mikkey

Felix eat your heart out.....

Richard Branson is trying to steal Felix' thunder :D

See following article I found. Expect Felix to show up one way or the other at the evnet - as there will be a lot of publicity ;)

"
'Birdman' Branson set to take plunge
British entrepreneur Richard Branson has recovered his appetite for adventure and has set his sights on a record closer to home.

After famously failing to set new records for an Atlantic speedboat crossing and round-the-world balloon trip, the Virgin tycoon now only has to fly more than 89.2 metres to enter the record books - but he has to do it under his own power.

Branson is one of this year's contestants at the Birdman Festival, at which inventors and other eccentrics from around the world strap on home-made wings and fling themselves off the pier at the southern British town of Bognor Regis and, in most cases, straight into the sea.

Their aim is to reach France, but so far the furthest anyone has got towards that goal is precisely 89.2 metres.

"I have done many crazy things over the years but attempting flight from Bognor Pier is one of the biggest challenges," Branson said.

The design of the apparatus in, on or under which the Virgin Atlantic airline boss and founder plans to throw himself into the brine on August 31 is a closely guarded secret.

The only clue available is that Branson has, reputedly, been following a vigorous training program to increase the distance he can cover before the inevitable splash-down.

Branson pointed out that this year's Birdman Festival marks the 150th anniversary of the first manned flight in an aircraft designed by a Briton, George Cayley.

"My attempt will pay tribute to Britain's role in aviation history," he added, without a hint of irony. "

I think Richard heard about Felix' comments after the alleged Channel crossing... :)
---------------------------------------------------------
When people look like ants - pull. When ants look like people - pray.

When will his ego stop?

If your talking about Branson, I'd have to say huh??????

I though he had an inflated ego before this, but if this info is true, it takes a man with a high capacity to laugh at himslef to enter a contest like this....
Remster

His ego will stop (1) when he runs out of money (2) when he gets killed.

I actually wouldn't put it past branson to have something lined up for after he's dead.. not sure what, but some stunt or something with a "branson lookalike" or something just to make people wonder or remember him.. who knows, he's dressed up in drag to promote his products, driven a tank through central square to promote his products, etc...

his whole business story is an interesting one if you ever get the chance to read about him and virgin.