wildblue

Blaine out of his box

Not that anyone really cares...

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/europe/10/19/blaine.release/index.html

I just thought it was funny, they said on the news today that someone took a remote control helicopter, hung a hamburger from it, and hovered in front of the box for awhile :D:D
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

My point exactly...hey, I can lock myself in a box...hummm..hummm....ok....then what?, Do you understand what I mean?.

I think many people in different way challenge themselves. Some take it to a more extreme level than others. I thought that a group of skydivers would definitely understand that.

I think many people in different way challenge themselves. Some take it to a more extreme level than others. I thought that a group of skydivers would definitely understand that.

I understand the 'challenge' part, but why he uses the 'magic' stuff here when it has NOTHING to do, I mean, Houdini did pretty cool stuff, hanging himself way up from buildings, getting locked in a box and thrown in a river while chained etc etc, that was a hell of a show, another great magician/illusionist is David Copperfield, his shows are amazing (which I've seen live many times), but...seeing Copperfield locked in a box....what's fun about that? get it?.

Perhaps becuase I don't like Blaine, I've seen his shows and....well...ok.

My point exactly...hey, I can lock myself in a box...hummm..hummm....ok....then what?, Do you understand what I mean?.

Well, 44 days is quite a long time. It would be quite a test of will to work through the hunger and remain enclosed within a box for that length of time. The challenge is not freaking out from claustrophobia, agoraphobia or simply being visible to the public 24/7 or starving to death and staying in the box without sending the signal to end it. That would be pretty hard, I think.
A One that Isn't Cold is Scarcely a One at All

but why he uses the 'magic' stuff here when it has NOTHING to do

The magic is in getting a bunch of people to pay you a million bucks to do it. In that sense, the guy does have a talent for publicity. In the end, that might be his biggest talent.

I tend to agree with you, Ivan. Blaine gets a big "so what?" from me.

I definitely think the guy has talent as an illusionist, and yes his stunts would be pretty difficult (or impossible without the proper training), but for me that can never change the fact that he's a media whore, trying to sell himself for as much publicity as he can get.

It was amazing to see how people were just trying to piss him off while he was up there. I think they should have left him alone, he wasn't harming the people who were driving golf balls at him off of tower bridge, or the guy with a cheeseburger and a rc helicopter (but on the other hand, it was kinda funny:D)

Has anyone seen the pics of his release? In one he looks kinda like Osama Bin Laden! (I'll look for a link)

>but for me that can never change the fact that he's a media whore,
> trying to sell himself for as much publicity as he can get.

As are pretty much all performers. Publicity is the name of the game.

>Has anyone seen the pics of his release? In one he looks kinda like Osama Bin Laden!

I just knew we were looking in the wrong place!