Zennie

If It Were Proven That God Does Not Exist, Would You Change The Way You Lead Your Life?

After reading what I wrote...
Metaphores, as good as they are at making the point clear are just as vague in the way of accuracy. And in answer to some of my own question, the bible is full of metaphore...if you want to, I mean REALLY want to, you can see even evil in the metaphores printed, or written there.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Man Oh Man...we need to stop this....one God Thread right on top of another...

Careful the lefties are comming they will make it illegal to mention god in a forum lest it offend someone.....
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

>For him to come down and say I am not God..

Hmm. Would that apply to Vishnu, Lord of Destruction, as well? How about Thor the Thunder-God? Can't prove he doesn't exist, after all. That would leave you with an awful lot of gods to keep track of.

This is a question I frequently pose to people. The responses I get back are interesting.

Since I'm agnostic, my answer is obviously "no".

I voted yes, now I'm an atheist but there are a LOT of GOD botherers out there who, if it were proven that GOD don't exsist, their way of life would change so dramatically that it would severly impact on my life,

So I'd stock up on Gunms n Ammo and sit on the front porch and wait for them to come running:D:D:D:P
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I'd also be interesting in hearing from those who have faith and answered "no". Why would you not change?

Because the teachings make sense. Jesus is an extremely good role model. If you lose the cynicism of "know it alls", the extra restrictions dreamed up by some church leaders, and the bad examples set by religious men then I believe you can have a wonderfully fulfilling life with no regrets.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do." Ben Franklin

well if it were proven that god did not exist, there was no heave, no hell. then for my last couple of days alive, i'll sit around and kill kittens hahahahahahah :S

It can't be proven that he does not exist, but it is easy to prove that he does not interfere in natural processes in the universe.

He doesn't care what I do and I don't care what he does. I don't think there is a heaven up there though. It was probably easy to imagine that before space could be studied, but there really is no true concept of "up" after a certain distance from the planet.

Radio astronomy would have turned up something if there were really dead people hanging out up there.

Words aren't real

The only way that it could be proven is for God himself to say there is no God.. For him to come down and say I am not God..

Which would prove there is a God..

bwaahahahahahahahahahah!!!!

Rhino

Russell's Paradox:

Consider 'A,' an ordinary set, i.e. a set that is not a member of itself (e.g. the set of integers).

Is it a member of itself?

If it is not a member of itself then it is an ordinary set.

But if it is not a member of the ordinary set then it is not an ordinary set.

If it is a member of itself then it is also not an ordinary set, since ordinary sets cannot be members of themselves.

Words aren't real

If it were(without any doubt whatsoever) proven that (again assuming) the Christian God was not real, or did not exist, (different ideas by them selves), and all that believed in Him(for lack of a better term) accepted this proof(as stipulated before) then the population that

Too many parentheses

Words aren't real

I'd stock up on Gunms n Ammo and sit on the front porch and wait for them to come running

Y'know, my first answer was "no," (although I do believe in God), but this one sounds very realistic. While in the long run I don't think it'd make much difference (people would end up creating a God for one thing), in the short run yes, all hell would break loose in some places.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

With the help of a friend, I came to realize that the fear was not so much of God, but of organized religion, which is a man-made system. Therefore, it is imperfect and is built upon individual beliefs and interpretations of the bible.

I totally agree with this statement. I do believe in a God, but I do not fully buy into any one organized religion because, amongst other reasons, religions were created by people. There are also many aspects of religion which have nothing to do with the religion themselves but are just customs associated with that religion.

For example: one of the Jewish holidays is Passover which revolves around the story of the Jews leaving Egypt. This holiday is a basically a celebration of the Jews leaving Egypt, but cannot truly be part of the core religion of Judaism specifically because it involves Jews. While the Jews were in Egypt they were still considered Jews, but the holiday did not yet exist because they had not yet left. Therefore following the Jewish religion does not involve observing that holiday. Since this is the case with many of the holidays, it leads me to wonder what the religion really consists of.

I answered no to the question, but after reading through the other responses I would have to say yes but only for practical reasons. I would have to adapt to whatever changes the world made, but I would not change my core set of beliefs. All other things being equal the answer would be no.

Note: this is all IMHO, no one else needs to buy into any of it, just sharing my views ;)
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com