lawrocket

The Flu

Haven't gotten it.. **knock on wood**

My roommate and her bf had it and I felt a little bit of a sore throat about a week later. So, I went out and bought some lysol and some Vitamin C. I take my one-a-day vitamins and a vitamin c pill every day... hopefully this, and my very healthy diet (well, healthy in that I eat a lot) will ward off the flu!

Angela.

My son got the flu and ended up in the hospital for two days with pneumonia. I think part of why he got so sick is because he had been pulling all nighters cramming for finals, living on sodas and junk food. He doesn't live at home so mom isn't able to monitor his eating/sleeping habits. He got out of the hospital today and is recouperating at home where I can keep an eye on him and make sure he does what he's supposed to do get well.

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller

This all sounds horrible! I haven't been sick in many years.. And don't plan on being sick for many more..

CNN said that the current vaccination isn't completely effective on the "new" flu that is going around but is still better than no shot at all.

Do we need body wagons for the dead yet?

I travel the land, Work in the ocean, Play in the sky

I can't get the shot because of egg allergies but if you go to the doctor you can get a prescription that will shorten the duration. High fever, aches all over, wanna crawl in bed and die? The flu...
Your character will ultimately determine your destiny.

I got my shot 3 weeks before I got the $#$#$@#@#$@#$ FLU

I was basically sick as a dog for 2 weeks with the FLU then some non-specific throat thing like strep/bronchitis that wasn't ... but I would wake up coughing so hard I could hardly breathe... and my heart was racing... high fever 102 degrees lots of SORE body.. lethargic.. tired light sensitive... all the classic flu symptoms

Lots of fluids.. so I stayed hydrated.. lots of fruit.... and warm/hot salt water gargle seemed to help... MUCHO Cough drops consumed... and nothing they gave me from the pharmacy did SQUAT.

If you get it.. relax... stay home so you do not pass it on.... and sleep get rest.. it will be the only way to kick it... cause its a bad juju strain.

Ever wonder where these things are coming from... like what escaped from a bio-weapons lab>:(

If i were IN the military I wouldn' have a choice. But given one, i'll gladly pass up the flu shots cuz they are a scam.

Yup, total scam. They're actually inserting small tracking devices into us without our knowledge and they have this great big screen where they watch our every movement. Sneaky bastards are always trying to get one into me. I had to cut one of my teeth out the other day cause my dentist put something similar in it and said it was a filling. Man that hurt.

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

I had the flu last week. Started out feeling vaguely icky and knew it would be turning into something. Turned out to be the flu. Spent the first day trying to sleep but even drugged I didn't sleep more than 2 hours at a time.

Between Nyquil shots every joint in my body ached and I had a headache as bad as any mirgraine plus some of the normal cold symptoms. Some point during the first day I woke up covered in sweat, must have been a really high fever. The second day I went to the doc. Temp at that time was 101. They gave a miracle anti-viral drug that only works if started in the first 48 hrs of the flu. According to the Doc, "it forces the flu to revert back to merely being a cold." Cool.:)
First pill on the prescrpition did the trick. No more fever, no more pain. Just a slightly runny nose and the occassional coughing/hacking up of phlegm.

2 days before I got the flu I got a hair cut. The hairstylist's first question: "Got the flu shot this year?" Me: "nope. I don't think I need it."

First thing the Doc asked me:" Gonna get the flu shot next year?" me: "Yep! "

Ken
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken

back in Sept, I was sick for a few days with flu like symptoms. Now I'm the only one at work who hasn't gotten the yuckiness that is going around. I'm hoping that mild version I had last fall is keeping my healthy when this really bad one is going on now.
Fly it like you stole it!

Buddy of mine has it right now.. said it's just about to kill him. Said it's the worst flu he's ever had! Said he'd feel better if her was dead!
--------
To put your life in danger from time to time ... breeds a saneness in dealing with day-to-day trivialities.

--Nevil Shute, Slide Rule

*bump*

Just talked to my Mom, she is feeling like she's getting the flu. My Mom is pretty healthy, but extremely stubborn when it comes to stuff like this.
Any suggestions as to what I can offer her in the way of medications and such? I can tell you right now she wont go see a Dr., and I'd like to know whats working best as far as over the counter meds.

thanks

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

This is gonna just sound horrible, but if you wanna stay healthy, stop or slow down on drugs and alcohol.

They kill the immune system. I never get sick because I rarely drink in the winter months when we are all holed up in the house. And my kids in daycare...yowsers.

The flu shot has been good for every year except this one. (Mom's a microbiologist, and comming from her). They didn't get the right strand in this years vaccination, so GOOD LUCK!

I don't think what I had/have was the flu. It started out with sinus congestion, then chills and a temperature. The temperature went away but I was left with awful sinus congestion and of course the cough that goes along with sinus congestion. At times I thought I would 'cough up a lung' but that got a little better. I finally went to the Doctor, so now I'm on antibiotics and am finally getting better....I hope. This has been since Thanksgiving!!!! I'm just tired of feeling 'yucky':(.

I had my flu shot:S.

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

I had it last weekend and it flat kicked my ass for about 3 days. Came down with it Thursday. Got up about 11am and felt a little achy but nothing too serious. By the time I got off of work at 11pm I was running 103 temp and wasn't sure I could drive home. I made it home ok (still not sure how) and took some cough medicine (had developed a cough during the day). Basically didn't feel like getting out of bed Fri. Went to the Dr. fri afternoon, still running 103 and my BP was pretty low. Really achy, and basically just didn't want to move. I was down till Sunday afternoon. Didn't eat or anyting until then. Monday morning I was back to work. It left almost as fast as it came on. But I lost 10 lbs in those 3 days. The Dr prescribed some anti-viral medicine (not sure what it was and I can't find the empty bottle) that seemed to do the trick. My advice is if you think you have it go see a Dr right away.
------------------------------------------------
I've done so much, with so little, for so long
I'm now expected to do everything with nothing forever