Conundrum

ATTN: Seattle jumpers

uh.. you have not seen one of the HEAVIES going for a landing at Paine Field-Boeing... go right over the DZ at 9k yet have you:$

Uh, actually now that you remind me, yeah. Dodging the dorks in Bonanzas is one thing; dodging those airliners (and the odd military transport) is something else. Way more square footage to whack. Or just my luck, I'd get sucked into a jet engine and my epitaph would say "Birdstrike - but not like you think."

Can't ATC do something for us? Get us some squawk codes and clear the area of traffic? They could even spot for us. ;)

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

Just be glad I did NOT show up anywhere near the DZ this weekend. I have been sicker than you can imagine since Wed afternoon. The flu shot I got 3 weeks ago was the wrong juju for this particular bug and its a nasty beastie. 101.5 temp on Sat bad ass headaches....nothing in the way of food stays with me for long.. SUPER bad coughing so much that I am living off of cough syrup and Ricola and water. To top it off every muscle in my body is sore and I feel so weak its just amazing me. One good thing.. its just kickin ass on my quest to not qualify for ANVIL loads. Weight loss so far is 8 pounds in 4 days.. over the Thanksgiving weekend no less and that is with maintaining hydration... almost in excess so that I do not become dehydrated.

As far as spotting goes... I prefer to do that for me.. then I KNOW that when I am jumping at the East Field landing zone I won't be actually landing at the airport as I have done 2 times now on some questionable spots. I am not a big fan of landing out... at Snohomish.. I really hate the long spots to the north past the river...like over Lake PEE PEE POO POO or over the BIG electric distribution station.. Imagine a cutaway over there. One of the reasons we cant fly to the east is we are supposed to be avoiding the 010 degree radial or some such that ATC controls even more heavily for the heavy traffic. You may want to talk with a couple of the pilots about that for a more definitive answer but I have seen way too many airplanes flying thru that airspace such that I always check below me... just an old habit.. but one I can live with. I have only seen aircraft below me a couple times in my life when I was in freefall and it is NOT a good feeling.

Oh Jeanne! :( Darn bug!! My tonsilitis came back but it's going away again, but nothing like the yuck you're going through. Feel better!! Lotsa {hhhhhuuuuugggggsss} to be back at SDS soon! Geez girl, you're taking this weight loss thing just wayyyy too serious he hee...8 pounds in 4 days...eeesh....nice to be down, but lordy I wouldn't go through the crud to lose it if I had a choice!!
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Hey, Jeanne, get better! I don't think I've had the flu, but Tuesday I came down with a MEAN Sinus 'thing'. I actually was running a temp a few nights, with serious sinus congestion, and cough that makes you think you're going to cough up a lung! I hate being sick:( It has to be our 'sucky' weather!

Jan

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.