lawrocket

Congressman convicted of manslaughter

I just heard that a jury convicted Rep. Bill Janklow of manslaughter Monday. A few months ago, he killed a motorcyclist. The congressman claimed that he was disoriented by a diabetic reaction, which caused him to collide and kill the guy.

I think it's nice to see that our elected officials can be held accountable.

It makes me wonder what would have become of the death of Mary Jo Kopechne in this day and age. Would Ted Kennedy have faced a similar fate???

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Filthy kennedy money bought that fat sorry worthless piece of shit, kennedy's, way out of killing Mary Jo Kopechne and sadly this one will get away with it too! these worthless bastards that comprise the government are above the law, according to them, they have manipulated the legal system to a point that they can get away with anything, murder included, making the system double standard at best, but basicaly, completely ineffective! Nice to se that elected officals will be held accountable.. uh no..it will be just like it is and has always been.. no elected offical will be held accountable, they will weasel their way out it, like they always have! >:(
--------
To put your life in danger from time to time ... breeds a saneness in dealing with day-to-day trivialities.

--Nevil Shute, Slide Rule

I just heard that a jury convicted Rep. Bill Janklow of manslaughter Monday. A few months ago, he killed a motorcyclist. The congressman claimed that he was disoriented by a diabetic reaction, which caused him to collide and kill the guy.

It makes me wonder what would have become of the death of Mary Jo Kopechne in this day and age. Would Ted Kennedy have faced a similar fate???

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than any of my guns.
What a POS. He has become a caricature of himself.
I truly believe he is a loony and has lost touch with reality.

"But tell me, how do you really feel about politicians, money and the justice system???"

;) :D ;)
--------
To put your life in danger from time to time ... breeds a saneness in dealing with day-to-day trivialities.

--Nevil Shute, Slide Rule

So this guy repeatedly violated the law and had a habit of running right through stops.

He shouldda been tried for murder, not manslaughter.

People who speed etc should think about these episodes. One thing to endanger oneself, another to endanger others...

Santa Von GrossenArsch
I only come in one flavour
ohwaitthatcanbemisunderst

I agree. Nobody should be above the law.

Having that much money can get you out of a lot of trouble. It's not right, but it's a fact of life.

never pull low......unless you are

>Having that much money can get you out of a lot of trouble. It's not
>right, but it's a fact of life.

Yep. A criminal laywer recently said the same of Rush Limbaugh - basically that he was rich enough so that he shouldn't be held liable for criminal acts. I mean, I know it's common, but it's odd to hear an attorney come out and say it.

As a motrcyclist, I am very happy about this, Janklow had numerous tickets for speeding/etc. He killed an innocent person. He needs to pay.

I will not commet further.

The only time you should look down on someone is when you are offering them your hand.

The B.S. about diabetes being the cause of the collision really pissed me off. I would have had more sympathy and respect for him if he had just admitted he was speeding and that he ran the stop sign because he was in a hurry to get somewhere.

This hits home especially hard with those of us who ride motorcycles. We are constantly being cut-off and not seen by cagers. I hope they give him some jail time and revoke his license to drive for a very long time.

We all know 98% of lawyers make the other 2% look bad. :P That means the other 2% must be out there somewhere.

I have a friend in the 2% bracket. He is now retired and to make pocket change he gives rides in his Stearman biplane. However, he spent his career in a small town helping people write their wills and buy their homes and that kind of stuff. He spent a couple of years as a prosecutor but didn't like it.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than any of my guns.

I thought only SUVs killed people since they are inherently evil :S. The 'car' was just the tool that Ted used to kill.

Car's don't kill people, people and SUVs kill people.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

[reply}

Well, with the Kennedy's a rich as they are, think O.J. Simpson, and you have your answer.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

No Bill, the criminal lawyer stated that Limbaugh's wealth pretty much in itself precluded logical suspicion of him being a drug dealer. You read what you wanted into that quote out of your own dislike for the man's politics.

Janklow should do prison time. Unfortunately if he does the legal system will be slapping the Kopechne family right in the face. I want that slap to happen, but abhor the necessity of it - Kennedy should still be in jail.
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!