BravestDog

Marijuana and Skydiving. Good, bad, indifferent?

:)
As a reference of the evils of the evil weed. There was a movie "Reefer Madness":S:S:S

and of course that pretty much the sum total of research and understanding the government has ever cared to put towards it..

its amazing how much people will blindly believe about anything when 'common wisdom' (read: demonizing government propaganda) says its bad...

fact is this issue is impossible to discuss rationally on a public board, there is soooooo much disinformation (often blindly accepted as fact) that you cant even begin to have an intelligent discussion about the real effects without the 'righteous' (and often ignorantly so) trotting out tried and tired fallacies and personal attacks, particularly given the possible criminal ramifications of not buying the party line.

what so many so often forget is that legal does not equal right, illegal does not equal wrong, no matter what the government tells you.

Pot Heads!
That label always brings a smile to my face. What's with all that huffin and puffin anyway? Is it really necessary? And what have you eating more than your fair share of the world's snack supply? Walking around town with tiny eyes. Could you be blind folded with dental floss? Yes, i say.
~
Pot Head! Pot Head!
Whatcha gonna do!
Whatcha gonna do when blue skies call for you!
~
OK, enough gibberish. it's back to work for me...

:)
As a reference of the evils of the evil weed. There was a movie "Reefer Madness":S:S:S

and of course that pretty much the sum total of research and understanding the government has ever cared to put towards it..

its amazing how much people will blindly believe about anything when 'common wisdom' (read: demonizing government propaganda) says its bad...

fact is this issue is impossible to discuss rationally on a public board, there is soooooo much disinformation (often blindly accepted as fact) that you cant even begin to have an intelligent discussion about the real effects without the 'righteous' (and often ignorantly so) trotting out tried and tired fallacies and personal attacks, particularly given the possible criminal ramifications of not buying the party line.

what so many so often forget is that legal does not equal right, illegal does not equal wrong, no matter what the government tells you.

I didn't think this was about legality. My own opinion is that pot should be decriminalized and that the government has no business telling adults what they should or should not ingest. But it is also my opinion that I do not wish to jump or fly with someone who has recently been using mind-altering substances, legal or not. I would be more than happy to play tiddleywinks with someone smoking a joint.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

First, there are no shades of gray when your actions endanger others.

Risk is a lot more compex topic than you seem to understand. There is a difference between the perception of risk and actual risk. The risk of you being killed by a skydiver who has had a smoke is far, far less than your risk of being killed driving to the dropzone. Why, then, are you not indignant about the dangers of cars? People drive when they are tired or depressed all the time - and yet they are technically not breaking the law.

I maintain that there are people who smoke and jump who can outfly you in every way, and are far less of a "threat" to your safety than someone with 50 jumps spiralling down over the landng area.

It's all relative.

Oh, really. Where do you jump? I've noticed you conveniently left that off you profile. Perhaps a telephone call placed to the PIC and DZO is in order.

Oh, really. Where do you jump? I've noticed you conveniently left that off you profile. Perhaps a telephone call placed to the PIC and DZO is in order.

You're so funny.

Come on. You believe in what you are saying? Tell us where you jump so those of us who disagree with you can avoid that DZ. You aren't going to have much credibility until you tell us where you jump.

You're so funny.

Come on. You believe in what you are saying? Tell us where you jump so those of us who disagree with you can avoid that DZ. You aren't going to have much credibility until you tell us where you jump.

I never said that I smoked. For the record I don't. The people I was referring to in my examples actually jump at a DZ on the other side of the country.

And there is no way I'm telling you what DZ I jump at. If for no other reason than you want to know :-P

I believe in what he's saying. I do, because he's exactly right. Now calm yourself my wound up little friend, before I go looking for my leather glove.

Well Cliff at least yo have the balls to give your real name and where you jump. Thanks, I occaisionally jump at Orange. I'll be sure to be on the look out for you.

You're so funny.

I never said that I smoked. For the record I don't. The people I was referring to in my examples actually jump at a DZ on the other side of the country.

And there is no way I'm telling you what DZ I jump at. If for no other reason than you want to know :-P

Pretty much what I expected from you. I would also be willing to bet nobody on this site has ever met Andrewstewart. How can you expect to be taken seriously when all signs point to a troll?

You're so funny.

I don't want to know where you jump I just thought of the ad that showed a patients view of their surgeon toking before the operation.
p.s. I do not contest your choice either way but, I know I don't have a brother because of "Hey just a couple hits". It would be nice to remember him saying something else.

Hey, GravityMaster? AS is the same guy who wrote:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I've just received my new Cobalt in the post from Atair.

On examining it I can see circular holes cut deliberately into every rib. They are placed about four or five inches down into the rib. Some ribs have holes which are about two inches in diameter, some have holes which are smaller - probably less than an inch in diameter.

Forgive my ignorance, but why exactly?

I don't remember the demo Cobalt I jumped several months ago having those holes... perhaps I didn't look hard enough?"
~~~~~~~~~

My only question was at which point was he high....when he demo'd the Cobalt, or when he received his own?

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(and I really wish Andrew Stewart had "Sam" as a middle name...)

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~