bobobiggalo

Cloudy this weekend or not?

I heard all freakin week,that it was supota be clear.
I just checked it and all the sudden,it's supota be mostly cloudy all day saturday. I'm thinkin not,but who's still comin to SGC this weekend and hangout at least.I got movies and popcorn! It can't do it all day. ;)

Watch out where the huskies go,and don't you eat that yellow snow!~ZAPPA

Are they 5 in Stilettos? Will you dance wearing nothing but them on the rigging table?

No bad stuff would ever happen on those rigging tables...and we would never duct tape someone either....:)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

oh wait, i'm in cali and you're in ohio

I wonder what Bob is complaining about it looks like good weather there to me.
Weather for Xenia OH

Tonight
Nov 21 Mostly Clear 45° 0 %
Sat
Nov 22 Partly Cloudy 67°/52° 0 %

As opposed to
Snohomish WA

Tonight
Nov 21 Mostly Clear 25° 20 %
Sat
Nov 22 Partly Cloudy 41°/29° 10 %

But just wait...BWAHAHAHAHA

It gets COOOOOOOOLD in Ohio in the winter... especially when I was there 27 years ago when the jump ships were REALLLLLY slow there at SKydive Greene County.. we had several Cessnas.. tail draggers (no heat either) a Beech 18 and a DC-3.. Talk about long cold rides....BBBRRR

OK, second try.

BOBO my preminum weather says warm, partly cloudy and mininual winds.

If I am wrong, I promise if skydivers cannot skydive on Saturday at SGC, I will cook for all of you. If, on the other hand I may not want to cook for you scavangers :) I will take you out to dinner on Saturday night, our cost. If we fly, you loose :)

Would anyone have a clue as to where I will take you, IF I decide not to cook?

Skies blue, and hope we skydive Saturday!

Love ya all

SGC
guess who :)

Amazon, things have changed since the long ago times you remember! Come back for a visit! Would love to see you again.

Yep, we may be the old farts, but you have to give us credit we have stayed with the times! Still live across from the DZ where you remember us.

Come home for our 43rd year, I think?, Christmas Party always held the lst Sat in December.

Skies blue,
SGC

PS, please visit us.!

Thank you for the kind invite.. but I am thinking I realllllly need to be in Arizona for Christmas;)

I should come back thru there one of these days.. Late spring before it get so humid and hot would be nice. I have looked at your website a few times and have seen the new airplanes they look great.
Super Turbine CASA's!
Super Twin Otter!
Super Turbine Westwind Beech's!
Cessna 206

Impressive list for sure since I am currently at a DZ with a mere 2 C-182's and one is broke. The other DZ ( the one with the Caravan and Otter) is about 80 miles and way too much traffic to wade thru unless its VERY clear ( next door Pilot McNasty is making things difficult) to make it worth driving that far. I was there at SDGC in 1976 and 77 and was actually experienced (100+ jumps) by the time I got there, but I learned a lot while I was there( when I could afford to jump on my limited military salary). It took a while to get to jump with the cool kids but I managed a few with them eventually. At the time I was in the USAF out at Wright Patterson and shall we say it was not the best time to be in the service. People were not always very accepting of military members at the time. But that is long ago and a far away time at this point. I will make it back that way someday.

I did order a few things from Rigs and Things.. when I saw their link on your site.

Military members not accepted at that time? I think you must have us mixed up with another DZ.

We have forever, supported WPAFB, the original Golden Knights, the USAFA, West Point, and the Naval Accademy 100 percent!

Jim West was awarded an "honoray Golden Knight" many, many years ago, because of his support for all of the military and what they stand for and what they still stand for to this day!

Jim was invited to be on the very first Golden Knight when it was formed. Instead he asked me, I said my father is dying and we need to go North to Ohio.

We left Fort Campbell, Ky that day and headed North to Ohio. We have been here since 1961.

:) Still are here, in Xenia Ohio where we will always be, but have set up a new skydiving center in Florida, that will operate 12 months out of the year and we will be there during the cold ass winters of Ohio.

FYI Jim West was recuitered for the very first Golden Knight Team in 1960, he asked me, I said it is your decision, but my father is dying in Ohio. I want to go home. North we went. Made a great life and a great skdiving c enter in Xenia, Ohio. And, guess what even at our age there is a new DZ in South Florida. Yep, time to go south in the winter, and still keep our great DZ open all year long in Xenia, Ohio

Jeannie we still support the military 100 percent, always have, and always will.

And do please visit us in at Skydive Greene County in Xenia, Ohio or in the winter at Skydive Southwest Florida in Labelle, Florida

Love ya
Would love to see you again :)

Skies blue always
SGC
since 1961

Oh no don't get me wrong, you and the "Boss" were ALWAYS supportive as were most of the people there. I never had anything but admiration for "The Boss" and his abilities. You put together a first class facility that taught a lot of us how to skydive and survive to advancing years;)

But there were some of the jumpers who were less than enthusiastic shall we say to have some of us from the base around. There was a distinct "chaste" system that made it difficult to get on "some" loads. It was a different time back then, and some people wanted nothing to do with anyone who was military especially during the last years of Vietnam and just after.

I remember you had a few affiliated DZ back then, some of us went down to Bardstown a few times.. to the Mardi Gras and jumped and camped out at a Greene County facility there in Louisiana and I think there was one down near Atlanta I never made it to.

But I would love to come back and visit sometime.

Please do come and visit us at anytime on Florida in the winter and yep, still Xenia at the same location in the winter.

Also we will be at Lake Wales Skyding Center in Lake Wales Florida during the winter.

Love all of our skydivers from our pastl

Skies blue :)
Jim and Lee

yep, tis true, but please read further! I said if I do not want to cook, then it is my choice to go out to dinner at SGC cost at my choice of place to go! My favorite "cheers" place. If we skydive at SGC on Sat all offers are off. Well, maybe not! Check with me at the end of the day.

Love ya all
SGC :)

YES!!! I won!

I do not have to cook or take the large amount of starving skydivers, that jumped all day at Skydive Greene County, out to dinner! OH! thank goodness!

The Otter flew non stop.

Thank you all!

PS remember our Xmas Party, either our 42nd or 43rd, to lazy to look up the actual number of years! Always the first Saturday in Dec.

PS:
Bring real food and your own drinks.

Skies blue
SGC

Yeah us! We did jump all day,and then we all got to eat anyway,thanx to soozie for the best surprise party,i have ever had. And to top it off,all my favorite people were there including my mom and sister. I should have gotten a picture of this 1ft tall ceramic skydiving clown that i got from soozie too.
What an excellent day.Then i got drunk!
Oh yeah! I only jumped 1 time but had one of the greatest tandem videos to date. Shot of the day at least.
I just wanna say thanx to soozie for making it "The best time of my life"
Then i got a great rendition of marylin monroes' "happy birthday" by an anonymys,greene county favorite.
Thanx everyone! lymi :$

Watch out where the huskies go,and don't you eat that yellow snow!~ZAPPA