Vallerina

How to get more girls at a dropzone

Hmm isn't it like this anywhere you go? You have some guys who are nice and considerate toward women. You have some who are creepy. Some who think they are studs. Some who are studs (not me[:/]). Some who are dorks. and some who are nice dorks (me;))

I guess that because the women are so outnumbered in this sport however, you notice the creepy perverts more easily.

But hey there are many of us who are just there to jumpB|.

Hmm isn't it like this anywhere you go?

No, not at work. I've even hung out with people from work in a non-work environment, and they still don't tell me what they'd like to see me do with my body! It's amazing...men being civil....and, my field has mostly men! I don't think it has anything to do with it being mostly men. Sure, harassment laws prevent men from saying what they would say at a dz, but harassment laws are there for a reason....so that a safe, comfortable work environment is created. Plus, harassment laws don't apply to social activities outside of work, and coworkers are still respectful to one another.

So, either treat ladies like your sister should be treated, or don't do it if you think it could get you in trouble at work (actually, I find this to be true only with those who are dz staff.)
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Valerie,

To clarify I think you may have gotten the wrong idea about my post. You are right. I agree that women should be treated like women and not like slabs of meat. Repsect, dignity, kindness. These things should be in our minds as men when we deal with women.

All I meant was that DZ's are not really that different from other large group social settings, are they? Maybe because I have only got 31 jumps and have not really partied at any DZ's I am not qualified to say anything.

From your post however I got the sense that you thought I was saying "It is like that everywhere so get used to it."[:/]

I certainly did not mean that if it came across that way.

Then again I could be reading into your post.

Oh no . . . is that my guilty conscience speaking? AAAAAAHH:S

Sorry if I came across too harsh!

All I meant was that DZ's are not really that different from other large group social settings, are they?

In some ways, yes, and in some ways, no. Skydivers are not special. They are no greater than any other people in the world. There are jerks, there are nice people, there are dumb people, there are smart people. Yeah...it is pretty much like every other group in that aspect.

The dz scene is a bit different than most social scenes since many skydivers have such strong bonds (ie, that's why they call each other family...that's why they give everything up to live on a dz.) But, I've seen the same bonds amongst frat brothers. Also similar to frat brothers, some people get an odd "strength" from this bond, and they think they can do whatever they want. It's their scene. It's their escape. It's their utopia. Some really monopolize on it, and they take advantage of what they can get away with.

Snowbird really hit the nail on the head of the problems that that kind of environment can cause. Girls do get scared away. I guess what I find the worst about this is that it's often times staff of the dz making such comments. A dzo can't censor people, per se, but they can frown upon those who make disgusting comments and attempt to create a more comfortable environment. I'm not trying to change dzs everywhere, I just want men to be a little more aware of what little remarks can do.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

I'm justtrying to come up with a solution....

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the ass grabbing boobie googling ass watching problem.:P

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to grab my wife's ass, google at her boobies and watch her but.B|;)
Remster

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to grab my wife's ass, google at her boobies and watch her but.B|;)

Ahh...how refreshing to have a husband grab and google his wife...ATTENTION! HUSBANDS!! Are you getting this?? This is a GOOD thing! Makes the lil' woman feel that she is still wanted...:)
...my hubby isn't on DZ.com, but fortunately for me he's very adept at wife-ogling and such! ;):P
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

watch her but . . . what?

but what what? Why would you leave a participle dangling? You left us on the edge.

Wait . . . is but a participle?

who cares . . . I wanna know but what? Man. Always leaving people hanging skydivers are.

If any wives out there are feeling neglected, I'm happy to help. As long as your husband is smaller than me and doesn't own an firearms.

...count on Kev to chime in with a comment to prove the dog that he is...:P:)

Kiddin', I know it was a joke...it was a joke, right, Kev?! :):o:D
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Treat us like people. Not play things. You might like the way I look and be sexually attracted to me. But, stop acting like a jackass around me or to me. You get my attention. But not in the way you wish. If I think your a dumb ass or an asshole in the wrong way (You girls know what I mean about a guy being the right kind of asshole). It makes me not want to come back or bring more friends with me so I can have a bigger comfort zone. If I want to sleep with a guy. I will use my girly charm to let him know. The charm is more then flirting. Sometimes flirting means. Get away. Someting it means stay. BUT TRUE flirting in my book never ment. Bend me over the bar.

treat us like women. Like people.
Be kind. And do not croud us. Let us be there for the same fun you are. Not what you wish you are there for.
Wine Me, Dine Me, 69 Me
Then spank me like a bad puppy dog.
Ms_Kitty