Dagny

How do you cope?

Well, it looks like it happened. I have two friends here in Fort Lauderdale who are very important to me, but our relationship has become a little distant recently. It's partly skydiving related, partly life related. And, I returned from the DZ this weekend to find that they won't return my calls...three days running now. To avoid feeling stalker-esque, I'm going to stop calling and let them make the next move...if there is one.

So, I've been feeling a bit down as of late and a bit lonely. I live far away from family and now that my closest friends aren't anymore and the holidays are coming up...Well, now, I'm curious...how do you cope when you feel like crying? How do you keep yourself sane when things look bleak? What's the key to your happiness?

(On a side note, I'd just like to say when you're mad at me, I do much better if you tell me straight. Tell me to f*ck off and I understand....just don't disappear)
Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic.
-Salvador Dali

I'd go to the DZ as much as possible and hang with your new friends.
Especialy around xmas, the bigger DZ's ussually have an orphans xmas and fun things to do.
Like the Arazona thingy that everyone is amped about:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

How do you cope?

I live with the seasons here- :P
this time of year skydiving comes to a halt and time for socializing more has come. (Everyone I know has become aware and accepted the way I live.)

I have time in the winter now for projects I neglect in the summer....and for family, friends...(that I only see on occasion throughout the summer months)
On the creative side to keep me satisfied this time of year...(sewing new tab drapes to cover my windows/ ripping up carpet and laying wood floors/sewing my own new jumpsuit/ re- building my skydiving webpages- designing new skydive graphics and animations/ planning Xmas party and shopping for gifts/decorating my place/ cooking & baking)

Also looking forward to skiing, snowboarding and relaxing infront of my fireplace reading a good book, along with my favorite blueberry teas....

Somehow the year balances out with the seasons.
Honestly ---think I keep so busy that "lonely" has no roomB|

SMiles;)

If I can't skydive, I have to fly!! It's just something about not being in contact with the earth. What a release from the "real" world! If I can't skydive or fly, stay out of the bars, 'cuz here I come!

Don't tell me I can't! I already know that! Haven't you seen my x-rays?

Sometimes I go weeks without calling people. Sometimes I disappear from the forums, too. Doesn't mean I'm mad or anything. Just caught up in other things.

You sound like you're just getting the away-from-home holiday blues. The answers to your troubles are probably at the DZ in the form of skydives, alcohol, and hottie freefliers! ;)

In a world full of people, only some want to fly... isn't that crazy! --Seal

You know, it's funny. I only started skydiving in May, but the first thing I wanted to do when I started feeling maxed out on stress was get to a dz. For something that just recently became a part of my life, it has become an important part of who I am...and a powerful antidote for the blues.

The things I like to do to cope with stress are skydiving, exercise, and sex. Basically anything that requires my mind to concentrate on something other than feeling bad and brings my body to the point of exhaustion so I can sleep.

Can I just say that I am really glad to have friends here and at the dz? It makes all the difference knowing I don't have to be alone this holiday season! :)
I won't pretend to know which direction my life is headed, but I wouldn't change a thing right now. (I just wish my two friends and I were moving in the same general direction...)
Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic.
-Salvador Dali

Sweetie...if they are REAL friends, they will sort through whatever THEY are feeling about what YOU have going on - and if they love you as a true friend should - they will accept it and pick up the phone.

Right now, although not always easy to grasp, is that YOU have to do what makes YOU happy and hope that EVERYONE in your life understands.

Been there, done that....as someone said previously - you have new friends in the skydiving realm of thigns and you are not alone.

BIG HUGS....Hope to see you Friday or Saturday - you know where I'll be ;)

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

Here's my opinion:

What happens in life is we have a circle of friends that revolves around who we are and what we become. As you circle around in life you tend to lose friends that dont share the same interests anymore, but you pickup friends that share the same interests. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Sure it hurts at first, but all wounds heal. Just think how close you have become with your new friends from skydiving in the short time you have been jumping.

There's no truer sense of flying than sky diving," Scott Cowan

I know, prolly sounds unimaginative, but seriously I sneak out of where-ever and try to jump...been rough lately as my chosen DZ is closed except Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays now, but up until the schedule change, I just had to get in the air. Nothing can put things right like altitude.

Oh, and a nice dinner out with my hubby. And spending a lot of money. And getting my nails done. -But skydiving always first and foremost fixes all hurts!
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Can I just say that I am really glad to have friends here and at the dz? It makes all the difference knowing I don't have to be alone this holiday season! :)
I won't pretend to know which direction my life is headed, but I wouldn't change a thing right now. (I just wish my two friends and I were moving in the same general direction...)

1) We're glad to have YOU as a friend here too. You're pretty cool, even if you only started jumping in May. :P (pssst! I only started in June)

B) As long as you are having fun living your life the way you want to at this point in life, no worries, right? At least, none that can't be remedied through skydiving.

^) True friends will be there.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.