Muenkel

Muenkel needs some good vibes.

Went to the doc today. There's a possibility that I have perforated the membrane between my sinus canals and my ear canals causing them to fill with fluid. The vertigo is brutal. I'm now grounded indefinitely. I'll find out Monday the next course of action. I do not know what the treatment is for this. This has been going on for approx. six weeks now and it is getting old. I'm only 3 jumps from graduation. But my health and safety come first.

I appreciate any vibes you can send.

Thanks,
Chris

It happened on my last jump. I had some congestion due to allergies...nothing I thought was serious.

Viking, I'm not sure what the treatment is for this. Michele thinks maybe they will put me on some kickass decongestant that will dry everything up so it can heal. I'm hoping it's that easy.

Chris

MMM MMM EEEEEEEEEEEE GGGGGG AAAA VVV VVV IIIIIIIIIIII BBBBBBBBB EEEEEEEEEEEE
MMMM MMMM EEEEEEEEEEEE GGGGGGGGGGGG AAAAAA VVV VVV IIIIIIIIIIII BBBBBBBBBBB EEEEEEEEEEEE
MMMMM MMMMM EEE GGGGGGGGGGGG AAAAAAAA VVV VVV IIII BBBBBBBBBBBB EEE
MM MMMM MM EEE GGG GGG AAA AAA VVV VVV IIII BBB BBB EEE
MM MM MM EEEEEE GGG AAA AAA VVV VVV IIII BBB BBB EEEEEE
MM MM MM EEEEEE GGG GGGGGG AAA AAA VVV VVV IIII BBBBBBBBBBB EEEEEE
MM MM MM EEE GGG GGGGGG AAAAAAAAAAAA VVVVVV IIII BBB BBB EEE
MM MM MM EEE GGG GGG AAAAAAAAAAAA VVVV IIII BBB BBB EEE
MM MM MM EEEEEEEEEEEE GGGGGGGGGGGG AAA AAA VVV IIIIIIIIIIII BBBBBBBBBBBB EEEEEEEEEEEE
MM MM MM EEEEEEEEEEEE GGGGGG AAA AAA V IIIIIIIIIIII BBBBBBBBB EEEEEEEEEEEE

So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Vibes to ya, hope that you figure everything out and can be back in the sky before too long.

I have a rough time if I forget to take something for my seasonal allergies so I can kinda understand what your going through and it sucks. Good luck, get well!
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Awww who needs those sinus things anyway. Just fill em up with caulk. That'll fix it.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV Blue Vibes VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

imagine the look on their faces when you pull THAT outta your nose after a 'pre-flight' pick!!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Dude, I have about 8 weeks before I get back in the air now.

Heres hoping you get back up before I do!
Healing vibes!

Just dont push it. That can keep you grouded longer than
taking the proper time to recover completely.

I hope you heal quickly, Chris. I guess you answer the question now as to whether people should jump when they are congested. [:/] Too bad you had to find out the hard way, but maybe your experience will stop someone else from jumping under those conditions in the future.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Doggone Chris:

this is bad news, and i'm certain your're dissheartned. but i'm sure a higher power has other things in store for you so don't let it get you down. ~~~~~~GREAT BIG VIBES FROM TEXAS~~~~~~ God Bless Bro. :)
--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"

I hope you heal quickly, Chris. I guess you answer the question now as to whether people should jump when they are congested. Too bad you had to find out the hard way, but maybe your experience will stop someone else from jumping under those conditions in the future.

Folks, Andrea brings up a really good point. I had extremely minor congestion the day this happened. It was just your basic seasonal allergies and I honestly had no clue that it would have such a long lasting affect. I still don't know the outcome or the treatment, but I'm sure it will be taken care of. But I have lost 6 weeks of jumping in the meantime.

This is primarily directed to the newbies. We tend to be more susceptible to this kind of problem than the more experienced jumpers because our bodies have not yet adjusted to quick altitude changes. If you have any congestion in your head and a decongestant does not eliminate it, I would strongly suggest you do not jump. At the very least, talk to an instructor about it. They know more about this kind of stuff than we do.

Fly safe folks and stay healthy,
Chris

BTW, thanks for all the good vibes peeps.:)