dove

Sleeping in your car in NYC

Anyone know of anywhere safe-ish to sleep in my car in NYC this Friday and Saturday? I was thinking of going to the closest service stop on the Jersey Turnpike but apparently they don't allow you to sleep in your car at those places. Any ideas? I was gonna go to a hotel parking lot but they only do valet anywhere in the city and it costs $40 just for the car! Holy crap!:S

Fall in dove.

Another thought - what's the closest dz? If it's less than an hour I can cope with that. I'll be working until about midnight and then have to be back about 7-8am the following morning each day so don't want to be too far away with traffic and all.

edited to add: closest dz with a shower!

Fall in dove.

On my way to Rantoul this year, I purposely drove through Kansas City to check out the Adrenaline Rush Imax movie the following morning. Having never been to KC before, I was a little lost at times driving around late at night. Now I wanted to save some $$$ and sleep in my car. But I was very leary what with driving through what seemed like black neighbourhoods in KC (I was the only white person in sight) and the thought of trying to sleep but not knowing who's lurking out there ensured that I'd be better off staying in a hotel or motel. And I'm a guy. As a woman, I'm not sure sleeping in your car in a place like NYC is all that safe.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

the ranch is about 1.5 hours away in good traffic... and i think sky's the limit is similar

Campgrounds are prolly the way to go, but i dunno jersey well enough to suggest any.

i can't believe you don't know anyone to stay with in NYC, dove, you know everyone! :P

Landing without injury is not necessarily evidence that you didn't fuck up... it just means you got away with it this time

Yep, dove, you can try the Ranch, or Long Island (don't know the name but will PM you).

If you stay in LI you can always take the train to the city, about an hour, get the schedules on the net. Or I could look into.

Yet a better alternative for cheap stay, try the YMCA in Manhattan, I think is in or near Time square-Rockefeller center.

It is cheap and reasonable.
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

With national stuff I get a room and per diem. I took this as a local gig since originally I was supposed to move to the area. But that didn't happen so I have to make other arrangements. I'm a freelancer and yes, my boss is cheap!:P

Fall in dove.

Dove,

Check with the truck stop first, that close to NYC all of them charge to park. Ive been to NYC many times in my big truck and they have very stringent rules governing parking on their premises. if you could find a rest area that may be more feasible, however the State Patrol also marks tires as there is a four hour limit on parking.

Blue ones
KAI

There's no truer sense of flying than sky diving," Scott Cowan

Hey,

let me know if you wanna stay on Long Island. I have plenty of room-and a nice comfy pull out couch you could stay on. Much better than staying in a car!

It means staying in a college dorm, but its free, its comfy and we have showers and its not a far drive or long train ride in-i live 5 mins from the train station and its about a 1/2 hr ride to Penn station. Cheaper and quicker than driving!
(hey we could even go to hofstra if ya want:P;) lol)

seriously, Just let me know, your more than welcome

*daizey*