SkydiveNFlorida

DAGNY got her A license! :D

Don't know if she posted about it, but I didn't see a post out there. She completed her A license requirements this last weekend in Sebastian. It seems like just yesterday that... haha. j/k

CONGRADS to you Dagny! Now you need to travel the state and play at all the DZs! Oh, that and save for gear;).

:D Hope to see you soon in Pahokee:)
Angela.

Thank you so much!! :)
This weekend was awesome in so many ways...and it wasn't just because the weather was perfect! I managed to do 8 jumps this weekend. The first one let me finish up my A license and after that it was game on!

My FIRST 2 way was with Aviatrr and Zeemax. Aviatrr flew belly for me and didn't even complain that he wasn't jumping a birdman suit. Zeemax flew in a sit (I just love to watch freefly at work!). That was very cool, but now I realize that I have a LOT to learn in the sky.

I was scared for the first time under canopy this weekend when I found myself far away from the DZ and not making good progress back. I'm not religious, but I prayed a lot just to get past the trees and near grass (please, any grass!). I picked an alternate at the golf course, but reassesed and used my last 4-500 feet to clear the trees and get back to the airfield. Managed to make a flat turn into the wind and landed it near the runway. Started shaking so bad, I couldn't pick anything up. Learned a lot on that one...like...take a safe landing area, don't take risks just to get back. B|

I packed 3 times this weekend. Jumped two of them before the rig was repacked and rented to another fun jumper. Got a lot of advice on it, too. Realized I need my own rig. SOON! :)
I downsized, too, from a Nav 240 to a Nav 210 to what I wanted to be on....a Sabre 190! (and learned about the sabre slam...ow) It landed so much faster than I was used to. My first landing on it would have been into the wind except there were a lot of people in the area and I still don't KNOW where I'll end up, yet. Didn't want to hit anyone so I crabbed a bit longer and then had to choose...middle of the ditch or a crosswind. So, it turned into my first fully crosswind landing. It wasn't so bad...;)

Sooo....Missy is a happy girl! :)
Thanks to Sunnydee for her advice on packing and jumping! Thanks to SkydiveNFlorida for the enthusiasm and support! And, thanks to Aviatrr for watching my landings and jumping with me. A whole new dimension has opened up to me in skydiving and it's made so much better by you all.

To those of you I know (and even those I don't), I'd like to say...I look forward to jumping with you! B|
Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic.
-Salvador Dali

Here I am, wishing I could find something more intrinsically meaningful than the standard platitudes directed at your accomplishment, and all I can think about is, "How much beer did you REALLY drink?" ;)

Seriously, I'm glad you're enjoying skydiving as much as you are. It's nice to have the intelligent people on board with the rest of us. B|
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

Doesn't that usually imply that dues were not properly paid?
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC

they were, but there was some crazy ruling whereby the beers were kept behind the bar, and only for instructors?? how does that work?
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Hmmm, I've never heard THAT one. Our fridges are open access, and that's where all dues go, unless they are private dues for something specific. "Instuctor-only" beer is an interesting one, I'd say. Don't your instructors like sharing? ;)

they were, but there was some crazy ruling whereby the beers were kept behind the bar, and only for instructors?? how does that work?

Right, freaking RETARDED! that is the only dz where it is the case. I, personally, would not tolerate it. If they were going to do that for me, i'd just go ahead and purchase the damn bears and set them on the table out front for all. They pulled the same shit when she graduated AFF, too. It's a new thing cuz they didnt' do that when I graduated AFF, ... everyone drank! Dumb idea. Like there are no ways around it *rolleyes*.

Angela.

It surprise me, too...I put $30 on beer (all I could afford after jumping all day) and it bought...hmmm...12 beers. Restricted access beers, at that. But I paid my dues!! And I'm bringing a cooler to zhills!!! (and my camera...watch out, I'm prowling for blackmail photos!) :P
Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic.
-Salvador Dali