jamesgirl

James Landing Injury

I don't know if another thread has been started for him or not, but I can't find it if it has. Anyway I am James girlfriend and I just wanted to start a thread to ask for prayers and support and I want to thank everyone that has already offered prayers and support..........if you want to send him an e-card you can use this link https://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/e-cards/finish.cfm or you can mail it to
James Ridder
Room Number 5189A
UVa Health System
Charlottesville, VA 22908

I am pretty sure that is all the info that you need. I really appreciate everything that you have all said. I hope that everyone just remembers to keep him in your prayers.
Thanks again
Nicky[:/]

Anyone who's badly hurt needs vibes -- this was apparently posted in the wreck originally (that's rec.skydiving). So vibes are being sent, for James, his family, and his friends.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

THe reason I made this thread is that I was told this is the place to look for best wishes, prayers, thoughts and all that.........so that is what I did. and I didn't find any ON THIS BOARD about him....so I thought I would start my own. I am sorry if I offended anyone and I know I made an ass out of myself the first few days.........I guess that is why family and friends really shouldn't read what ppl write about the accidents. Anyways I just wanted to post this
nicky

I am sorry if I offended anyone and I know I made an ass out of myself the first few days.........I guess that is why family and friends really shouldn't read what ppl write about the accidents. Anyways I just wanted to post this nicky

Don't worry about offending anyone. What James, his family and yourself are going through is a whole lot worse than some of the childish antics which often occur here in Talkback.

Sending get well vibes to James. ;)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

THe reason I made this thread is that I was told this is the place to look for best wishes, prayers, thoughts and all that.........so that is what I did. and I didn't find any ON THIS BOARD about him....so I thought I would start my own. I am sorry if I offended anyone and I know I made an ass out of myself the first few days.........I guess that is why family and friends really shouldn't read what ppl write about the accidents. Anyways I just wanted to post this
nicky

There was nothing offensive about the post. there was just no refrence and I apoligize if you took my response as anything but a question that Ron awnsered. After reading about the incident I'll have to say you have every right to lose it, but remember it won't help you and it won't help him so try to stay strong

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>

James' injuries are a bit worse than what we (family and friends) were led to believe. There was some sort of communication breakdown at the hospital but this should be the latest. He underwent surgery today to put in a traceotomy to assist his breathing. Until this point he was on a ventilator but in addition to a lung injury and infection, he is not able to consistently breathe on his own. This is not necessary permanent but is a safer option than extended use of a ventilator. A team of doctors and surgeons also met today to discuss the prognosis regarding the injury to his spinal column. At this point they are not optimistic about him regaining mobility in his legs. However, they clarified this by saying that in some cases after time and intensive therapy some people do beat the odds. The best we can all do now is continue to hope for the best and support him and his family as much as we can. James knows he his hurt but is not fully aware of the severity of the situation. When it is time all that needs to be said is that while it may talk a long time, if he never tries he'll definitely never improve. So he may as well give it his all, right? We all stand by you James no matter what!

No offence...

But when you normally ask for vibes....people need to know more than just who, but also what happened.

So JG just didn't know about the accident...And thats why I posted the link.

This is the place for support, and good vibes. You will find a very loving group here...Incidently some of the same group in the Incidents forum, but there we don't show the love, only look at the details and try to learn.

Blue ones.

James keep fighting.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Hey.

Vibes. I don't know James, but I was just like him once. I hooked it in with a 100 something dives, spent a year recovering, and have done 1000's of dives since. I hope he makes a full recovery. A lifetime is a long time to pay for a 1 second mistake.

Blue Skies Always,

t
It's the year of the Pig.

I just wanted to give you all a lil update on James.....he is doing so much better and we are hopeful that he will continue in this way. He went to a Rehab center yesterday and today was his first day of actual therapy. And while he is a little tired from everything that they had him do today he is still in good spirits. He knows that he has a long rode ahead of him and he is willing to travel it. Because he, and everyone that loves and cares about him (including all of you!) believes that he can do this, that he will do this, and that he will improve! He knows that the future is going to be tough and that things are uncertain at this point but he also knows that he cannot give up. He has such a wonderful attitude about the whole thing!!! I am so happy to tell you all that he is acting like his old self again. When you talk to him it is like talking to the James of before. He is still the same person inside and thankfully he hasn't let this change him. He is such a wonderful person and SO deserving of another chance at life. I don't know if I have put this on the wrong forum or not and if I have then I am sorry and hope that you will all forgive me because I simply wanted to share this WONDERFUL news with all of you. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers!!!
Thanks
Nicky

When you talk to him it is like talking to the James of before

I'll bet it is -- and that's wonderful. Vibes and prayers, because the mind can lead you to strength you never knew you had.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

yesterday was the first day of his therapy and they are really putting him through the motions BUT I think that he is pushing himself a lot more than is expected..........what can I say James is a fighter and he is fighting this the only way possible right now. Thanks again for the vibes!!!!!!!
You are right though....the mind and spirit give you strength you never knew you had..........
Nicky

yesterday was the first day of his therapy and they are really putting him through the motions BUT I think that he is pushing himself a lot more than is expected..........what can I say James is a fighter and he is fighting this the only way possible right now. Thanks again for the vibes!!!!!!!