jumpinjackflash

LEVEL III ROCKS! I'M STOKED!

I am, so frickin stoked I can't think of anything else!
All my whuffo friends are bitchin that I can't talk about anything else. I need to remediate that shit and get more skydivin friends to bullshit with!

This shit is like cocaine! (to all dea/fbi agents, don't do it any more, havent in years!). When your not doing it, all you can think of is doing it. I can't stop staring at the damn sky!

Then, when your doing it, your going, shit this is cool, shit this is cool! WOWEE!

Then, when your done, and your driving home trying not to wreck, lookin at the damn sky! All you can think is "DAMN, My Next Jump is GONNA ROCK!"

Hover control was awesome, felt so good, practically wet myself.

I have five years left to get my last two kids through school. After that, all bets are off, I'm selling my shit, moving close to the damn dz (where my heart is and my wallet) and becoming an instructor.

This is the shit. This is, soo sooo good! Oh and by the way, for all the nervous people freakin out on the plane ride. THAT'S ME! I'm still turnin up the butterflies, askin myself why and shit. But when I hit that door and blast into the sky, it all goes bye bye. I consider myself lucky to have lived and chosen to do this. So frickin cool.

:-)

One more thing. Quantum Leap kicks serious ass. All the jm's are incredible and it's a wonderful place to be.

jjf

it's a gas gas gas
It's a gas, gas, gas...

Glad you enjoyed it, welcome to the realm of possibility!

...oh and the sky, and stuff :ph34r:
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

THANKS! Yeah, I made the mistake of rereading my post afterwards. All I could think was wow, I used the word "SHIT" five times.

One would think I would be able to describe the experience with more elegant terminology. HA!

No matter how you slice it, it still comes down to, THIS SHIT IS INCREDIBLE!

B|

The sky and stuff are, well, unbelievable....

and i howled at my ma in the drivin rain...
It's a gas, gas, gas...

Just wait until you get to do your first docking dives... Funjumps alone are cool - I did my first (BEER) 18K jump this weekend, but jumping with someone else really rocks.

(Dive 12) When my coach went out the door and I followed 1/2 second later he was 20-30 yards away. I aimed, pulled my arms back, and "flew" (yes, you CAN fly) down to him, slowed down and docked right on him - flew around to his side, and docked again. Flew back in front of him and docked again - went to his other side and docked again - then back to the front and docked again.

I NEVER thought I would enjoy relative work, but when you learn you can WILL your way to fly to someone else it really lets you know (more than alone) that you CAN fly.

Enjoy - I just got my "A" this weekend (BEER again) and I'm having the time of my life - and SHIT ;) its all I think about now too...

- Jeff

"That's not flying, it's falling with style."

My first level 3 was a fricken nightmare. Almost everything went wrong. Well, not everything, I lived. I thought it was over for me, but I knew if I didn't get back up and repeat it right away that I may never come back. 1 hour later, I re-did my level 3 and it rocked!!! I think it was my best jump. I understand why you are so stoked.

Best of luck to you.

Chris

>I am, so frickin stoked I can't think of anything else!

I hear you man! I just did Level II (finally got that guy off my back :)
>All my whuffo friends are bitchin that I can't talk about anything else.

My problem is that coworkers and friends know I'm doing this and can't seem to help themselves repeatedly asking "How did it go?"

So of course, I answer them, in great detail, in painstaking and minute, millisecond-by-millisecond detail. I usually stop when their eyes glaze over or they punch me in the mouth but WHY DO THEY ASK?

>I need to remediate that shit and get more skydivin friends to bullshit with!

When I did my 1st Tandem I went with a buddy who had jumped just once. It turned out I got to fly but we ran out of day so he was grounded. It sucked being him but at least he had the experience to understand why I didn't shut my mouth ONCE for the 2-hour ride home. If he hadn't jumped before I'm sure he would have killed me before the first hour was up. You just cannot describe this to anyone who hasn't done it.

>This shit is like cocaine! (to all dea/fbi agents, don't do it any more, havent in years!). When your not doing it, all you can think of is doing it. I can't stop staring at the damn sky!

How are you doing at estimating cloud and plane altitudes. I'm constantly guessing and have no idea if I'm even close.

>Then, when your doing it, your going, shit this is cool, shit this is cool! WOWEE!

I really need to get through AFF courses so I can finally just jump and fall. Tandem II and AFF II were cool but they make you DO THINGS! I want to just experience the fall without the little dance-script playing out in my head. I know... I know... We HAVE to learn this stuff. But I want to FLY - not work!

>Then, when your done, and your driving home trying not to wreck, lookin at the damn sky! All you can think is "DAMN, My Next Jump is GONNA ROCK!"

Funny. I did almost wreck last night driving home from the DZ. I just couldn't concentrate and the road was winding, etc...

>Hover control was awesome, felt so good, practically wet myself.

My jump went well. JM1 said "text book exit - don't change a thing.". I got no hand signals at all and was done with my "tasks" by 8,500 and got a 2,500ft ride. (Not enough! Noth enough!). I did alright under canopy but I forgot to clear my ears and could barely hear the radio. Plus ground control changed my landing zone because my father (who was at the DZ to do Tandem I) wanted to photograph me landing. I flared out perfectly and was going to do a walk-in landing on my first try RIGHT IN FRONT OF EVERYONE when the ground control guy yelled "PLF! PLF!". So I tucked and rolled with no idea why I was being asked to. Turns out I was flying right next to a ditch and he didn't want me breaking an ankle or anything. Damn! It was going to be so cool to stand up on my first try. Oh well. (Not nearly so bad as my Dad pulling at 12,500 on Tandem I - he got confused when the JM tapped him to arch and pulled instead. Nice 13-minute canopy ride though :$)

>I have five years left to get my last two kids through school. After that, all bets are off, I'm selling my shit, moving close to the damn dz (where my heart is and my wallet) and becoming an instructor.

My goal right now is to finish AFF through the fall and get my "A" in time to do video over the weekends in the Spring. I think they have the coolest job at the DZ.

>This is the shit. This is, soo sooo good! Oh and by the way, for all the nervous people freakin out on the plane ride. THAT'S ME! I'm still turnin up the butterflies, askin myself why and shit. But when I hit that door and blast into the sky, it all goes bye bye. I consider myself lucky to have lived and chosen to do this. So frickin cool.

I agree one-hundred percent... I saw a bumper sticker at the DZ: "I don't take risks to escape life. I take risks to keep life from escaping." Cool!

>One more thing. Quantum Leap kicks serious ass. All the jm's are incredible and it's a wonderful place to be.

I guess Quantum Leap is your DZ. I 2nd that for Skydive Virginia!

I hope to become a regular in here and have enjoyed reading your posts. I'll contribute as often as possible. Experience this intense and pleasurable simple HAS to be shared.

Later,
BallisticCosmo
I don't take risks to escape life.
I take risks to keep life from escaping.

Hey I feel the same way bro. Did AFF II & III this weekend in Byron and it was way too fun, except for the plane ride up, that was pretty scary. Oh and getting blown off the plane when presenting got my attention.:o
Driving is a bitch now. I can't pay attention 'cuz my heads in the clouds dreaming about this weekend.
Hovering and turning reminded me of bodysurfing, except you can ride the air longer and B| at the instructors.
Anyway, glad to hear you had as much fun as I did!
-g

Gotta go... plaything needs to spank me
Feel the hate...
Photos here

Dude:

For me, Level III was the shit! There was nothing ever better than Level III.

Until I did Level V. Then, Level VI was awesome! Level VII blew them all away. Then, Level VIII really rocked my world.

Then again, no jump was better than #9, until #10, which wiped the floor with every other jump.

Point? It just gets better.

Congrats!

My wife is hotter than your wife.

>I hear you man! I just did Level II (finally got that guy off my back :)

>>>My problem is that coworkers and friends know I'm doing this and can't seem to help themselves repeatedly asking "How did it go?"

HA, what's startin to irritate me is they keep askin when I'm gonna die, and I'm like, "get over it" no plans soon, what makes you think you won't go before me?

>So of course, I answer them, in great detail, in painstaking and minute, millisecond-by-millisecond detail. I usually stop when their eyes glaze over or they punch me in the mouth but WHY DO THEY ASK?

Me too, trying to learn how to nod and smile and say "It was great" and leave it at that...

>When I did my 1st Tandem I went with a buddy who had jumped just once. It turned out I got to fly but we ran out of day so he was grounded. It sucked being him but at least he had the experience to understand why I didn't shut my mouth ONCE for the 2-hour ride home. If he hadn't jumped before I'm sure he would have killed me before the first hour was up. You just cannot describe this to anyone who hasn't done it.

>How are you doing at estimating cloud and plane altitudes. I'm constantly guessing and have no idea if I'm even close.

Not bad, still alot of work, I've been watchin the altimeter at 2500, 5000, 10000 feet and comparin it with the ground... workin good, but got a long way to go.

>I really need to get through AFF courses so I can finally just jump and fall. Tandem II and AFF II were cool but they make you DO THINGS! I want to just experience the fall without the little dance-script playing out in my head. I know... I know... We HAVE to learn this stuff. But I want to FLY - not work!

I agree, completely, however, read TaeKwonDoDo's response to this, and how much fun docking is, sounds way cool, and of course we need much more training for that...

>Funny. I did almost wreck last night driving home from the DZ. I just couldn't concentrate and the road was winding, etc...

>My jump went well. JM1 said "text book exit - don't change a thing.". I got no hand signals at all and was done with my "tasks" by 8,500 and got a 2,500ft ride. (Not enough! Noth enough!). I did alright under canopy but I forgot to clear my ears and could barely hear the radio. Plus ground control changed my landing zone because my father (who was at the DZ to do Tandem I) wanted to photograph me landing. I flared out perfectly and was going to do a walk-in landing on my first try RIGHT IN FRONT OF EVERYONE when the ground control guy yelled "PLF! PLF!". So I tucked and rolled with no idea why I was being asked to. Turns out I was flying right next to a ditch and he didn't want me breaking an ankle or anything. Damn! It was going to be so cool to stand up on my first try. Oh well. (Not nearly so bad as my Dad pulling at 12,500 on Tandem I - he got confused when the JM tapped him to arch and pulled instead. Nice 13-minute canopy ride though :$)

Yeah, I'm big on standing as well, sucks when you have to roll...

>My goal right now is to finish AFF through the fall and get my "A" in time to do video over the weekends in the Spring. I think they have the coolest job at the DZ.

Sounds way cool to me!

>I agree one-hundred percent... I saw a bumper sticker at the DZ: "I don't take risks to escape life. I take risks to keep life from escaping." Cool!

Nice, so nice.

>I guess Quantum Leap is your DZ. I 2nd that for Skydive Virginia!

Yeah, apparently attraction to DZ is like pretty common, I know mine is definitly my favorite place to be.

>I hope to become a regular in here and have enjoyed reading your posts. I'll contribute as often as possible. Experience this intense and pleasurable simple HAS to be shared.
Later,
BallisticCosmo

Thanks man, same here, Blue Skies

jjf

it's a gas, gas, gas
It's a gas, gas, gas...

Dude, that is so cool!!! Congrats!!!!! Every jump is gonna be better than the last.

Forget about all those whuffo friends complaining about it, you have to listen to all of their bullshit I'm sure. Atleast yours are AWESOME stories, so I say talk all you want!!!!

I feel your excitement, I'm only a few jumps away from my A and am totally stoked myself!!!!

Blue Skies!!
B|

CONGRATS!!!! I can't wait for my A. And I'm with you, I can see a growth period here for me. It is amazing that whuffo's don't get it at all.... no sense in tryin to evangelize em either.

Other thing, I've been freaky crazy my whole life, never really "fit" anywhere. Everything is forced.

I fit at the dropzone, skydiving fit's me. If that isn't to cool for words, I don't know what is!!!

BlueSkies FreakyFlyGirl

jjf

I was born in a crossfire hurricane...
It's a gas, gas, gas...

I hear you, Level IV this friday, and I've already read the level V objectives.

I wanna 360

I wanna somersault

I wanna delta

I finally saw one the other day, so now I can say...

I wanna do a horny gorilla!!! B|

Man, sometimes, life is good, and sometimes, it's even better.

jjf

I've got gas gas gas...
It's a gas, gas, gas...

Now that's no fun, but your right, you lived and that's the good part (isn't it always?)...

I tanked my second freefall years ago (eight to be exact) from a cessna at 5k. I was supposed to hop-n-pop, instead I hopped and FREAKED. Low altitude scared the shit outta me, I HATE HANGIN OFF THE CESSNA!!!

Anyhow, I freaked, went fetal (in my head I'm thinking, jeez, ya freak, relax) fell for about 3,000 kept trying to flatten out and fly right, finally did, opened about 1800, damn near smacked!

TEMPORAL DISTORTION COMPLETELY...

Anyhow, long story short, I made it, I hate Cessna's, I hate static line (I'm not a damn wing walker, I'm a skydiver) and I love our Twin Otter (real plane) and AFF Kicks major ass, I can actually fly fairly good at this point for a greenhorn...

:-)

Anyway, too much babblin, stick in there, try again!!! If I can fly anyone can.

jjf

it's a gas
It's a gas, gas, gas...

One thing VonSanta, one thing first, Slartibartfast designs the best fijords there are....

next, ohhhhh you are so right, oooh Jelly Donut...
Hell Yes.

I wanna head down, I wanna fly real frickin fast, and I wanna orbit.....

Spaceball anyone?

42 Man 42

jjf

i fell down, to my knees and I started to pray...
It's a gas, gas, gas...

Wow, congrads!! You may even be more excited than I was (if that is possible?). It is quite an amazing experience. I'm gonna get some gear next month, and that in itself is pretty damn awesome! I can't wait! ! The most fun aff levels are the ones you do the back& fwd loops on, I think maybe 5 & 7?

Have a blast!!
Angela.

I hear you Angela, it's hard to say, I know that I am seriously havin a blast.

SO COOL! New Gear Phase!!! I've already started lookin, though it will no doubt be a while before I buy.

Give me a shout and let me know what ya get for your first rig if you remember too. SO many choices!!!

Fly Well,

Jack
It's a gas, gas, gas...