ltdiver

What funny toys did you have as a kid?

Of all of them, I loved the Evel Knievel Stunt Cycles! Wind them up and let them go. They bounced into anf off of walls, floors, and even my sister!

I loved that little stunt cycle.

I remember going to the Post Office everyday for a month because we had to order it through the SEARS Catalog :))

three words: sit-and-spin.:)

They are STILL great and my sister's little kids use them alot (I , of course had to take a spin too:S:ph34r:)
Whoa!.......barf...:D

Tonka's were the best!!!!...they of course led to Tonka surfing....which lead to skateboarding(I'm talking the early skinny ones)....that of course lead to skiing....and that to dirt bikes(going up the ski hill).....that to car racing...then to Skydiving!!!!!

Bet mom never thought buying me Tonka Trucks would start me SkydivingB|

I had the kickinest-ass wagon! really comparable to a modern day garden cart. the tires were wide, and it was hugger orange (at least thats the color I remember it as) and we used to race it down hills, pull it behind bikes, and (dont hate me I was a stupid child) tie it to my dog, throw a stick and let him "fetch" bwaaaaaahaaaaaa! ahhhhh... good times! :P:)
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Stomper 4x4's with all the tracks. I took the little engine out of a slot race car and soldered it in a stomper. The damn thing ran so fast it melted lol. After that i would have to say all of the speed racer stuff. the mach 5, action figures, etc..

There's no truer sense of flying than sky diving," Scott Cowan

oh, yea or we had this one thing. I dont remember hat its called. but you sat on it, and moved the handle bars side to side and it drove ya forward.

Well we used to kneel on it and push each other off this long sidewalk onto a dirt patch and then down a grassy hill. We always go hurt but it was soooo much fun!:D:D Till it broke!?:o
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

wrist-rocket slingshots. Lots of uses for them. Shooting cherry bombs from them is awesome.

Hey, I still have my wrist rocket!! Pulled it out the other day and the thing still works great! (hee hee...and my neighbor's teenage kids think that lobbing baseballs into my back yard it fun! :P:P)

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Toys hadn't been invented when I was a kid.

But nevertheless you invented your own. In the blazing heat, barefoot, in the snow. Uphill both ways. And you liked it that way :ph34r:

Me, I liked modeling clay and the Erector set. Also the neighbor's leftover hypodermic syringes -- much for for mixing leftover medicines and injecting one of our large local snail population. And let's not forget fireworks.

It was great growing up in the unsafe 60's :ph34r:

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Weeble Wobbles

Legos

Star Wars action figures

Matchbox

Big Wheel

Hungry Hungry Hippos

Concentration

A Huffy

One of those rockets, when you fill them up with water and add pressure they shoot about 100 feet

VIC-20, Commadore 64, then a MAC 128k (no hard drive).

:):PB|:$:):S>:(:o:D[:/]:|:ph34r::ph34r:B|

Me, I liked modeling clay and the Erector set. Also the neighbor's leftover hypodermic syringes -- much for for mixing leftover medicines and injecting one of our large local snail population. And let's not forget fireworks.

It was great growing up in the unsafe 60's :ph34r:

Wendy W.

Hmmm, the 80's were equally unsafe. I had gasoline and tennis balls, a medical condition known as "young and stupid". Also fireworks strategically placed on large Star Wars toys. Oh, and matches. Those too. ;)
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

Toys hadn't been invented when I was a kid.

Actually, our favorite game in the neighborhood was cowboys and indians. We always fought over who got to be the horse! :D

ltdiver

It was the most complex time to grow up in. I am so proud of all our parents.

Everything had changed, BLAMMO, and they did the best they could. That included the Partridge Family and the Brady Bunch as models.

My poor recently-returned from the Korean conflict Dad, and new cop. WTF for my recently immigrated mom from Maine. Well that was a little before the cool Vietnam-era toys, but it still confused them. We had fun for a while.

When I discovered that magical metal, there was not a thermometer safe in my house.

See, I had it easy. I didn't have to break thermometers. I just had to push the little button thingie on the mercury dispenser. B|

That was sodium, right?

Yes. We had a pond at our school.

Chemistry was fun. :)

Tonka's were the best!!!!

We had the real thing Tonka Toys. You bought them at the Texaco gas station when you filled up your car with fuel. Got a discount when you did that I believe.

Truck, Trailer, and the Fire Engine that had real hoses that when you connected it to the water hose it really spurted out a stream!

Wow, those were the days! :)
ltdiver

didnt anyone have those construction toys. the big METAL construction vehicles w/ really SHARP points?
or the jeeps w/ the wheels that you could take off and change? :S:S:)
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

The best toy ... which I can almost guarantee no one else had...was this oversized pvc pipe set that you could build forts and cars and stuf. After checking this thread I started searching for what they were called. Me and my little brother had SOOO much fun putting blankets on these things and making " pirate ships."..I'm getting melencholy just thinking about it. In any case if anyone here has kids that are about 7-10 years old...this is a great gift for christmas.

http://www.thetoyguy.com/toyreviews/omagles.html

------------------------------------------------
"Matter fact go and get your chrome, cause I'd rather be, broke thogether, then rich alone."

Yes! That's it!

Interesting. How did it work?

It was really stupid, if I remember right. It was basically a "Who done it?" kind of game. There were a bunch of character cards that you put into the lie detector. The character cards each had a hole in a unique place on it. Then, there were black cards that you put in the lie detector with the name hidden. The black card had a hole matching the character card of the person who did it. You put a pen in the lie detector. If you didn't hit the hole, the pen wouldn't go all the way through, so they were telling the truth. If it went all the way through, they were lying and it would ding. Actually, I may lie. There may have been a series of questions, and the black card was the question. I don't remember! It was a dumb game, so I just used it as a lie detector for my brother...he was always lying!
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning