fool

decisions decisions

ok, so here's the deal. Soon I will have the cash to either get a new main, or a new container... I'm having a hard time deciding which to get first. I will end up getting them both, but am trying to figure out which one sitting there will get me more motivated to save for the rest of the rig.

S.E.X. party #1

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "f*#k, what a ride".

Why do you need a new main? Is it ragged out, does it need a new lineset? Do you want more performance? If you want more performance, are you actually flying the canopy you own to the maximum performance of that canopy?
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

just a thought, no good reason - I think an empty container is going to be more motivational than a main with no home - because you'll blatantly just put your new main into your old container - where's the motivation in that?

Yeah, but unless he's buying a new container with plans to downsize, what's stopping him from putting his current main into the new container? ;)

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.

ok don't suppose he can be downsizing much from a stiletto 120, I didn't look at his profile, I'm still on a huge canopy and in my baby stages - where 'why would you buy a new canopy unless it was smaller?' seems relevant
I still say container though - just to be stubborn :)

Go for the container, if it's new and custom made it will fit you better. The main you can either rent, borrow, buy second hand. Chnaces are your next and after next main will also fit in a custom container.
But with a container you'll need at least a reserve:o.
OK I don't know.

Well, I don't NEED a new main, but I want to use this money towards my next set of gear while I have it rather than wait till I'm ready to use it and not be able to afford it. That's all.

S.E.X. party #1

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "f*#k, what a ride".

well, it will all be coordinated too, you don't have to buy it all at the same time to pick the right colours.

S.E.X. party #1

Sometimes the colors change a slight bit. It all depends on the chemical composition of the ink/dye used and that can change over a period of time. I had that problem once before so I waited till I could buy it all at one time, just to insure that all the colors were the same.

"Upon seeing the shadow of a pigeon, one must resist the urge to look up."

I don't think it will be that big of a deal really... neither the main, nor the container will be in the light of day until they are together really, so the colour thing shouldn't be an issue.... I don't know, not one that I'm overly concerned with anyhow
:)

S.E.X. party #1

right but since the container manufacturer and the jumpsuit manufacturer and the canopy manufacturer don't necessarily use the same matierials, or when they do there is no guarantee that any of it is from the same die lot I don't really see how this is relevent.

..It is far worse to live with fear, than to die confronting it.

I say the GIRL! No wait, the CAR! Take the girl, definitely. Definitely the CAR. :P Wait, what were we talking about? Oh yeah, definitely the container. I already have a kick-ass canopy (for me) in a craptacular container, and my motivation to save for a new container is WAY low.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

Well, so far what I've learned from this, is that the people who think I should get the container are more likely to post than those that say go for the main. Also, that I was ok in having the tough decision, as the results are closer than Bush vs. Gore :)

S.E.X. party #1

If you get a new canopy and end up blowing out a sneaker on landing because your still getting used to it, your going to dirty up that old container. Which will be no big deal cause your going to get a new one soon anyway.
On the other hand. A brand spanking new ZP is a real pain to pack. Mind you, it will have better trim and thus may give you better landings... Mmmm now I'm confused.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
Edmund Burke (1729-1797)

lol. I was already confused, and I hadn't really thought of it like that... hehehe, then again, I'm usually sane. heehehe

S.E.X. party #1