countryscrub

skydiving safe? try snowboarding ...

and they say skydiving isnt safe ... just got back from the hospital ... i broke my t-7 vert snowboarding up at boyne mountain here in michigan... good news is nothing is perminate and no nerve damage ... bad news im stuck here at my folks house for three months in a bed or brace. i think im gonna go nutz people ... i mean my folks god bless them i know they mean well ....the bad part is some issues related to this injury and my work and disability ....if anyone out there can offer me some good advice ...ill go into detail about my problem thanks all
ps doc said i will be able to skydive by late spring :):)

i used to do alot of things ....skydiving wont be one of them :)

The same things that can be said about skydiving . . .

Don't ride beyond your experience and abilities. Be patient, and go conservatively until you feel good about what you are trying to do. Master the small air tricks before you go big.

. . =(_8^(1)

....if anyone out there can offer me some good advice

Some suggestions:

Time to pick up a few good books or get some practice on your X-box. Do what your doctors tell you to do.
Get whatever exercise you can, both physically and mentally.
Try to exceed your physical therapy goals.
Learn a new language.
Drink lots of water.
...And hang in there. The planes will be ready when you are.

---> One Half of Almost Nearly Normal <---

ok time to update this thread .... the problem im having is well this ....my company Rouge Steel went under BANKRUPT here in detriot the new company that bought out the mill has made a new contract two days after i was put on medical... one of the terms was that the company wouldnt honor any of the medicals that employee were out on at the time of the contract... so im loosing my medical at the end of feb and from whats been said i wont be able to collect any disability ..... the company said nit would hire be back if i present my self fit to work with in one years time... and recieve my senority back .... so basiclly the company will give me everything back but in my time of need i got NOTHING pretty shitty.. so i got no money comming and had to breack my lease with my landloard ...which went well thank god.. anyways if any one has any adv ice or knows anyways or body to help me in my fight to get some coin rolling so i can pay my med bills or even a way to keep my medical coverage ....please by all means tell me

thank you all of your support and help its wonderful to belong to such a genuine bunch of wonderful people

Hey bro, I haven't met ya yet but I'm gonna be hangin up there at Tecumseh a lot this season for sure, so I'll see you around if you're hangin' out. If there's anything at all I can do to help, lemme know, okay? Take care of yourself, it'll all be good in the end, but we're here for ya until then. B|

Edited to add: By the way, I snowboard too, and you're right, it is WAY more dangerous than skydiving. B| (Well, minus the low alt canopy stuff.....;))

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

i ride my board every time i can... i think like all the "extreme sports" snowboard can be SAFE
as long as u know how/WHERE/and when 2 ride ur board it can be safe

VIBES for u and i hope u`ll be back in the sky/snow SOON

-------------------------
"jump, have fun, pull"

Yeah, that snowboarding seems pretty dangerous. Since you're in Tecumseh, you should take up something safe for the winter, like indoor arenacross over at Pro SourceB|

billy d------------------------- "Escape may be checked by water and land, but the air and the sky are free." (from the story of Daedalus and Icarus)

yeah its me ....busted:P
anyways just a quick update DOC said ill be fine to jump this spring not early spring but this spring alll the same ...

alos another brother just fell boarding on saturday ...he my buddy craig that is broke his humorous aka the bone between his elbow and sholder ...broke it in half it was prety bad... nothing a couples of plates and screws wont fit...i swear he alreay 25% metal anyways :S
he hasent made his first jump but he gonna come to the light he with me this spring

also good news i found a lawyer to take my case and i should be able to keep my insurence and get paid for my loss wages .... might be able to buy my gear and pay off my rig yet:):P