective, or verb) of a language that is partly arbitrary but also partly based on distinguishable characteristics (as shape, social rank, manner of existence, or sex) and that determines agreement with and selection of other words or grammatical forms b : membership of a word or a grammatical form in such a subclass c : an inflectional form showing membership in such a subclass
2 a : SEX b : the behavioral, cultural, or psychological traits typically associated with one sex

What you are referring to is sex - male or female. Gender does not refer to one's biology but to one's emotional behavior. So male and female do not refer to gender but to sex. Gender has been historically referred to in terms of masculine and feminine. However, as TheRus has pointed out, the terms masculine and feminine hardly contain the wide spectrum of behavioral traits that one might have (i.e. Pussy). Thus, this new gender label can be seen to bridge the gap.

The problem is the term Metrosexual. It's a misnomer as what the article describes are behavioral traits associated with a specific sex and orientation - not the sex or orientation themselves.
A One that Isn't Cold is Scarcely a One at All

I don't know about adding a whole new sexual classification, but last week I went to get my nails done and there were 3 guys there also getting theirs done. Granted, I hadn't been to a nail salon in a couple of years, but I was a little surprised.

Not that I don't appreciate nice hands/nails in a guy, but it just struck me as odd.

Life is like riding in a taxi.
Even when you're not going anywhere the meter is ticking
- Masked & Anonymous

I think this link pretty much sums it all up

[url "http://www.liquidgeneration.com

edited to add: go to suck my news

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky

>Hermaphrodites have both sex organs, but one is DOMINANT,
> example, a male with a vagina or a woman with a penis.

There are essentially no human hermaphrodites. Males and females use exactly the same fetal structures for their sex organs; they just develop differently. So to get a human with both sets of sex organs the following has to happen:

1. there has to be a fetal abnormality that causes two complete sets of sexual organs to grow; this is about as likely as having a fetal abnormality that gives you four functional eyes.

2. one set has to get androgens and the other set has to get estrogens so they develop according to their programming. Since you'd essentially need two circulatory systems to make this happen, that's really unlikely.

Most claims of hermaphrodites come from people of inconclusive gender i.e. someone who looks very much like a woman but is genetically male and has a very large clitoris. The 'default' sex is female; if any of a number of things go wrong during development the phenotype reverts partly or completely to female even if they are genetically male.

Worms, OTOH, have multiple sets of male and female sex organs on their bodies; generally neither is dominant over their whole life. Frogs even change sexes on occasion.

Of course you could do surgery on a human and give him both sets of organs, but that's a created, not a true, hermaphrodite.