BigWaveDave

50 Ways To Leave Your Lover

I was listening to this song the other night and thought of a couple unconventional ways people I know have used to break off a relationship.

A girl I went to high school with spelled it out in spray paint on her boyfriend's car when she found out that he had been cheating on her. The entire school and community knew what had happened after that.

A guy I had a class with in college was engaged to a girl who started out great and slowly became demanding, possessive, jealous and secretive. He ended their three year relationship by tacking a note to the TV that said, "I'm gone. F*ck you. Keep the ring - it's fake anyway". He had all of his stuff moved out before she got back from work.

These aren't very good examples, but I expect most of you freakshows to have some truly amazing tales. What different ways have you or someone you know used to break it off with someone?
“If you hear a voice within you saying, ''You are not a painter,'' then by all means paint… and that voice will be silenced.” - Vincent van Gogh

My ex, or she is now anyway, invited me to dinner to meet guy she'd been screwing. Said she just couldn't keep it inside any longer..

no pun intended.

OMG! So what did you do? I hope you sacked up and did something stupid and crazy that ended up on your permanent record...
“If you hear a voice within you saying, ''You are not a painter,'' then by all means paint… and that voice will be silenced.” - Vincent van Gogh

It stung a little...

I could imagine. Believe me I've been there. My ex wife was cheating on me with a friend of mine, and this was 6 months after our baby was born. The only reason I didn't do something stupid was for my son's sake...otherwise I probably would have.

On a lighter note, many years ago in high school a guy I know was constantly being pestered by the girl who sat behind him in homeroom to ask out this other girl who liked him.

Finally, after weeks of nagging, he turned to the girl behind him, said, "Fine," and yelled across the room, "Hey, [other girl], wanna go out with me?"

She quickly said, "Yes."

At which point he answered, "Okay. You're dumped."

My ex, or she is now anyway, invited me to dinner to meet guy she'd been screwing. Said she just couldn't keep it inside any longer..

damn...
i have a book titled "the art of getting even", i'd be happy to give u some ideas...

revenge is sweet, esxecially when justified...
O
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."

I havebeen cheated on 5 times.[:/]

My own personal break up story takes place back in 9th grade.....my Gf at the time says...Joe if you ask me right now I will marry you. I followed with..."I dont think we should see each other anymore."

It was harsh but I mean common I was like 15.:)
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.
Pedro Offers you his Protection.

I find it ridiculous how irrational people become when a confrontation is involved. Don't people realize that being honest and giving people space is so much easier than making an ass of yourself?

I also believe that when braking up with a person all the gory details of why do not need to be brought up unless asked for. Tact is an art at that point.

Heather
Life doesn't have to be perfect in order to be beautiful!

I try to believe in the 'what goes around, comes around'. I REALLY hope that is true because there are a lot of people out there who deserve to get what they'd have coming. :ph34r:

Ditto
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I agree w/ Hmatousek & BK... honesty & necessary info only is the best policy.

My oddest break ups though.
My freshman year of college, dating a Senior in college, he moved out of his house & wouldn't return my calls... he just dissappeared. His room mates called me looking for him to help pay bills. to this day he's MIA, only been seen once in 8 years!

My sr year of college dating a guy back home in FL... in April, 2 months before moving back to FL, I called him & said I'm not coming back. He said "fine, then we're over. Perhaps I'll see you one day." Haven't since.

I think I'm a little more stable now though. At least my dr thinks so :P... kidding, but at least my alcohol tolerance has caught up w/ my consumption.

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

I had a boyfriend of almost a year break up with me over where I stacked the newspaper pile. ROFLMAO. If its that big a f-ign deal, just tell me, and I'll take em out and toss em every day instead of once a week (they were stacked in a very out of sight, out of the way place, btw). No biggie. However, this example was typical. One of those guys who kept everything inside and never told me when I was driving him nuts until it was driving him nuts, in which case he started a big fight by being rude about it, instead of just asking politely.

I had a guy break up with me because his wife didn't like us seeing each other! (he told me he was divorced! turns out NOT).

break up with me over where I stacked the newspaper pile

THAT IS CRAZY!!

So, are you & the wife friends now? heeehee

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

actually, we are friends.

I was friends with both of them initially. then they separated. he told me they were divorced, that the divorce was final. didn't occur to me to verify this with her, I was closer friends with him anyway, and I knew she wasn't living with him at the time he and I were dating. Apparently, they got back together, and he didn't tell me this and kept seeing me, and three months later, he fessed up to her, and then called me and broke it off. She was as upset about the deception as I was, and didn't blame me in the slightest. he was honest and told her that he'd told me that their marriage was very much over.

I ran into her at a karate tournament a few months back, and we were having coffee like old friends (and, of course, comparing notes on Billy).

Hey y'all,

well I have some AWFUL things i usually do.

When i was in college, i was dating a guy, and he was somewhat possessive. I got sick of it, and got a tongue ring. He got mad that I never asked him about it (like it was any of his business). A few days later we broke up.

That was a one case situation. What i usually do, when i ditch a guy (i always get sick of guys) I either make myself before real distant, then we just "grow apart", or I become a bitch. I always try to get the guy to break up with me, therefore there's no hard feelings, and we can both get along fine afterwards.

I know it's a horrible thing, but i find it easier that way :)

I hate it when the other party wants to drag it through the weeds, though.

Why am I not good enough? Why don't you think we would somehow miraculously become happy if we stay together? What is wrong with me?

Ugh. I hate breakups.

Brent

----------------------------------
www.jumpelvis.com

My freshman year of college, dating a Senior in college, he moved out of his house & wouldn't return my calls... he just dissappeared.

I had two roommates. One of them was dating a girl and (really) she died over some fever disease. Over the course of 4 days, pow! 22yo.

(This is how big of a butthead people can be...)
Roommate 1 tells roommate 2 that she is not really dead, "she is just avoiding him". He would hang around the student union trying to run into her. He was really mad when he found out the truth.