sunnydee123

HOLY CRAP - SDC IS AMAZING!

Well everyone has SAID that Skydive Chicago is a "skydivers heaven" and I think that is an understatement.....this place is great! From the place itself (the history you can follow through the pictures on the walls, the YUMMY food, the bad ass camping, the HGUE packing area, the abundent landing area), to the people, to the 3 Otters, to the vibe. IT WAS GREAT FUN and I recommend it to anyone who has not been. It is worth the trip!

If I could thank Roger I would but now we can thank Rook and Missy and the rest of the gang for keeping the SDC spirit alive. This is the place of all places...in my eyes!

GET TO SKYDIVE CHICAGO and feel the vibe my friends!

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

Hee hee...........should have them later today but was so busy jumping - almost forgot to take pics - if you can believe that...Made 15 in 2 days...yippy!

Guess what - I missed my flight home and was in the airport ALL DAY yesterday trying to get home :(

Hee hee...........should have them later today but was so busy jumping - almost forgot to take pics - if you can believe that...Made 15 in 2 days...yippy!

Guess what - I missed my flight home and was in the airport ALL DAY yesterday trying to get home :(

Yep, more than one person has missed their flight home after seeing SDC. Can't put my finger on it. Maybe because they were having fun? ;) Glad you had a good time. Sorry I didn't bump into you though. I was only out there this past saturday and on the "Max ways".

Edit to add: did you get to see the hybrid bigway they did? Did you see Rook's move when that one jumper went low? That guy is hands down the best skydiver in the world. There's nothing he can't do.
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

the YUMMY food

Absolutely! We all marveled at the food made at Nationals last year. I think everyone wanted to steal the cook away and take him to their own DZ! :^)

Have they built that restaurant for him yet?

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

the YUMMY food

Absolutely! We all marveled at the food made at Nationals last year. I think everyone wanted to steal the cook away and take him to their own DZ! :^)

Have they built that restaurant for him yet?

ltdiver

Alas, no restaraunt yet. As you can imagine some things have been delayed due to recent events. I'll try to ask this weekend what the new plan is for the restaraunt. My understanding is that it will go forward. But as you can see we already have the food so not having the restaraunt....well....it's not keeping away from the DZ I'll tell you that.

Chef Tim is great and he works like a slave during the summers. He has good help that also work like slaves so make sure you try and tip these guys if you visit and get food. They are so worth it.

Just as an aside, Chef Tim does do dinner up in the VIP lounge on Friday and Saturday nights (if they aren't already doing it at the party deck at the pond) so it's kinda like we already have the restaraunt. With a huge video screen too!
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

Sorry 230 to be on the money

Nestled on the West bank of the Fox River approximately 75 miles from Chicago lies the Skydive Chicago Airport, designed from the ground up to efficiently function as a skydiving training and recreation center. This 230-acre complex contains a large hangar that provides 15,000 square feet of shade and shelter adjoining 22,500 square feet of classrooms, common areas with satellite feed, recreation centers with pool tables and video games, a pro shop, video department and deli that serves food and alcoholic beverages. At night, enjoy movies or a club-type party in our two level auditorium theatre, featuring a 30,000-watt sound and projection system.
Just to the East is a full hook-up campground featuring a large pond that¹s surrounded by sprawling decks and highlighted by a serene island. On the North shore is a beautiful white sand beach that adjoins a large pavilion with showers, laundry facilities and volleyball court. This entire complex is surrounded by acres of pastures that gently roll to the banks of the Fox River. Canoeing, hiking/biking trails and horseback riding are also available on the property.

You have to see this place to believe it!

• Skydiving • Fishing
• Horseback Riding • Sunbathing
• Hiking/biking trails • Camping
• Swimming • Canoeing

Other services can be handled to save you the trouble of organizing them (such as flowers, ice sculptures, transportation, decorations), all for an extra 20%.

Make sure you check out Summerfest next year. It was even cooler than Rantoul. Five of us drove out from Nebraska. We spent a few days in both Rantoul and Ottawa, and all agreed that Summerfest will our destination next year. Way cool people! Can't wait to go back.

DUH...yes I was in Rantoul. Just for one day on Friday the 8th and you might have seen me...I was the golf cart videoing the other golf cart flying a neon yellow Caos canopy....B|. Oh what bored skydivers will do in bad weather B|...were you there. Our truck was parked on the corner by Mirage and PD tents and that is where we were most of the time.......This was a great little long weekend getaway.....on the SunnyDee World Tour 2003