MrHixxx

Excalibur Denied!

It looks like the French are are taking home Excalibur for a couple years. They are ahead of the Knights by 9 with only a four rounds to go.

The ladies are behind Norway and the United Kingdom by 13 and the 8-way team is down 4 points to the Russians. So, how does a premiere skydiving country have their asses handed to them in world competition? We did send our 3rd best 4-way team, but our women's 4-way and 8-way teams are our best.

-Hixxx
death,as men call him, ends what they call men
-but beauty is more now than dying’s when

It looks like the French are are taking home Excalibur for a couple years. They are ahead of the Knights by 9 with only a four rounds to go.

The ladies are behind Norway and the United Kingdom by 13 and the 8-way team is down 4 points to the Russians. So, how does a premiere skydiving country have their asses handed to them in world competition? We did send our 3rd best 4-way team, but our women's 4-way and 8-way teams are our best.

Plus the freefly competition is nowhere near decided.

You OBVIOUSLY haven't seen "Cutaway" have you.. The knights can pull it off if they pull a Sub 10...
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

So, how does a premiere skydiving country have their asses handed to them in world competition?
We did send our 3rd best 4-way team, but our women's 4-way and 8-way teams are our best.

3rd best 4 way team? Were you at the 2002 Nationals? I was and last I checked the Knights were standing on the podium with gold around their necks after 10 rounds.

If they were the 3rd best the would have been on the short podium with the bronze.

Like it or not when the meet counted the GK's did win.

And thats how the USPA selects the US team.

You also have no way to prove that Airspeed or Majic could have done better.

The fact is the GK's did what they needed ot be the US team, and they are the US team.

As for the 4 way female ,and 8way teams.

The 4 women in France are not the same 4 that were at the nationals. Only two of them were together.
The Norgies and the Brits changed one member from the last World meet.

And the same for the 8way team. They were not the same 8 at the nationals. The Russian team is the same team that won the last World Meet.

All of the US teams met the requirements to be the US team. They are the US team.

If they don't win it is just a matter of who brought the best game that day.

And don't forget the French do have the world record # of points in time. 42 in 35 seconds. Any team would have problems with them.

Ron
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Cripes, Jon. Not in a gentle mood today?

We were down 7 point in round 6 not 9. You're thinking round 7 where Mauberge gained 2 more. I have to say, they are having a great meet and are showing that they would content even if they didn't have the home DZ/home aircraft/right side door/etc advantage. So good for them - world class team and world record holders.

To see this much spread between 1st/2nd and 3rd with this medium slow draw, shows that some real talent is out there in the top teams and they are jumping their butts off. Everyone expected the top 3-4 teams to be much tighter.

I think the high worldwide competition level is great and props go to France 4w, Russ 8w and the UK ladies. It only raises the bar for next year and we'll rise to it.

As far as Nationals last year goes, the Army team earned the right to go based on the rules by having a great meet when it mattered. And even though you, as a liberal, would have liked to change the rules when you didn't get the result you wanted :o (was it Majic?), everyone backed up the Knights for this meet as Majik and Airspeed are first class all the way.

I also don't think that 2 seconds and a third in World class level competition is "having your ass handed to you". As a country, USA is definitely the best overall performer in RW - with the teams we sent. And it looks like the rankings are going to close this way - barring some weird stuff, but it's not over.

I don't think 8-way is over at this point anyway and if you saw round 5 from nationals, I'd not call the 4-way men locked either. The Army has serious rounds in game still.

Go Knights!

Wow it seems like you are enjoying slamming your own teams.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Yo Billy,

Just havin' a little fun, comere and give me a cyberhug. I knew it would conjure some self-righteous conservative responses:o... I haven't heard a word on these forums about the world meet, so I just wanted to get ya'll talkin'.

My hat goes off to the GK for their performance in nationals, as I am all about the underdog. But really Ronald, I think the whole 2002 season and the 2002 world cup shows who the real forces were in 4-way.

What I found interesting about women's 4-way is how incredibly competitive it is at the world level. The NSL and USPA don't really want the division to exist based on women not really having a disadvantage that condones a seperate division, which has some merit. However, it seems the world isn't listening as it is a hotly contested very competitive division this year. Really the Norgies are USA #2 as they train in Deland. I am hoping the competiveness of the world level will build more interest here at home for the division (which I might have my own selfish reasons for).

Everybody hold hands and cumbaya.

peace out, Hixxx

Omygod, he pulled rank on me! That really puts the boohoo in Drewboo. I'll have you know that I am a rather accomplished bad competition RW person. I can identify not winning when I see it. I only freefly because the belly fliers were no fun to play with... You seem to be carrying on their traditions...:P

xxx, Hixxx

Hee Hee, spin it up Al!

Actually, Jon has done 4-way and won at it. I have a 4-way trophy here with his name on it from 2 years ago. (It's kind of like the special olympics and liberal schools, everyone wins).

But by all rights, those name plates should have gone on the A Class trophy, not the AA.

Again, go Knights.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Really the Norgies are USA #2 as they train in Deland.

if that's your opinion, then i guess you need to start handing out numbers to:

the swedes
sinapsi
endeavor (eloy)
XL
Wildwind (eloy and deland)
norgie girls
V-Max
Aussies
who am i forgetting? :)
btw, the GKs are where they should be...representing the US in Gap.

go teams!
arlo:ph34r: