The111

the scariest part of the Bytch boogie...

Holy shit.

So I put up this tent on Saturday morning, even though there was only a 50/50 chance I would use it. I was bored and it was windy and I wanted to make sure I could still put a tent up. I ended up NOT using the tent anyway. So Sunday night after our wonderful feast at Hiram's I drove back to the DZ to take down my tent, in the dark, not too sober. The tent and I had a conversation not unlike those I frequently have with my new canopy. I swear to god I was jumping all over that thing and it was still all inflated. So I stuffed it half assed in the bag it's supposed to fit in, the bag of course wouldn't close, and I threw the whole thing in my truck. At home, I threw the whole mess next to my bed which I promptly collapsed on (I had to be up at 6am this morning). About 4am I woke up and was certain I heard something alive under my bed. I felt like a little kid searching for monsters under the bed, but I swear to god I got out a flashlight and crawled around looking forever. I was kinda scared. I finally gave up and passed out again. But there was a moment when I thought the sound was coming from my tent-bag, and I wondered if I brought something from the campsite.

Tonight after work I pulled the crumpled up tent out of the bag to neatly fold it and was promptly greeted by this alien life form emerging onto my living room floor (see attached pics). I don't know WHAT the hell it is, but it lived for 24 hours crumpled up in my tent bag. There is a cat in one pic for scale. This thing terrified me, and I don't know why. It took me like a minute to shove it out the door and I made sure to knock him off the third floor balcony. I hope he died. He's probably waiting in my truck for me or something.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

What the hell is it? I'd be up on a chair or something, geesh, that thing is huge!!! Now, I hope I can get that image out of my head!:S

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

Hey Matt

It's a good thing you didn't sleep in your tent. Otherwise that thing would have entered your body through your rear end and then out your belly like aliens and then the Bytch would have had to clean up the mess her boogie made. :P

It was good to meet you even though we didn't chat much (was I drunk or did I just not see you much Saturday night?).

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

It was good to meet you even though we didn't chat much (was I drunk or did I just not see you much Saturday night?).

I went to Wendy's house after the fireworks and deckwood-works. And I actually got to jump a few times on Sunday. But yeh, we didn't get to talk enough, but I'll look forward to seeing you at the next one!
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

you obviously haven't been in Florida much. The nicely named 'Palmetto Bug' is the states largest cockroach, the banana spiders are mini tarantulas (and not that mini), forget about all the types of fire ants and stinging wasps....

sometimes you see 'em crawling around in the otter, we toss 'em out the door without a parachute, let them invade another neighborhood....>:(

Ya big big silly - these are harmless. :D

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

It took me like a minute to shove it out the door and I made sure to knock him off the third floor balcony. I hope he died. He's probably waiting in my truck for me or something.

huh, better for you. i bet he was trying to eat you while you were sleeping. did you see those big sharp teeth... ;):D
"George just lucky i guess!"

Nah.. you should never freak at a bug that big in Florida... unless you see it coming at you and you are on a motorcycle doing 80MPH....then be afraid.. be very afraid

Well, thank god, that isn't likely going to happen! I won't be on a motorcycle and going to Florida isn't in my plans either!:)
Jan

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.