PhillyKev

Claims of torture in Guantanamo Bay

And twisting the fact to serve god knows what your agenda is, is good?

God forbid your son is returned in a casket, after becoming a POW under enemies, and see how you will get it.
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

That is a mean-spirited post. I'm not sure if you're threatening him, or telling him what you hope will happen. Either way, it's mean-spirited.

Don't you think he thinks about it? Do you really think he's too stupid to come up with the possibility that his son might get captured, injured, or killed?

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

"god forbid". Maybe you consider this a personal attack, still the meaning was that you he is so bent in comparing US soldiers to Nazis then, it is an total irony. Where in my post is there a threat, better yet, let me clear about this, I do not hope it happens, nor this is a threat of any sort. It is a possibility that could happen, a real one, for all of the US servicemen, who put their asses on the line everyday, yet we are compared to Nazis when the treatment of the enemy is unduly to some of you.
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

First, "God forbid" is not a personal attack. Why would it be? Do you think that all liberals are, um, Godless baby-burning atheists? But the way that was worded, it was not clear to me that you actually meant that.

The soldiers, doing their individual jobs, were not compared to Nazis. I doubt you can find a single reputable post saying that. You can find several comparing the establishing of Gitmo to the establising of concentration camps. THOSE ARE TWO DIFFERENT STATEMENTS. READ BEYOND WHAT YOU WANT TO.

The US Government was not accused of being a Nazi state. It was accused of playing fast and loose with what have been considered "the rules" for a long time, in order to "protect" our freedom.

It's been said that people who are willing to give up freedom for security deserve neither.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

And twisting the fact to serve god knows what your agenda is, is good?

God forbid your son is returned in a casket, after becoming a POW under enemies, and see how you will get it.

God forbid anything happen to you over there.... and god grant you the wisdom to act like an American, with all the responsibilities of those who have gone before you who did act in an honorable fashion.

Jeanne

Have already contemplated the possibilities, and have made plans accordingly, on the personal level.

But instigated and twisting facts that Gitmo can be compared to Nazi camps, is way off mark and a disrespect to many people who in fact have painted with blood the very country this guy is despissing. That is a fact. If he does not like the Govt, he still needs to respect its institutions, and wait like most people do, until they get to vote, he has the right to voice his discomforts or whatever ails him, but again doing so, and trying to compare the incomparable, I have every right to speak up, in the name of those who have actually gone before me, willing to sacrifice all, to fight these ragheads you are soooo willing to defend, a service.

Nothing about war is good, yet, there are times we must take a stance, which one is yours?

willing to sacrifice all, to fight these ragheads you are soooo willing to defend, a service.

Nothing about war is good, yet, there are times we must take a stance, which one is yours?

Then lose the RACIST crap...remember we are over there....to bring freedom to the RAGHEADS....

Where do I stand.. after having served my country for 8 years in the worst time in our countries military history....
I stand for what is supposed to make this country great.... a nation composed of people from every nation... that values diversity.. that values what is right.
By building an offshore concentration camp where the prisoners have no legal status... where they are just dissappeared.. that have no idea when they will ever see thier loved ones again...does not sound like the America that holds that promise of so much for so many in this world. It sounds more like what the North Vietnamese did to our guys... what the North Koreans did to our guys.. what the Japanese did to our guys.. what the Russians did to some of our guys on the many aircraft that were lost thru the years and just vanished. I have no love for the terrorists... all wars come to an end..and then the history is written. We have a long history of being in the right... and having done so with honor.

The ragheads are actually the ones we want to keep on a leash...wrong connotation.
Edited to add:

History, starts actually when is being written. Pre-historical times, are referred to before the time the written word was invented.

It happens the very moment people start writing.

Can anyone give any good reason as to why they're being held in a camp in Cuba?

Same reason as the Nazis shipped the majority of Jews to camps in Poland?

"Those who fail to learn the lessons of history ....."

Well Wendy, since you asked for it, I guess this is not a comparisson whatsoever to Nazis.

Held by who?

What does he means when he refers to "same reasons as the Nazis shipped the majority of jews to camps in Polland"?

I guess that according to your POINT OF VIEW as well as capability to understand these very words, it clearly states that it does not imply anyone in the armed forces, nor the Govt, nor the US.

Camps, like strawberry fields I guess....

Fuck them
FUCK THEM
i could give a shit...
i hate to sound cruel or cold. but I could give a flying fuck what happens to those pukes.
There is always a left wing laywer who wants to sue the government over some bs ( remember when it was that we weren't giving them ethnically friendly food?...which we do by the way...and I say if they eat and survive then they are ahead of the game anyway).
I think it's bs to start with, and even if it's not...
EDIT: and you realize that it's not every captured arab with an AK47 there...we have thousads of them in Afganistan now (and thosands more we let go) The ones in Cuba are the high risk, high value folk. I say they are lucky to be alive. That is more than they can say for a lot of their Taliban terrorist (and even the nativs with guns just living their waring way of life....) can say. Most of them got to meet the business end of a JDAM....
I say FUCK THEM

Z

What's funny about this post is you actually went back and edited it. Did you misspell one of the times you said 'FUCK' ?

So I take it suspicion and hate have the same meaning.

And this coming from? at least have some decency and show us a little more than an anonimous post.

And yes, don't forget! Dorothy's shoes will be on sale pretty soon, go get them before they run out of them;)

Clicking and editing the words to make a sentence, or a stance, have been tried before, it was tried like in Arnol'd election campaign, yet the voters were able to see through all that.:)

Clicking and editing the words to make a sentence, or a stance, have been tried before, it was tried like in Arnol'd election campaign, yet the voters were able to see through all that.:)

But you DID say that about "french genes" back in post #126 of this thread:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=718243

Apparently you are either too busy, or not reading completely, is there a reason for which you don't respond to a direct question?

Well, you were busy figuring out all about going to all posts then, since no one in here nows where your "here is" then I guess that there is no point. Keep on cut and pasting...

This post is a summary viewpoint covering a whole lot of posts and is not a direct responce to juanesky.

I don't think the point of anyone is that the INDIVIDUAL US soldiers are bad people, they are doing the best to control a situation. However institutions do become entities or living beings with an attitude of their own and there is a PORTRAIL by the US administration (and more and more the British as well) that they have no respect for international law and peoples rights to a free trial. Many "bad" nations start off down this type of path.

On the subject of torture it is a fact of "war" and while personally I believe that it is just a valid weapon as a stealth bomb one has to accept that BOTH sides can use it - therefore it is not acceptable to shout about Iraqi's torturing our people, while we quietly torture their's. While governments never admit to torture there are plenty of books/stories by SAS type people who tell of stuff they have done to gain "intelligence". I grew up during a war and have friends fathers who took captives up in helicoptors and threw them out blindfolded sometimes from 6 foot to make them talk and sometimes from higher. In the end they get statements that save lives. its not nice but war is never nice.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Well Wendy, since you asked for it, I guess this is not a comparisson whatsoever to Nazis.

Y'know, it doesn't really matter what I write. You'll pick what you want from it. We cannot agree, and you probably think I'm either stupid or unpatriotic. Tough shit. I'm neither.

In another post in this thread I think I addressed that. Not that it matters.

I do not think that anyone in the US government is planning on building ovens and exterminating the prisoners of whatever who are being held in Guantanamo Bay. I do think that some members of the government are willing to abrogate their rights as humans to make their own ends easier. I think that's wrong wrong wrong. Just because a large number of them are, in fact, vile terrorists does not make our ignoring their human rights a good thing to do.

When I was a child and hit my brother because he hit me first, my mother told me it was wrong to hit in retaliation. Defense yes, retaliation no. As a country, we should try to maintain our standards at what we think is right, rather than at what others have done to us.

Wendy W.