gmanpilot

An Email from a Captain in Iraq

before I became bored had GWB stating the economy would improve and the number of people unemployed would decrease. Seems thats happening.

You still haven't backed up your statement that "GWB lied to Congress". You framed this statement in the same context and alluded to an equal severity as lying under oath in a Court of Law.

Had you said "all Politicians lie", you'd get no arguement from me but you are taking it to a more serious level by insinuating GWB broke a law.

Well, neither you nor I nor Quade were there, so it's all hearsay, but there have been many reports that GWB was told ahead of time that the statement about the attempted Iraqi purchase of uranium had no evcidence to back it up, but he went ahead and used it in the State of the Union address anyway.

The difference is neither you nor I are alleging GWB broke the law by "lying to Congress" and Quade appears to be as evidenced by the point in the thread he made his "challenge". It becomes evident if you go back and read the thread up to the point the statement was made.
I think this is a pretty serious allegation.

Well, we know for sure that Ike, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Reagan, Bush1 and Clinton lied either to Congress or the the American People, so it seems par for the course. Power corrupts.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

In Texas I voted against GW for Governor and then watched his policies rape that state. Followed by Mr. Good Hair Rick Perry.

I propose that in all political threads we must state our political affiliation. I think it'll help weed out the biased and non-biased statements.

BTW I'm libertarian.

AWWW you guys don't want to play along? you guys suckB|
www.FourWheelerHB.com

In Texas I voted against GW for Governor and then watched his policies rape that state. Followed by Mr. Good Hair Rick Perry.

I propose that in all political threads we must state our political affiliation. I think it'll help weed out the biased and non-biased statements.

BTW I'm libertarian.

OK, so I am left of center and tend to vote Democrat. WTF does that have to do with weeding out bias? We are all biased, including you. Opinions are based on our biases.

"Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at evening."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes

sure we are biased..but as you can see i stepped up with no fear for what people think of my political opinions. why so defensive anyways?

that statement would certainly mean something different for me if you weren't a leftist. thats wtf.
www.FourWheelerHB.com

If you have this big of a problem with Bush visiting troops in Iraq, how did Clinton make you feel when he cheated on his wife with someone his daughter's age in the oval office?

Clinton was personally morally bankrupt but, at least publically, his pollicies were intended to help the country and the world.

Which is worse? screwing an intern or screwing the country?

BTW personally I believe anyone who wants the job of president is automatically unqualfied.

"Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at evening."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes

sure we are biased..but as you can see i stepped up with no fear for what people think of my political opinions. why so defensive anyways?

that statement would certainly mean something different for me if you weren't a leftist. thats wtf.

What defensive? Your first post on this thread states you are a Libertarian, and I responded with my "political status." Left of center and leftist are, I think somewhat different. There are many libertarian points I think have merit and if I have no opinion on a particular office and a Libertarian is running I vote for them just to scare the entrenched parties.

My statement about GWB and Perry are completely consistent with my opinions. They are not good people to be running anything more complicated than a lemonade stand. Now I could get behind a ticket consisting of Barbara and Laura Bush. The only thing I hold against them is the men they married.

---
Fixed a typo.
---

-- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Ok, you don't like the lies he told to Congress in the State of the Union Address . . . how about this one.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2003/03/20030319-1.html

March 18, 2003

Dear Mr. Speaker: (Dear Mr. President:)

Consistent with section 3(b) of the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002 (Public Law 107-243), and based on information available to me, including that in the enclosed document, I determine that:

(1) reliance by the United States on further diplomatic and other peaceful means alone will neither (A) adequately protect the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq nor (B) likely lead to enforcement of all relevant United Nations Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq; and

(2) acting pursuant to the Constitution and Public Law 107-243 is consistent with the United States and other countries continuing to take the necessary actions against international terrorists and terrorist organizations, including those nations, organizations, or persons who planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001.

Sincerely,

GEORGE W. BUSH

Later, President G.W. Bush admitted that Iraq had nothing to do with the events of September 11, 2001.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

and based on information available to me, including that in the enclosed document, I determine that:

At the very most, he is saying he had intelligence Iraq had at least supported Al Qeada. I think there is more evidence emerging which supports some type of a connection. Even if you choose not to believe a connection exists, you have to at least allow that our intelligence community was severly hampered in their ability to infiltrate terrorist groups. (Robert Torrecelli) It is possible GWB was acting on faulty information. That doesn't make him a liar in my book.
I'm sure it would be easy to look back on anyones posts on these forums, as an example, and find discreprencies on statements they made and what the truth later turned out to be. I even seem to remember quite a few comments about how tax cuts were going to devastate our economy and cause unemployment to rise. Obviously that hasn't turned out to be true. I don't call those people liars....just wrong. I also gain more respect for people who admit when they're wrong as GWB did in this case.
To outright call GWB a "LIAR" based on this document is just plain wrong Quade. I think you know it too.

It is possible GWB was acting on faulty information.

It is POSSIBLE that a quantum fluctuation will create a black hole in the vicinity of the White House, and swallow up the Earth and all it's inhabitants. But I don't consider it likely. Nor do I consider it likely that GWB was being honest with Congress and the American people.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.