Michele

Help me make a decision...(serious)

yeah, and if they make you upwards of 5G a crack you give em a free tandem at the Snore....:P

Accelerate hard to get them looking, then slam on the fronts and rollright beside the car, hanging the back wheel at eye level for a few seconds. Guaranteed reaction- Dave Sonsky

Come on Michele!
You sell real Estate in Southern California!

That's like having a license to print money!! ;)

Get the "Zip-Lock" and get to work...
Isn't is a deductable business expence anyway??

You GO Girl! :)
...by the way, looking for a 6 bdrm,6bth,2crgrg,pool with mountians in the back...ocean in the front...LOL :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

sell your house, car, etc and move out to the DZ. B|

"Who's she?"

"Oh, that's Boom Boom."

"What's up with the pie?"

"Oh, she used to be some big shot doctor or lawyer or real estate agent or something in the city. She sold everything and moved out to the DZ. She cut away all the bullshit."

Hey, that sounds like it would make a pretty good movie. How do we fit drug smuggling in there though? You gotta have drug smuggling in a skydiving movie, ya know. B|;)
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

by the way, looking for a 6 bdrm,6bth,2crgrg,pool with mountians in the back...ocean in the front.

Um, sure....I can find that for you, no problem....ready to spend the buckeroos???;)

This kept me up until about 1 am, and then I was up again at 5 running numbers, chewing the pencil, and considering the ramifications....

Wingi, I will take you up on that ramen case if it doesn't work, but if it does, I'll be able to buy you a jump or two - as long as we can get JT to funnel it for us!!!

BTw, the lead which came in at 9ish last night was an investment property worth +/- 700K, and I already have a buyer for something like that in that neighborhood. And that's from the cheap zip.

John, you really are right. I need to get a decent medical plan in place. The issue is right now the "pre-existing conditions", and their non-coverage. I will be looking at how to get protected and covered, I promise, just as soon as I can financially swing it.

Thanks, all...

Any more opinions about this????

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

I say no. This is a business investment, and your credit cards charge you interest at a consumer debt rate. They are a very expensive way to finance a business. If you need money for something like this, go to a bank, not a credit card company. Financing risky items at 21% is a tough row to hoe.

Brent

----------------------------------
www.jumpelvis.com

I say go for it, but that's based on just what you've told us here. Locking up 40% of your usual market can be nothing but a good thing. If you need 3 deals to make a profit, you're probably going to get it given the leads that have been generated via the site already. If the market is red hot , you should be fine. If you didn't make 3 deals in the next few months, you're going to be broke anyway if being a realtor is your only source of income. I say do it. Mass mailings don't work very well and cold/warm calling has got to be a royal pain and quite unrewarding.

What is your lead:sale ratio? Are you selling your own listings (probably not; uncommon for this to occur)?

My US$0.02. Good luck.

Vinny the Anvil
:)
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

I would look at your current conversion rate. How many leads does it on average take you toconvert into a commission.

Then, you will have to make a judgement call on the quality of the leads and adjust the rate accordingly.

If it doesn't work, it continues to be a tax write off which will lessen the burden.

The way you make it sound, it sounds very positive and I would go for it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Michele,

Some questions come to mind...

How long is the contract? Are you buying 1 year or month to month. What is the possibility that you could list a house from your existing zipcode, sell it and have the money to buy a new zipcode? What is the possibility that another realtor will lock up that zipcode before you can? What happens after 5pm if you don't buy the zipcode? Does the website have another realtor lined up? What type of marketing does the website do to generate the leads? What is their commitment to continue that marketing after you sign up? What happens if they don't make their committed lead generation? Are the leads you are getting from your existing zipcode qualified? Are they really leads or just people having fun on the web? If you don't sign up for the new zipcode and another realtor does, how much business would you lose? Could you go in with another Realtor and split the leads?

I think that if there is an immediate threat that you will be locked out of the zipcode you should put it on credit. Try to get a 0 interest for the first 6 month type of card. You should be able to list/sell 1 house in that amount of time to pay off the debt.

I hate personal debt. I worked very hard 3 yeard ago to eliminate my CC debt ($15k or so). I'm buying a house next month so it was all worth it.

Debt for a business is another matter. Sometimes you just can't do without it. I have some REALLY big loans hanging over my head for my company. Keeps me up at night sometimes but it has to be done in order to continue growing.

Business is taking Risks
The only thing you have to know is if you can live with the worst case scenario. If you can take the risk.
Please remember that i don't know the numbers that are involved.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

[QUOTE]Hey, that sounds like it would make a pretty good movie. How do we fit drug smuggling in there though? You gotta have drug smuggling in a skydiving movie, ya know.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure we'll be able to figure it out. B|

Now all we have to worry about is whether or not michelle will get mad if we start calling her "boom boom". :D:ph34r:

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

Hi, all.

After a lot of thought, and about 3 hours' sleep, I sat down with the sales rep and started negotiating. He said no.

Then I talked to his manager. She said no.

Then I talked to her manager, the regional director. He listened patiently, and said no. So I started over...look, if that many people say no to me, my communication skills are sucking eggs, because they should be saying yes already...which I told him...and he laughed.

Long day/long story short, 4 calls and about 2 hours all told later, I negotiated the price I wanted to pay - which was a full 34% lower than the asking price. Further, I locked it for 6 months, with an additional optional lock for a month to month at the end of the six months, at the same price I am paying now.

:)
Thanks for all the advice, pros and cons. It really helped me look at things from different perspectives, and that allowed me to find my top dollar and stay with it.

Wingi, I may still have to take you up on that ramen...but maybe not, either. We shall see what we shall see...but like someone once said, "why not go out on a limb? That's where all the fruit is!"....

Ciels!
Michele

"why not go out on a limb? That's where all the fruit is!"....

Hey!?! Don't know where they got the idea we live in trees? I happen to live in an apartment. ;)

Seriously though, sounds like you made a good decision. I was going to post earlier, but others had already said what I was going to say. Good Luck, although I don't think you'll need it. You're a pretty smart cookie. B|
Keith

Don't Fuck with me Keith - J. Mandeville

Yeah, Keith, you're just a big ol apple living in an apartment....but this smart cookie adores you whether on a branch or in a high rise....;)

Deuce - if it works, and you want information, please don't hesitate to ask...

Jennifer!

Keeping fingers crossed that it all works out

Yeah, well, me too....worst case is it doesn't, and then at least I can say I tried. Best case is I've locked up a serious territory, and I get to make some "bling bling".

I used that term "bling bling" in a conversation with a new client (unconnected) who's very young (23-24) and ready to buy his first home. He laughed when I said it, and I used it correctly (as in "you want a house with some serious bling bling....").

Hey, a new term for me. I think it sounds very funny....especially coming from me when I'm dressed for work. LOL!!!

Thanks again, guys -

Ciels-
Michele

michele,
trying to pictue you saying "bling bling" is about the same as me trying to picture my dad and mom smoking some pot and then streaking across the football field at highschool durring half time (which i would probly die if i found out they did cuz it would be so suprizing) bust of luck with your decison and let me know about the ramen.......

trying to pictue you saying "bling bling" is about the same as me trying to picture my dad and mom smoking some pot and then streaking across the football field at highschool durring half time

LOL, yes, that's what was sooooo funny! Here I am, in a muted gold suit, 3 inch brown heels, hair and makeup done - conservative - saying "bling bling". Made him laugh, and that broke the ice...

Squeak, if I make any money, I might be down thataway for a vacation. Three places I really want to go see - Ireland, Alaska, and Australia....not necessarily in that order. And I want to bring my jump gear so I can see it from a special vantage point! But that's yet to be seen...health and debt to address first, but then...hey, watch out!!!

Ciels-
Michele