Nightingale

Pin Necklaces

I make jewelry, and I was thinking about making some pin necklaces and putting them up on eBay. Just wondering what everyone's opinions on them are, and if it would be worth my time. I enjoy making jewelry for fun, and the other stuff I make sells pretty well at boutiques and stuff, so I figured I'd try my hand at some pin necklaces, if there's an interest out there. I haven't seen a lot of folks wearing them at my DZ, so I'm not sure if they just aren't into them, or they're not wearing them because they're jumping and wearing jewelry and jumping is bad.

There big time. Pammi makes really nice stuff. Peyor strings together interesting beads (but anyone can do that really cheaply)...Single Helix is the most original thing I've seen in a LONG time, but not a lot of folks have heard about them yet.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

hehe... ok... I listed a couple on Ebay.

These are girly ones made out of the swarovski crystals that've been sitting in my bead box for ages. I've got beads to do more unisex/guy style ones, but I need to get cord, so here's the sparkly stuff for now.

edited to remove advertising links.

if you wear it while skydiving make sure it will break without breaking your neck if it gets snagged in your three ring and you have to cutaway.

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

Hey,

Been thinking of doing the same. Actually, selling 'em on a personal webpage, not on ebay.

Where does one get a whack o' closing pins though?

Nick

When i used to make a bunch of them i bought the pins from paragear.

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

got one and made it for myself.

My mate has one off his container he put 100 jumps on b4 converting to twin pin teflon... guess his really means something (not that mine doesnt to me).

We award each of our students in our club a pin on attaining their A licence. Its a real award for them and a symbol that they've graduated to a fully fledged jumper. Those pins are really important to them.

There big time. Pammi makes really nice stuff. Peyor strings together interesting beads (but anyone can do that really cheaply)...Single Helix is the most original thing I've seen in a LONG time, but not a lot of folks have heard about them yet.

Ah thanks, although to be honest, my bitch Merrick makes an equal number of them now too ;) We don't usually do them on Ebay simply because we have our hands full generally just completing orders, but there are some pretty ones out there.

Single Helix's are pretty badass as well. Their site is incredible! I couldn't get them to respond to me, though, when I asked if they'd like me to put a link up for them. *shrug*

Pammi

Got on, like it, used to wear it all the time.

Then I found out my skin does not tolerate the standard cheap jewlery metals.

If it's not Sterling, Stainless, or 14k or higher gold, I can wear it for about 4 hours. Then I better get it off, or I'm gonna be scratching till I have blood everywhere. [:/]

I'm thinking hemp with stainless clasps next. :)
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

I love your stuff Pammi. My next one will come from you i hope. See i'm on my 3rd necklace now and i've never bought one for myself. They've always been gifts.

So if anyone wants to buy me one, go right ahead. :P

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Just a suggestion, as I sell things on ebay for a living. The catagory you have your neclaces in isn't the best spot. It should go where all the other skydiving stuff goes which is something like

Sports-sporting goods-other sports. Thats really where people will be looking for the stuff. I check whats listing under that catagory with the search criteria "skydiv*" and the * is variable...so I will see skydiving and skydive, etc.
------------------------------------------------
"Matter fact go and get your chrome, cause I'd rather be, broke thogether, then rich alone."

I think you might be a little bit off.

The catergory is fine for the jewlery, as it exposes it to a much broader customer base. Those that browse by category might stumble on it, and maybe even buy.

I, like you, also browse Ebay primarily with the skydiv* search, and a bunch of "-" behind it (like -bobster -transformer -dvd -trance, ect). I would get the listing based on my search, and others looking for jewlery would get it by browsing.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Nightingale, I hate to be a party pooper, but you can't advertise in the forums. You're going to have to remove your E-bay links, or one of us will do it for you. What you CAN do is advertise in the Classifieds on here and you can discreetly put a nice little link in your tag line like Pammi does. :)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I have not taken my pin necklace off since I got it... I love it! It fits nicely inside my jumpsuit, and have never had a problem with it coming out in freefall. I also like the cord or hemp style better. Seems to be much more comfortable if your wearing it all the time. B|

Their site is incredible! I couldn't get them to respond to me, though, when I asked if they'd like me to put a link up for them. *shrug*

Really?!

Well, the guys that are Single Helix are also professional jewelers, thus they're in their VERY busy season right now. If Mark comes out to the DZ this weekend, I'll talk to him for ya.

Their site is incredible!

I'll tell the webmaster you said that...although the webmaster is really an asshole-skygod.;)

(dave's little secret: I was their webmaster, created the site, but had to give it up due to school/instructing load at the DZ).

Nightingale, I hate to be a party pooper, but you can't advertise in the forums. You're going to have to remove your E-bay links, or one of us will do it for you. What you CAN do is advertise in the Classifieds on here and you can discreetly put a nice little link in your tag line like Pammi does. :)

Oh! Sorry! Wasn't really trying to advertize, more trying to get feedback on what people liked. :o

Oh! Sorry! Wasn't really trying to advertize, more trying to get feedback on what people liked.

Hint....If you just want opinions, post them as an attachment and ask people's opinions, but don't mention anything about wanting to sell them. People can pm you for more information if they are wondering how they can find such fine creations. ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Single Helix is the most original thing I've seen in a LONG time, but not a lot of folks have heard about them yet.

I honestly don't like their stuff or their webpage that much, I can't stand the eXtReME!!! marketing attitude. Or the word for that matter. But that's just some leftover bitterness from when I rode BMX and ESPN started capitalizing on that word, wasn't too long before there were extreme dinosaurs and tacos on every corner.

BUT... with regards to the Single Helix page, the quote on their mainpage is one of the most inspiring things I've ever read.

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

Ok I'm too lazy to go back and check but I think it was Teddy Roosevelt. I shouldn't quote without referencing the source. :)

Edited again to add: Sorry dude, I noticed the part about you making the site after I made my comments... they're in no way directed at you. You know what they say about opinions... :)
www.WingsuitPhotos.com