SublimeBreeze

Very Important Survival Tips

Today I was working on a clients computer and I noticed something by his desk. This friendly little note that was on a Calendar. I looked at it very curiously noticed the parachutes and read on. I think the client thought I was high because I laughed so hard. Then I thought who would put out something like this. Im not a pro... not even a super regular but ive got my A and I know that this is the biggest pile of bullshit Ive ever seen. Its not fake, I promise!

Well, Let me know what you guys think

Peace

Sean

Sean
Sean In Thailand

Yep, I'll call bullshit on that one.

Now thinking about it, Wouldn't it overload the canopy and kill both skydivers?

Overload the canopy? Probably would if you assume one could hold on during deployment. A canopy can only withstand a certain amount of weight on opening. However, kill both? Probably not since it is almost impossible to hang on during deployment.:S

edit Amazon, you got to the link before I did:D:P:ph34r:

I'm sure most people are already aware of this, but that calendar is part of a successful line of products known as "Worst Case Scenario" books. They have all sorts of crazy stuff in there, like how to survive shark attacks, how to wrestle free from an alligator, perform a tracheotomy and escape from being buried in an avalanche, just to name a few. I'm wondering if it wasn't just a bunch of college kids who just sat down and mode most of this stuff up...although, I'm still going to carry a pole when I'm traveling in quicksand country. B|
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

I remember reading that survival tip before I started skydiving. Now, it seems preposterous. Hmmmmm, makes me rethink the one about how to survive falling in a cesspool. :D
"If the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girl's sports such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing." - Homer Simpson

looks like both skydivers makes some nice stands... lucky both of them has a reserve,lets just hope that the guy whith broken arms(after deployment) has a Cypress aswell:ph34r::Dand a nice big reserve that flies and lands itself nice and soft..B|:ph34r::D

Stay safe
Stefan Faber

I'm sure most people are already aware of this, but that calendar is part of a successful line of products known as "Worst Case Scenario" books.

On September 12, 2001 I saw that book laying in what was once World Trade Building 5....I'm thinking they didn't cover all the worst case scenarios....

Although maybe we should all practice landing using only one hand on a toggle, ya know, just in case we're all wrong...;)

Skydiving isn't scary;...but clowns...CLOWNS are scary!