TheBachelor

Elsinore, January 24 - Instructors Fund Event!

I am load organizing at Elsinore on Saturday, and I want to make the following offer: For each jump a dz.commer makes with me on Saturday, I'll donate the cost of their jump ticket ($20) to the instructor equipment fund (up to $300 maximum.) So if 5 people make 3 jumps each, the fund gets $300 from my pocket.

If a DZ.commer wants to skip a jump and donate their $20 instead, I'll match that too (again, up to my $300 limit).

Be sure to identify yourself as a DZ.commer when you see me Saturday. I'll be there by 9:00.

Blue Skies

Terry
There are battered women? I've been eating 'em plain all of these years...

Hey, mix it up for fun and go for best exit funnel, most "creative" use of grips. . .best backsliding. . .etc. All for fun. . .and the cause. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

HelloTerry,
You are just wonderful! :)
I CAN go to Elsinore this Friday and jump because my surgery was moved yet again (I still have the remains of flu in my body) to next week. Anyway, my sinuses are now good enough to not pop my ears at altitude, so I will be flying...B|

Also, I WILL make a $$$ donation (not much, but all I can afford right now), if you would like to match it. I will PM you with details!
HUGE hugs to you, my friend,
ROSA

I'd love to! Sadly, I'm going to hawaii this weekend. But you rock anyway!

Yes, that IS so very, very sad. :ph34r:

Btw, I'm going out of state for the weekend, too! There is always next weekend to jump at Elsinore...and the weekend after that...and the weekend after that...and the weekend after that...B| :)

Edited: You guys that cannot make it can always donate to the instructor's fund. * Go to www.paypal.com and set up an account. Then you make direct donations to the following account # [email protected]

Terry-- AWESOME, my friend, just awesome. Of course I'm out at Elsinore EVERY weekend, and this weekend is no different! I will be out spreading the love (and cleaning my team room, d'oh! :S), and hopefully getting at least a few jumps in. I couldn't wait to get my donation in, though-- I mailed in my check on Monday! ;)
Love to all! :$

I can't go, as I've already told Terry, but I am more than willing to withdraw $20 from my account and jump in spirit with you all....I'll handle that today or tomorrow (when I have time...). But you must post pictures. Deal??

Hey, Terry? Well done. Told ya it was a great idea. :)
Hey, Cajones and Lew? What goes around comes around. You are all loved very much. People are just looking to spread that love, you know?

Wish I could be there...

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Well, the weather Saturday didn't cooperate much. I got to jump with RJRipcord a few times, and I got to see Cajones be a tandem passenger for a tandem check ride... CurtisMelanieJ was around, and so was Lew and of course, Shark. Did I miss anyone?

Thanks to Rosa, Michele, and JTval for your pledges. As promised, I matched them.

A few of you like Nightingale owe me a jump. :)
Since the weather didn't cooperate, I gave Shark/Betsy a check for the full $300. It was nice to see a bunch of borrowed student equpment -- I noticed quite a few student rigs from Skydive Suffolk, so thanks to them and the others that provided loaners.

Blue Skies
Terry
There are battered women? I've been eating 'em plain all of these years...

It looks like there'll be an official fundraising event on the weekend of February 7-8, so mark it on your calendars.

Terry, Rosa, Michele, Jtval, et al.

That was a very noble gesture. Your generosity will go a long way in assisting the staff in rebuilding their lives. I am still enthralled with the unselfish donations by everyone, whether it's offering personal gear, cash, or just a hug or a handshake.

Thank you,

Mark Guinto
AFF-I, Skydive Elsinore