cvfd1399

Ever been sprayed with mace?

I haven't, but this is related.

we were eating at Dixie's BBQ in Bellevue, WA. They're famous for a sauce called "the man" which has evolved to the point where (we think) it's just some shit bbq sauce with habanero seeds in it for show and the active ingredient is "purecap" (clicky). No flavor, just pain. Anyway, we were eating there inside when a couple people start coughing. Then a couple more start coughing and the first ones start rubbing their eyes and shifting around in their seats and coughing more. Then a few MORE people start coughing, and it's like it's spreading from the corner of the room near the door. Then I notice I feel a slight constriction in my throat.

I tell my 3 tablemates calmly but sternly that something is wrong and we should all exit the room immediately. I explain myself just outside that I didn't know what was going on but I sensed a weird pattern - a wave of people starting to cough, like a chemical attack. Then we hear "Gene" shouting up a storm; turns out he turned the stove in back on "High" with a pot of "The Man" (the sauce) sitting on it.

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

When I was in the Marines we got to spend a lovely amount of time in a gas chamber without a mask on. Oh yeah that was fun. CS tablets disolving in a sealed room and you get to run in place so that you can get a wonderful 500 lungs full of this stuff. They used 17 tablets on us and there were only labout twenty of us in the room. I think one would have done the job.

On the bright side, I got rid of the cold I had at the time. :S

On a funnier note. I used to carry one of those CS spray cans on my keys and hang it from my belt. One day I climbed into the car and somehow fired that thig off and it was amined . . . you guessed it . . . right at my own face. I got hit with half the can before I realized I was doing it to myself.

I was rolling around the parking lot floor screaming my freaking head off. Got settled down and drove home with my head out the window.

I had no intention of telling anyone but my bests friends mom was at the Winn-Dixie where I was and saw the last couple of seconds of me screaming and rolling and she said I drove off before she could get to me.

That required an explantion to which I have never lived the embarrassment of gasing myself down.[:/]

But hey, if you can't laugh at yourself who can you laugh at.

I havent been hit directly, but I was in a pool hall once and these kids were playing around with some c(prob cheapo) keychain type pepper spray... I was about 5 feet away and it was making my throat get all dry and my face a little tingly..I cant imagine what it feels like getting hit square between the eyes. on the other hand I have been shocked with a tazer...(once again more of a cheapo...but dont get me wrong it still hurt like hell)
my buddy has one that runs on a 9 volt, but when you have a fresh battery in there it makes some great cracking noises when triggered... we used to get drunk and see who would take it more... it would definately make you go to the ground, but within a few seconds (10 or so) we were able to get back up and go for it again:):D

I've been NBC officer a couple of times (though I knew very little about it - the NCO's were squared away and I left them alone). My last NBC NCO was the shit.

He decided that there wasn't enough CS for the last time we'd trained. Most in my REMF unit were, in fact, laughing about how thin it was before.

He put enough in there so that you could kinda see the smoke. Lured those troops into false security. It was thicker than I thought. But, I knew it burned. I tried it and the snot, it poured!

He decided to do something else, though. In the other room, where the seal check is done, he laid on the camphor rather thick, as well. It burned, too. Then, young Calahan (Dirty Fucking Harry, as he was called) decided to test people by letting them take nice deep breaths in the camphor room. Why? Because "it opens those sinuses and lungs real good." I knew I liked him!;)

Well, it worked. They went from the camphor room to the CS chamver. That was the worst damned CS chamber ever. I hadn't taken into consideration that I had to go through it, as well. Callahan was the only one who didn't. I can't see how it could be worse than that.

I know it can.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Pepper spray, indirectly when a police officer decided it would be funny to spray a dog that was tied up and hassling people that got too close to the truck he (the dog) was guarding...instead of just leaving the dog be and warning people to stay away from the truck. The blast went up in a cloud and right into my face. Took me about 30 minutes to recover from that indirect contact. Interesting side note, the company that managed that land complained and that officer was not seen in that area again.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

While bartending in Daytona during one spring break, we had a big party that the dj's Ron & Ron hosted. Something like 15,000 attended. Anyway, a big fight broke out in front of my bar and I hopped over to help break it up. I was holding this one guy down who just didn't want to stop fighting when this female officer grabs me by my ponytail (back in the long hair days), spins me around and sprays me for about 5 secs right in the face. I was breathing heavy from struggling with the big drunk dude and it felt like I inhaled every bit of the pepper gas. I remember saying to the cop "You bitch, didn't you see the 5 inch letters across the back of my shirt that said STAFF / 701 South?" and then repeating "stupid biotch" over and over. Finally my manager came over and dragged me away. I could barely breath and couldn't see anything. I could tell that I was being led to the liquor room and when we got there the boss said "drink this" and handed me a beer. Then he handed me a shot to drink. After repeating steps 1 & 2 about 4 times my throat was still on fire from the gas and I still couldn't see anything but I was feelin' pretty good from the drinks. Then these 2 rookie cops came to talk to me. They were laughin' about how I kept yellin' obscenities at the female officer and then they wanted to know how bad the gas felt. They said that the PD had just been issued that style the day before and I was the first one they had used it on.

Later that night when I counted my tips and realized I made $550, we all started laughing and jokin' about it. When I got home and showered and my face felt like it was on fire again I started cussing out the cop again. My room mates were out in the living room dying from laughter and I bet I woke up all the neighbors.

Problems just be opportunities in der workin' clothes.

Anyone else ever had the chance to experience it?

Yes, OC and CS. CS too many times to count and OC for a two second blast then a weapons retention drill. All of it sucks. OC was worse IMO.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do." Ben Franklin

yeah, i had the same training you did in the MP corps. the OC (pepper spray) was like a resin, not a liquid. i had this orange tint to my skin for about two days. the amazing thing about it was that after we got sprayed, we were immediately led to a soapy water trash can and then a clean water trash can and my eyes still burned for about six hours.B|
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

OC-first as part of training when issued, then several times since after spraying a suspect and getting a bit back from wind and or "crossfire".....and big word of advice.......after using it and wrestling a suspect into cuffs....it's all over your hands......wash your hands well before you take a piss........

Mmm.

Memories. In the military, basic training. Run into the surf in full gear, then through some buildings filled with CS, followed by a 2.4km (About 1.5 miles) run in under 10 min.

Wow.

Salt water and CS. Eyes are fine. They wash themselves out, but after that run, we were all standing, legs apart, leaning forward, arms out... in pain.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

Yup. Maced myself :$. I had a can of it on my keychain, somehow got it stuck in the steering wheel while backing out of the driveway, somehow managed to have the entire can spray on my face/neck/chest. After it sprayed on me, I had no idea what was going on, all I knew was that I couldn't breatheand I had my oil changed about a few days before. In between chocking and dry heaving in my driveway, I called my mechanic and yelled at him about the "mystery pink fluid shooting out of my steering wheel":S. He politely called me crazy. It was at about that point that I realized my face and throat felt like they were on fire. Ran inside, had these welt things all over my face, my neighbor called 911 cause we thought I was getting chemical burns. A cop got there before the ambulance, and he went over to my car to see if he could make it "leak" again (I should add that I was not being very pleasant towards him). He reconized the smell instantly, and seemed to take a lot of pleasure in walking back over to me and informing that, "I think you maced yourself mam" B|
He was kind enough to cancel the ambulance, but announced over his little radio what a jackass I am.
:D

(edited for horrible grammar-I know its still bad)

reminds me of video i saw before the sgc christmas party. i forget the dudes name but he let his brother spray it on his eyes for $30 bucks! he said the same as you, it hurt like none other!

That would be one of the Hammond boys. I'll let him remain name less.
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Ahhh! :D
No, I think when I saw the marines mentioned, I figured it was an intentional thing and didn't really finish reading it :$
That's great though...I was actually warned when it was given to me, to be very careful about spraying it in the wrong direction, or whatever...Of course, I knew I would never do something that stupid :S:D