misskriss

Under the Tuscan Sun

After seeing this movie I decided that it would be great to be just like the main character and buy a villa in Tuscany. I know it would be extreme and I don't have a job and the money I do have would run out quickly with buying the villa and all..:D ...and i have no idea how I would support myself aside from teaching English....but have you ever thought of just selling everything and moving away? ....somwhere far away? Yes, it's selfish but I want to see more and do more. My practical side won't do it and I have yet to discuss it with my important other and it wouldn't be fair to the kids till I had enough money saved, so I must settle with just a holiday for now. But sometimes maybe life is about taking risks... and wouldn't it just be amazing...

http://www.cerbaiaimmobiliare.it/photo/905.htm

I'm worried about letting my fiancee watch that movie. She's gone away to Europe before. Moved to Spain right after college and she didn't speak a word of Spanish. Then moved to France. 3 1/2 years later she came back.

She's told me that if I weren't around, she would have moved to Italy about 4 or 5 months ago, since she's never lived there. She said she'd liquidate everything she owns and live there as long as she could.

I don't want her to see it - I'll feel like I'm holding her back.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

ya as soon as my responsibilities with my grandma are finish (there is no easy way to say that) I want to move and get out on my own away from my family. so i can truely mature and grow.
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

so i can truely mature and grow.

Dude, I'm looking at your avatar as I read that.

Um, you need to get away NOW!

hey come on dude it was new years and i was in the process of getting FUUUUUCKED up!:oB|:P
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

The Peace Corps has appealed to me as a way to get away from it all, and have someone else pick up the tab, for a long time now.

Maybe someday.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I love to travel! I'm jealous not cause my friend went to Montana for the week by herself. She just picked up and left on a whim this morning.
I went by myself to Greece one time and I was so lonely but now when I think about it I wish I had enjoyed that time alone.

I'd say if you have a chance always take a vacation by yourself or do something that you wouldn't expect. As in Under the Tuscan Sun, you never know what will find you.

"I know it's tuna. But it says chicken. By the sea."

Nahh.....I joined the military and traveled lots. I travel QUITE a bit in the job I have now. It's fun to visit but I usually want to come home before long. I spent 1 1/2 years in Korea and I was DAMN ready to leave. It was a great experience but enough was enough. It's also better to travel when Uncle Sugar is picking up the tab. ;)

After living in England for 4 years, we definatly want to move back over to Europe... Main land though.

oi.. we ARE mainland :P
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Its tough when you have kids...but when you are footloose and fancyfree....

After college, I packed my bags and headed to Brasil, lived there 4 years.
Then after I returned, I got tired of working 9-5 in the big city, packed my few bags and headed to New Mexico, lived there 4 years.
Then back in the big city (kept going back to earn those $$), I packed my suitcase and headed to Japan for a few years.

Now I grab my bag and head to the dz and get some altitude (and change of attitude!)

marc