fudd

::::I WANT A CIGARETTE NOW::::

Clint has got a good point. We ladies don't want to see our skydivers dying young on us now. That might be a good reward for any of you unattached men. Anyone who is willing to quit for a quick kiss from their favorite skygirl should post there pick of ladies on this thread. With any luck, she just might agree, and you will end up smoke-free! ::grin::
~~~~
Rachel
~~~~~~~~~~~
-Converting the world one whuffo at a time.

While I have no advice (never picked up the habit) but I am sending all the vibes I can brotha'.

I feel sorry for all your Nanbudo workout partners. On second thought perhaps working out (AKA kicking the @#%& out of someone) will take your mind off of it for a while. ;)

-------
D.T. Holder
SIMstudy

I feel for you, fudd.

Every other thought of mine atm seems to include 'could do with a smoke', or 'need smoke!'. It's driving me mad. I threw away the cigs.. damnit! This is gonna be a LONG few days :|

to ANYONE who's trying to give up right now. It'll be worth it :)

'buttplugs? where?' - geno

Clint has got a good point.

[scoobydoo]Awwrraarrrwwa[/scoobydoo]
Cool

See, but that's not as easy as you think - ALL of you Skychicks are my favorite.:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

quite cold turkey 2 1/2 years ago...i wanted an ATV so bad...(really cause i wanted the blade to push snow with cause my ass didn't want to shovel it any longer) and it was an inspiration to stop..Never have lighted up again...had the urges pretty strong for about the first 5 or 6 weeks...now I don't know why I ever started in the first place. NASTY HABIT...big vibes and good luck...
So, you bring your beer?

Its 5 o'clock somewhere
POPS #9344

Dude, hard as it may be, SKIP THE BEER for the first couple days. That's the easiest way to blow it, you associate the alcohol high and the nicotine high too closely. I quit four years ago, after smoking for 20 years, and I stayed dry for the first two weeks, made it way easier. Hang in there!
Doctor I ain't gonna die,
Just write me an alibi! ---- Lemmy/Slash

Y aknow, I quit smoking September of 99. I was completely smoke free until this damn year. My best friend smokes and one day I asked him for a smoke. Cuz I thought I haven't smoked in almost four years and I can have just one. One month later I asked for another. Now I smoke five six a day and buy him two packs a week. I only smoke around him and at the DZ with other smokers. This keeps up I will be back at my 2 pack a day camel non-filters by next Christmas.

The only thing that is keeping me from buying my own at home is I refuse to smoke in the house (my wife would cut off my sack) and if I were to actually start smoking again she would cut off my sack. (Of course I nkow that I have actually done that but see by smoking my friends and buying him a couple of packs each week I can lie to myself and pretend that I am still not smking.)

I think I need therapy:S:D

Throwing it away is such a waste though.. it's still almost full.. bleh. Perhaps you're right.

I quit cold turkey from almost 2 packs a day, 6 months and 3 days ago.

I quit with a pack that had 3 smoke out of it, and 6 or 7 packs still in the carton. What's more important? Your health, or that little bit of cigarette company investments?

the money's already spent, so there's nothig you can do about that, but you CAN tell yourself it's time to stop killing yourself.

You can do it. You can ALL do it, so JUST DO IT!
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

HELL YES!!!

KEEP GOING!

I just had my Third New Years out of the last twenty where I didn't have to say "This year I'm going to quit smoking"

CUZ I QUIT FRICKIN 3 YEARS AGO!

YOU'LL BE SO SO GLAD WHEN YOU GET THIS BIG FAT UGLY MONKEY OFFA YOUR BACK!

<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Dont stop believin, the monkey will bail, it'll just take a bit.

Peace,

jjf
It's a gas, gas, gas...

I made it through one night out, drinking a lot of beer. I'm stubborn so I wont give in. Not even drunk. Its so not worth it going through this again. I think that this time I'll quit for good.

On day 3 now. Feeling its getting a little easier. :)A little hangover is actually good. Takes my mind of cigarettes. Right now I actually don't want one.

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Hang in there buddy!! I passed 20 years last May....quitting is worth it in every respect.

Hang in there!
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Yeah, I was paying nearly £4.90 a pack ($8.80 USD) for 1-2 packs a day. Good reason to quit if any!

Today has been so much easier. I woke up without a tight chest, and tons more energy than usual. Suprised it's had any effect so quick. Occasional pang for wanting one, but so far I've managed to ignore it. Bought myself a new climbing harness as a present :D

Good luck to anyone else, and hang in there!

DeNReN -- think how many jump tickets you could get a week on that! And think how many more years it'll leave you on your life if you give up!

Nick.

'buttplugs? where?' - geno

It's so good to get all the good luck and good vibes from all the dz.commers :)
Good viebes to everybody. I'm going to bed as a non-smoker now... looking forward to day 4 B|

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.