ifics

Do you have a Kegerator???

Yes, I have one. My roomates happened to have a box freezer in the garage already though. I use it for homebrew but for commercial kegs you need a special tap, a co2 tank, and a thermostat control. You can get fancier and drill a hole in the side to put in a tower tap but that is for looks only.

The co2 tanks are about $79, thermostat $70, and tap is $35. You could use an old refrigerator too with the thermostat control. The tap is called a "sanke" tap - it allows you to hook up the co2 and beer dispenser with the same tap. Check out this website. They have everything you need. Only one problem is that this tap will only fit american kegs, a different tap is needed for beers like Guiness and Heineken. If you need anything else, just ask.

at my dad's old dz we had one. it was one of the worst ideas we ever had.

it got nasty. no one ever cleaned it from all the spilled beer.

it was cool for a month or so though.

but all we did was take a regular refrigerator, drilled a hole in the side (for a tap) and then hooked it all up. another problem we had with it was ever time we had to change the keg, you had the turn the refrigerator and that was just a pain in the ass (due to where it was).

later

There are a number of ways to go. If you already have a fridge that you want to go with then there are a number of kits that are available. E-bay has a boat load of them, assembled and delivered for about $600 or a kit from $100 to $200 depooending on the CO2 tank and assorted other accessories. Go to E-bay and type "Kegerator" and search. I just did it and 125 hits came up.

If you already have a fridge look at
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2355486886&category=20713
with the CO2 tank (shipped empty)

OR

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2567756277&category=1267

with out the CO2 tank....

Hope the info helps.

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

I misread and saw "kegelrator", and I envisioned some sort of "exercise" device for...well, uh... :$
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

We have a homemade Kegerator at our DZ. Gross thing, even if i drank beer i wouldn't drink from that.

hey shaun, the beer comes from the keg, not from the refrig. that kegerator has been passed around the dz for the last 20years probably. it has a history and a past to it. who cares if the freezer is nasty, the keg doesn't fit down there anyways. all the lines and keg are clean, and what more can you ask for than a regulated, c02 pushed kegerator that when turned on burns the fuse out of the hanger?!?!?!

drink beer, or buy us a keg, one of the other
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

Awesome, I posted this went to get some food and when I get back there are a SH!Tload of posts! With all this help I will have one by next week!! Thx for all the help, when its up and runing I will post a pic, kegerator mMmmMMmmMMm I am doomed!!:ph34r:

I've helped build one that was a conversion to a regular fridge. If you've been to SD Aggieland in the past 2 months then you've seen our professional 2 tap, all stainless steel, pressurized keg dispenser. I spent some time refurbishing that...still needs some work (pesky air leak *somewhere*). But we're averaging about a keg every 2 weeks now, so we're having fun.

Shiner Bock on tap...Ohhhhh yeah.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Maybe we should design something to lock the slider open, and make easliy released somehow.

Was he in the Corps, what was his major, what year did he graduate? There's an odd/rare chance I might know him.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."