fasterfaller

New toy

I got my new Canon EOS 1ds today and went out to shoot sunset backgrounds for a custom photo project at work . This camera rocks . It was a major pain to size it to fit here and lost some detail . Shot for 2 seconds at f8 with a Canon 24-70 L . It was shot in raw format and was a 16mb file to start with . I printed a 20x30 of this and it is awesome . Enjoy .

I wish I could post some hot chic photos but I would get shit canned for sure and I enjoy this job . We shoot models for print and "adult " sites and I am always having to make an adjustment to hide the wood . The smut people are so easy to please , you can shoot garbage and they love it . I have started to put some fine art shots together and will start selling them next spring .

A friend of mine works there . He was looking at some of my medium and large format shots that I had been shooting for a while and said I should apply for an assistant job . I applied and got it . They sent me to learn photoshop , color managemnent and printer profiles . I go to Fuji school next month to learn the frontier machine and then to Lambda school . The guy that owns this company is spending an insane amount of money on new cameras and printers . I guess I lucked into this job as I have litle formal training in photography . The drawback to this job is the insane hours I work every week but I get drawn deeper and deeper into editing images and printing . I will post the original version of the waterfall photo so you can see it before I reworked the image .

This is what the raw image file looked like when it is converted to a tiff file . Tiff files rock for editing as there is no compression at all . Believe it or not , this is the same image that I posted a few posts ago . I was blown away the first time I converted a file like this .

A friend of mine works there . He was looking at some of my medium and large format shots that I had been shooting for a while and said I should apply for an assistant job . I applied and got it . They sent me to learn photoshop , color managemnent and printer profiles . I go to Fuji school next month to learn the frontier machine and then to Lambda school . The guy that owns this company is spending an insane amount of money on new cameras and printers . I guess I lucked into this job as I have litle formal training in photography . The drawback to this job is the insane hours I work every week but I get drawn deeper and deeper into editing images and printing . I will post the original version of the waterfall photo so you can see it before I reworked the image .

niiiiice i'm so jealous!
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

All this talk of toys, gave me the wrong idea:(

I feel so cheated!

.vibmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM mmmmmmmmmmmmm MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM mmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMM.OH!:o OH:o OH:D OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHH,...ah..:)now now, that's better.