moodyskydiver

would you send it back?

Ok, as most of you know from my other thread ("My Rig!!!") I finally got my new Mirage yesterday. It looks great and fits wonderfully.The only problem is that they made the colors on the reserve cover wrong. It still looks good and I had several people at the DZ tell me I should keep it as is instead of sending it back and have them fix it the way I ordered it.Its kinda starting to grow on me the more I look at it.I know this is really stupid and trivial since I do atleast have a new rig now.I guess I shouldnt complain.So what would you do if this had happened to you? Send it back or keep it?

Heres a drawing of both my order and how it was received,just for reference.

"...just an earthbound misfit, I."

rig colors.JPG

From what I see it doesn't seem to be a big deviation from what you originally ordered. I will tell you a story about what happened to me. I ordered a new jumpsuit. I paid almost $400 for it. I had designed the pattern for this jump suit, it wasn't a stock design that the manufacture made. After waiting months for my new jump suit I got it. In the wrong colors! They used green instead of blue. I called them up and they worked it out. They had me send the suit back and sent me one with the right colors. The next year at Quincy I saw someone wearing the jump suit I sent back ( I know it was the jump suit I sent back because it was the design I had made up). So I guess the moral of the story is if its not what you wanted and don't like it then send it back. They aren't going to loose any money on the deal because they can turn around and sell it to someone else that wants it. I hope this helps you make your decision.

Matt

Matt Davies

Well,it isnt that I'm unhappy about it because it does fit great and I still think it looks good.Its just not want I ordered/expected. Seems like it'd be too much of a hassle all the way around. I'm gonna call my dealer and have him pull my original order form to be sure this wasnt a mistake I made misreading the order form or if it was a mistake when placing the order or what.

Sorry y'all.I feel really self consious because I feel like I'm just being a whinning spoiled brat.:$:([:/]

extorsion is a beautifull thing... cost of sending the rig back and forth + cost of repairs + whinny unsatisfied customer.... I think a couple of jumps sponsored by them could fix the not really happy problem.

then again I'm having withdrawal symptoms so the voices in my head are taking over.

I'm gonna call my dealer and have him pull my original order form to be sure this wasnt a mistake I made misreading the order form or if it was a mistake when placing the order or what

good idea. you better be sure there was a mistake and who did it.

on the rig, well , i kinda like your original design better, but both are pretty good (and similar).
question is, are you willing to be rigless for the few weeks (?) it will take to fix it ?

anyway, happy rig-day B|
O
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

Sorry y'all.I feel really self consious because I feel like I'm just being a whinning spoiled brat.:$:([:/]

You should never feel that way when:
1. Purchasing equipment intended to prevent an otherwise certain death
2. Spending that much money

btw - I think you are certainly approaching this the right way - trying to find out where the error was an all.

Well,I'm not sure whos fault it is.Maybe I read the order form wrong (I'd like to doubt that since I obsessed for 2 months about every little detail concerning my rig..skybytch can testify to that since I bugged the hell outta her with gear questions.but it is possible) or if maybe it was misread by the dealer when he placed the order verbally w/Mirage or if something went wrong with the order at Mirage.I'm just gonna think things over and talk to both my dealer and the people at Mirage. I'm going back to the DZ next weekend to pick up my reserve,so I'll see if the dealer and I can sit down and go over the order form etc to see what the deal is.I just dont want to pitch a big fit over this because I know the dealer and Mirage have done so much to try to make this rig what I wanted and be sure I'm satisfied.

Again I just feel llike I'm being a whinning brat.:$[:/]

I think if it is growing on you and you like you, you should go ahead and keep it because if you send it back, it will be that much longer that you will be without a rig again. But, if it were me, I certainly would check to see if it deviated from what you ordered. If it did, I would insist on getting a credit to my charge card and if they wouldn't do that, then to have them pay for the shipping and the replacement. Bottom line, you need to be compensated for the mistake if there is one. I don't consider it being whiney if you do that either.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

You should never feel that way when:
1. Purchasing equipment intended to prevent an otherwise certain death
2. Spending that much money

I kinda agree,but I know my Mirage would save my butt regardless of its color.Thats why I'm kinda embarrassed.I have this great fitting,new,custom made rig and here I am whinning about the color.I know there are sooo many people out there who would love to be in my position right now just to have a rig regardless of color.Just makes me feel like a shit.:$[:/]

If mirage has to rework it it will probally be another 3-6 weeks to get the rig back. Then you have to pay shipping both ways. Talk to your dealer. It REALLY annoys manufactors to get a phone call from the dealer, then one from the person then another from the dealer, then a follow up from both again. Thats time they can spend on work.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Mirage will also have your order form on file. When my harness didn't fit they were awsome at getting it fixed. 2 weeks from the day I sent it to them I had it back, and in my case they basically had to build me a new rig, replacing reserve pin cover shouldn't be as big of a fix. So find out if they mis-read the order form if your dealer mis-read the form, or what happened, then decide if you want to keep the rig or get it fixed.
Fly it like you stole it!

i would probly call them up and tell them about it but i would not want to send it back. Just tell um to pay attention to the details if you want happy customers.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin