FeMike

Irish Republican Army

I firmly believe 9-11 and the resulting agression is a religious war. It is NOT over oil but stupid ass ancient religions. Why can't we all just get along?

Speaking as a "Brit" who has served three tours in Northern Ireland, whilst appalled by the events that took place on Sept 11th, I found it ironic that the area chosen for the attack is/was one of the biggest supporters of the IRA. More money is/was raised in New York for the IRA than anywhere else (just think of the contributions made on St Patricks day).

I was in Elsinore the Nov following the attacks, and almost all of the people I spoke to were unaware of Noraids links with the IRA and the acts of terrorism that they have perpetrated in Northeren Ireland and the UK mainland.

Buzz
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

The real problem with the Irish is that they pretend to speak English. Did I mention that the Little People on that island are real mean?
jraf

like the americans then! pretend they speak english! :P

i take it that you mean the "people on that island are real mean" are the british? coz the irish are great and the english are horrible! :P

I don't think the IRA and AL Quada(whatever that dudes name is) are a fair comparison.
What the IRA originally stood for and what it eventually became are to very different things also. Perhaps the same thing is happening in the middle east.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
Edmund Burke (1729-1797)

10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's ass.

Really? Does it really say that? Wow.

It's a race war. I see the UK/US invading Iraq. I see no hunting down of terrorists in N Ireland.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

Well, the brits took our land, starved our people and penalised all who took a stance against them. it's all there in Irish History books, Till this day the six counties of the north are still under Brit rule. However, It is tru that the IRA ....stood for something very differnt in the 70s and 80s then they do now. They became a bunch of racketeering morons that killed indiscriminatly in the 90s. They sent 16 years olds out with bombs on London buses, or blew up school buses, just as examples. Two wrongs dont make a right. Funny that most of there funding for the IRA comes from SO CALLED IRISH in the USA, most of which have never set foot in out country except maybe to play a few rounds of golf, and really have no idea what the money is being used for.

As for the Brits, THEY STARTED IT, in the famous words of Basil Faulty, of course, he being a Brit himself, he was talking about the Germans. lol

Anyway, thats my take.... I was born and rared in Ireland and lived in London for 8 yrs, so I did get to see shit from both sided of the fence. BTW I'm back

HEY Everyone!!!!!!!!!:ph34r:

Hope you don't get Banned!

What if everyone adoped the 10 commandments, and them only, as the worlds religion? It's simple and if everyone did itm the world would be much nicer...Mabye we could exclude #7...

1. I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

If you brought us out of Egypt, and bondage, what is all this war stuff about and why are there so many slaves still in the world? If you created us, then there was none before you, right? So explain the neanderthals!

2. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.

If it were possible, but according to scriptures we aren't allowed to know your true name - so it's kind of a mute point there.

3. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them.

You mean like the saints, or Jesus, or Buddah?

4. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

That would be Saturday, Sunday or Wednesday depending on what you believe. Personally I wonder why it makes a difference other than it could conflict with your work schedule

5. Honor thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long.

Does that mean that if you behave your parents will live longer or you will? Another question - I should obey a child beating alchoholic that personifies the word asshole or the thieving woman that is my mother?

6. Thou shalt not kill.

No it should be read: thou shalt not MURDER - Even God authorizes klilling in the old testament

7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.

Good rule - would keep the murders down. But it might be better to add an "Unless . . ."

8. Thou shalt not steal.

Another good rule . . . could be incorporated into #7 and help keep the wife and/or husband stealing down while simutaneously preventing murder . . . Again - it should have a clause that starts with "Unless . . ."

9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

What exactly is "false witness"? Obviously something to do with fraud - Just a general all around good rule - "Unless works here too . . ."

10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor anything that is thy neighbor's.

So basicly I should not want to better myself, I should not want any competition, and i should not want what anyone else has. How much actualk sense does this make. Would anyone be where they are now if they had followed this rule?

"Unless . . ." should generally read as . . .I am in mortal danger, or I will literally die with out it . . . or . . .there is no other way that I can survive.

Fire away.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Oh ffs... here we go!!!

If you brought us out of Egypt, and bondage, what is all this war stuff about and why are there so many slaves still in the world? If you created us, then there was none before you, right? So explain the neanderthals!

I like bondage, and "he" has no business interfering
here. I mean drag me about by the hair first at least!!!!

6. Thou shalt not kill.

Well excecution by god fearing patrons is ok.... isnt it? double standard there, At least with bondage, you get to live .

I'm turning the other cheek here, beat me if you will.

Hope you don't get Banned!

Hiya! Good to see you back.

Not that I have anything to say on the issue of the IRA...

Wendy w.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

6. Thou shalt not kill.

This point is of interest for Christians as the early church was pacifist - very much into turn the other cheek.

In about 850 AD St. Augustine of Hippo devised the Just War theory - under which it is ok to go forth and kill provided that it meets several criteria - crucially did the Pope approve. This theory then allowed the crusades to take place under the papal banner.

It is strange how often the criteria are claimed by sides in modern wars - frequently both sides.
I'm drunk, you're drunk, lets go back to mine....

6. Thou shalt not kill.

This point is of interest for Christians as the early church was pacifist - very much into turn the other cheek.

It's right there in the Sermon on the Mount, Matthew 5: 38-39

Christians are supposed to believe that the word of Jesus pre-empts the Old Testament.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

6. Thou shalt not kill.

No it should be read: thou shalt not MURDER - Even God authorizes klilling in the old testament

I'm impressed that you are authorized to correct the Word of God.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.