jumprunner

Okay which one?

If youre not injured by the first day, youre not doing it right.

AND

world class surfer much better than they are since they get injured quite frequently

are 2 TOTALLY SEPARATE STATEMENTS. If your going to compare people keep them similar. Zenster was replying to your "injured by the first day" remark... he never said anything about pros not getting injured. Look @ skydiving. The same scenario could be used. If a new skydiver was injured the first day solo... they should get a coach. A pro skydiver is more likely to get hurt cause they're using more hp equipment. Jesh, apples to apples man! And AGAIN this is a SKYDIVIER'S forum.

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

surfing is SO gay!***if you are going to be stupid yu better be tough

Do you know who you are talking to:o:o:o:o

he by no means is stupid>:(

OMFuckingG!!! BAWAAAHAAAAAAAAAA

Thats HAS to be the funniest post EVER on DZ.com!!!!

LMAO!!!!!!

Now after some of my previous posts I find that quite insulting.;) Try the second funniest post...Im still in the lead.

If youre not injured by the first day, youre not doing it right.

AND

world class surfer much better than they are since they get injured quite frequently

are 2 TOTALLY SEPARATE STATEMENTS. If your going to compare people keep them similar. Zenster was replying to your "injured by the first day" remark... he never said anything about pros not getting injured. Look @ skydiving. The same scenario could be used. If a new skydiver was injured the first day solo... they should get a coach. A pro skydiver is more likely to get hurt cause they're using more hp equipment. Jesh, apples to apples man! And AGAIN this is a SKYDIVIER'S forum.

"injured by the first day" remark...

Now isnt it clear Im exagerating?

I got injured the first day from having to jump off the board before it dragged on the bottom and broke one of the fins, then I got rolled after being hit by a following wave on PB, after I came up I got hit by yet another, dragged on the bottom for about 50 feet, and came up bleeding profusely from a rip down my left arm. Didnt want to attract sharks so I quit for the better part of that day.

You can get injured the first day, or any day. In my case, Id rather jump off the board and take a beating and protect the board. And I dont know why I even mention that on a skydiving forum...I think skydiving injuries are seldom something you can walk away from, surfing accidents are "usually" something you can walk away from.

Someone called and said they needed a Hijacker.....I'm here! So what kind of Hijacking do need here;)

I'm always partial to hijacking by boobie.

That's old though... he need something new...

There is more than a few homosexuals around here... hijacking by penis? :D
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

Well now...this is a skydiving forum. I doubt that one could expect to get much input on surfing here, but then I've been wrong before. (Damn and I thought he was so Mr. Right) :P
Shawn McCormick was out surfing the skies on a wakeboard the other day while Dusty Smith held on to a ski rope. The video was rather interesting.....

Well if it were a surfing forum Id probably be able to understand every other word:D At least around here people actually speak the English language.;)

(Damn and I thought he was so Mr. Right)

You didnt just think it!:)

I'd go with the fish or the squash, the pin if you can handle it, I had a pin tail longboard SVF foam(think feather light, like shortboard light) the thing was a trip!!!! SOld it though... And that blue and white is STYLIN!!!

what it boils down to, is "what do you already have in your quiver? get whatever you don't have"

Is there surfing in Florida? Actually theres no good surfing in Cali right now ... hasn't been for weeks, waiting for winter.......:P:S>:(

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky

Jumprunner, I've looked at this post for 2 days now and I have yet to understand why you are asking a bunch of skydivers about your board choice. We're skydivers not surfers. Go ask the surfers! :S

And don't forget that you told me you would be less obnoxious. Hint, hint! ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Someone called and said they needed a Hijacker.....I'm here! So what kind of Hijacking do need here

Ok...isn't the usual hijack of a thread accomplished by doing a CrazyIvan imitation:

BOOBIES

:D:D
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

I'd go with the fish or the squash, the pin if you can handle it, I had a pin tail longboard SVF foam(think feather light, like shortboard light) the thing was a trip!!!! SOld it though... And that blue and white is STYLIN!!!

what it boils down to, is "what do you already have in your quiver? get whatever you don't have"

Is there surfing in Florida? Actually theres no good surfing in Cali right now ... hasn't been for weeks, waiting for winter.......:P:S>:(

Finally!!!:)
Ok, on the pintail, the thing that worries me is, is it going to put too much pressure on my legs? I get sore just damn easily and having a severe problem with my joints, especially the right. So Im thinking the squash or even customizing the HP Shortboard style. Getting a $2000 dollar limit on a card comming in soon so I can afford it right now.

Got your line on the pintail though, tell me what you really liked about it? Manueverability? It sounds tempting, but Im careful to get something I can stick with over the long haul.

Another point...yea, that blue and white IS STYLIN'!!! But...the ones they have in stock arent blue and white. I could go for customization for that feature +++ my own specs in width, nose rocker, and squash tail (I tend to want to have a wider squash so I dont have to work as hard popping up and balancing)

And there's the other point....me being stupid for wanting to have everything right now and not wanting to wait for a customized HP Shortboard. They have two of these in squash tail that are 6'8s and one in stock that is thumb pintail in 6'6.

What do you think?:)
PS - there aint shit in Florida...lake Atlantic. Already have a very thick, very wide, AquaGlide, extremely large squash tail, and 6'9...the shortboard that rides like a longboard but still maneuverable. The other is a 7'2 gun Matt Kechule board from Florida...750 bucks, bought it two years ago....fast mother!!!! The last one I havent picked up yet, from Mark Schnieder in La Jolla, 6'8, high nose rocker, much smaller squash tail, much less width than the AquaGlide, can drop hollow waves or ride in on swells (so he says!)

Jumprunner, I've looked at this post for 2 days now and I have yet to understand why you are asking a bunch of skydivers about your board choice. We're skydivers not surfers. Go ask the surfers! :S

And don't forget that you told me you would be less obnoxious. Hint, hint! ;)

I dont mean to be rude, but:

1. There are a few surfers here, and,

2. This is Talkback and is not limited to skydiving.

There are people here who talk about things not related to skydiving so I dont see where this thread is out of line. After all, we are talking about another extreme sport and Im asking for some opinions on a board Im fixing to make a choice on, and I seem to be getting it.

If you can explain to me what harm this thread is doing to the forum and why we should censor any other extreme sport other than skydiving, then Ill personally request this thread to be locked or deleted.

We're skydivers not surfers

Who is "we"? Im afraid there are a few surfers here from Cal, and if "we" refers to all skydivers, then you should visit Sebastian sometime and count the number of skydivers that go surfing practically everyday. So I am unable to understand what youre getting at.

And don't forget that you told me you would be less obnoxious. Hint, hint!

I am at a loss to see anything at all that is obnoxious about surfing. I came on the forum originally because I started skydiving and was taking an interest in another extreme sport, other than surfing which I was already invovlved with. I absolutely dont see where being open minded about other extreme sports is being obnoxious, so if you are seeing anything wrong with that, please point that out. Im listening, but Im at a loss to see anything at all about being open minded to other sports. I also play racketball, is that also being obnoxious?

Really, Andrea, I just dont understand where youre comming from with all of this so thats why Im asking. But Im getting the impression that what youre trying to say is that its "taboo" for anyone to be involved with any other sport if they plan on skydiving, and that I really dont understand.

Again, not trying to be rude, just making a point.

"injured by the first day" remark...

Now isnt it clear Im exagerating?

NOW it is.

All I can say is, go away.

Another question...
is this more moulan roughe or can can dancer? i'm smart... too big to be a stripper though. Damnit, Vallerina & I were just about to sign up for lessons to.>:(

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)