Conundrum

ATTN: Seattle jumpers

LOL.. in winter..BWAHAHAHAHA

Sure you can jump lots....just have to do it from low altitude...how do you feel about hop and pops from 2500':)
Summer time is a different story.. I am closing in on 180 jumps this year so far.. since March 16 but the last month is definitely been SLOW. I could have had two or three times that number... especially if Tyson had his way.. but I HATE HOP AND POPS......now after I get my new Samurai... well I MAY do some hop and pops:)

:D LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have been pelted with rainfall so far, haven't we?
I'm sick of it! At least when the sun does come out, it is beautiful!!

Jan

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

The route I take home has been closed twice so far by the Snoqualamie River overflowing its banks. I have to deal with a commute with detours...oh.. a quick drive just south on Hwy 203 is Snoqualamie Falls which is ROARING in the flood... not in this picture.. but you get the idea.

Remember the show Twin Peaks?

Did you pick a place to jump in the Seattle area yet?

Not sure what the weather is going to be yet, but I'll be at the DZ hopefully getting my new (used) gear!

Case of Beer was the decision on jumping a new to me, yet used rig the first time....

Oh well, Like i wouldn't be drinking anyway!
God Bless the beer light!!!

Well we did get in a few planeloads Sat at Snohomish. Jumping in snow is kinda strange... as it flies up at you like the stars in the screensaver;)

You could almost fixate on it like driving down the freeway as it heads towards your windshield... but these you can feel on your face... the Mountains SURE are PURTY with all the fresh snow though.B|

HEy not to jump your thread but I am probably going to be moving up to FT. Lewis in Feb and wondered what are the close drop zones around it

I would say most of the Ft Lewis Crowd jumps at Kapowsin since it is the closest DZ to the Base. Kapowsin is the only consistently TURBINE DZ in the area...Some drive an hour south and jump at Toledo WA. Toldedo has a Beech 18 and C-182. Some drive over to Blue Skies by Bremerton... just about 5 miles south of the Navy base there. They are also a C-182 DZ. The next closest DZ is up at Snohomish, north of Seattle just off US Hwy 2, Turbine in the summer but C-182 for the dreary rain soaked perma-drizzle skies of the Pacific NorthWET this winter. Each DZ has thier positives... and thier negatives. Each has its own kinda vibe.. so I suggest stopping by ALL of them...variety is the spice of life. But I have to add. unless you LOVE hop and pops..... getting on a military transport to ANYWHERE that sun is shining that has a DZ... just kicks ass compared to this soggy existence in the gray cold skies of WA in the winter...... am I being depressing enough here:P

This time of year.... YEAH....

FIELD TRIPS.....Eloy at the end of DEC... and I am thinking Mardi Gras Boogie at the end of Feb....

And definitely something in Perris oh somewhere in there...... and maybe a trip over to the COLD side of the state where its at least dry and cold... real quick if these clouds dont get the hell out of my sky>:(

if these clouds dont get the hell out of my sky>:(

You tell 'em Jeanne...maybe we can do some kind of native american sun dance or something...

Don't bother. I've seen it, it works, but it takes like 6 months to kick in.

Maybe we can ask the FAA for a waiver to the clouds rule...

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.