Ron

New Jump plane.

Press Release Rueters:

New Skydiving Aircraft Being Tested

Bob Smith an avid pilot and one time sky diver began designing a new jump aircraft after hearing of jumpers complaining about how long it takes to get to altitude. An experimental aircraft has been designed, and testing begins this weekend.

"Up until now jumpers had to deal with long waits in sky diving aircraft before they could jump" Smith said.

The most common jump aircraft is a Cessna 182. It can take up to 30 minutes to reach 10,000 feet. The most popular aircraft for jumping is a Twin Otter. A Twin Otter aircraft can take 20 jumpers to 13,000 feet in about 15 minutes. "Still better than the Cessna, but not fast enough, and hell its made in Canada for Christ sake!!!"

Smith began work on his experimental aircraft late last night after drinking with one of his jump buddies. "Mike looked at me and started to bitch about the long rides in Mike Mullins King Air. 7 minutes to 14,000 feet was just way to long."

Mike Noitawl is considered to be an "Expert" skydiver by himself and by others with less jumps than him. Mike is a veteran of 98 jumps, and has been jumping for almost one whole year!

This new Aircraft will be able to carry only one jumper, but it will get to 15,000 feet in around 4 minutes.

"I plan on jumping it for my 100th jump" Nowitawl said. "It's gonna be sweet!"
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

This new Aircraft will be able to carry only one jumper, but it will get to 15,000 feet in around 4 minutes.

Our plane is way faster than that. See attached picture;)

It has to be, its a twin turbine compared to a single engine single cylinder piston aircraft. B|
If it does not cost anything you are the product.

You want fast climb rate

Buy an Antonov AN-74 (4-5 minutes to 13100 feet)

Read this - written by a Finnsh DZ

The first jet jumps in Finland were made in the beginning of August -98 in Utti. The event finally became reality after a lot of preparatory work during several previous years, and a few training jumps abroad. The performance of the plane, an Estonian AN-72, was known to be quite impressive: It took from four to five minutes to get to 4000 meters (13100 ft) after take-off. The exit speed was also in a real jet aircraft class! Nearly 100 m/s (200 knots) at the jump run forced the skydivers to perform a few "special maneuvers" before reaching a stable flying position. After the first load it also became obvious that no 10-second-delays were necessary between the exit groups at this speed.

Source:
http://www.utti.org/english/events.htm

OVER

AN 72 regular jumpship at the Vichy boogie.
Its my favourite all time jump plane.
Its a shame that its not cleared for use in the US (I heard).
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Cool pic an AN72 jump is one of my dreams.
Or to jump out of any plane which has a back (cargo) door/ramp/opening.

Maybe once...

Here in Hungary we had some years ago (before I started jumping) an Antonov 28 or 32 which crashlanded somewhere in UK. I would have loved that plane.

The AN72 drop speed is really 100 m/sec?
That's what 360 km/h ~270 KTS, that is high speed higher than terminal velocity, so you are deccelerating rather nat accelerating!!!

OVER

This one?

Yeah jump the AN 72 and you spend the first couple of seconds of the skydive slowing down......:ph34r:
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Yeah jump the AN 72 and you spend the first couple of seconds of the skydive slowing down

Same with a C130 and 141
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

"Same with a C130 and 141"

Word Ron, and add that huge prop wash to the mix for fun.

But they ain't jets.:|
--------------------

Word Ron, and add that huge prop wash to the mix for fun.

But they ain't jets

Uh 141????? Its a jet. Same with C5.

Chile LIKE what he sees, Chile WANTS one!:)
But alas the wait for a jet dedicated to skydiving and operating on a regular basis here in the USA is just around the corner. Perris Valley Skydiving has bought a DC-9 and is in the process of retrofitting and converting it for skydiving.
It will be a skydiving only jet!B|
See "Skydiving" December 2003 pg.10.

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868