Lee03

I had an odd dream last night. Anyone had dreams like this?

Last night, I had a dream that I was jumping out of a CASA 212. My first jump was from a CASA, and I know that there are plans to have a CASA at my dz three times this year. Anyway, we were altitude, the ramp way lowered, myself and another jumper were on the ramp. I did a backflip of the ramp and started falling, belly to earth. I did a couple of backloops, and turns on the way down, checking altimeter per the normal, nothing unusual, I notice the ground is like 1000 ft and rushing up very fast! I frantically reach to pull the pilot chute, oddly enough I notice the airport runway, and I hit the ground! I hit just before the beginning of the runway. I feel no pain, actually feel no different than normal. Several jumpers that I know walk toward me and I get up and start walking toward them. At this point, I wake up. This dream has been on my mind all morning. I can't get it off of my mind. It's weird, it's kind of scary. I don't know what, if anything, to make out of it. Any thoughts on this? Has anyone had dreams of a similar nature?
--------
To put your life in danger from time to time ... breeds a saneness in dealing with day-to-day trivialities.

--Nevil Shute, Slide Rule

ive landed just a pilot chute now a couple of times now and had to pull my main out once i was on the ground so no one would know i was doing it ....:):)

special note thanks tim dave
you told me about this one and it seems to have stuck i cant stop dreaming about it... so call me already and tell me something about britney spears k bud

i used to do alot of things ....skydiving wont be one of them :)

maybe you're unbreakable :P:P
I did a WS jump and deployed soooo low, I landed just after the canopy opened, wasn't really in pressure yet but was enough for me to walk from it... even with the legs still in the suit
----------
Fumer tue, péter pue
-------------
ourson #10, Mosquito Uno, CBT 579

I had a really strange one onece..

Can't remember the exact details, but I obviously done something wrong and remember being arrested and taken to jail.

I actually woke up in the night and th edream wss very vivid.

Anyway when I eventualy got back to sleep, my dream had carried on and I found myself in a courtroom , in the dock, answering the charges!

F'kin weird or what!
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\\/\/\/\/\
Do I see you laughin?
My doggy he don't like people laughin
Gets to figurin, they're laughin at him

There was a similar thread recently in which people talked about dreams like yours. I've dreamed several times about impacting with nothing out and surviving. Usually I'm falling much more slowly than I should be, which helps! Sometimes it knocks the wind out me, though :)

I've had a dream where I went in.. then I got up out of the crater that I had made and looked around to see if anyone had seen my bonehead move... then pretended nothing happened.

I have weird dreams though.. last night I dreamt that I was breast feeding a squirrel. WTF? was my boyfriend pinching my nipples in my sleep or something????

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

When I first started jumping I had tons of dream about hitting the ground and getting up. I even had a dream that I was standing in the landing area and jumpers were hitting the ground all around me but then they'd get up, pack, and be on the next load. I never really understood those dreams.

Also, While I was learning how to pack I would have lots of malfunction dream but I contributed those to fear of giving myself a mal.

PMS #62
Zarza R[red

i've had a couple of skydiving dreams, one where i have a horseshoe on a rig i borrowed, cutaway and fight it for a while to get rid of the main, finally get the reserve out and it's tiny (i jump a 190) but i'm really low, so fire the brakes and flare straight away and do this huge surf.

the other one was a bit more wierd, everyone in the plane jumps out without rigs, but everyone is holding a cushion or pillow, which you lie on and float about. so we're all floating on these cushions having a chat next to a cloud, then soar down and hit the floor and get up completely unhurt.....

i think my head is screwed!!

i've had acouple of dreams where i deploy and hit the ground just as the canopy starts to inflate. Kinda like Cronicles III, but then I always get up and feel find. I did have one though that kinda scared me, it was right before a boogie and I had a dream that I hit and got up fine, but then the next day I was in a body cast and there was no one there to help me. I was just alone, that was the scariest part. I tried to get up and somehow managed to move and walk and the dz was deserted, wind blowing, tumble weed effect. That one bothered me for awhile. I think I ended up breaking down that night. I think it was a result of too much stress
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!

All the time! I have had LOADS of skydiving dreams. My first jumps were back in '91 (2 static lines and one AFF - I) and then 2 static lines in '96 -- then 55 more jumps in this year. So way back in '91 soon after my first static line, I began having VIVID dreams of skydiving.

Most recently, I dreamed I was on a platform atop a tower, readying with a bunch of friends to do a BASE jump. I was holding (clutching) a girder on the tower and realized that I had no rig on! I saw the rig on the platform on the opposite side of the girder from me, and now I was nearly paralyzed with fear, knowing that I'd have to let go of the girder to put on the rig (afraid of losing my balance). But some time before I put the rig on, I made some sort of dream-realization that I didn't need a parachute to get to the ground safely. I realized I could FLY. So I jumped off the platform with nothing on, and freefell for a while. when I got a ground-rush, I rotated to my feet very gently and gracefully, and mentally willed myself to slow my descent, and I touched down nice and gently. It was an awesome feeling. It was like power and freedom and indestructibility! I took that feeling out of the dream with me!

That was less than a month ago. A few nights ago, I dreamed I looked up after deployment at a tangled mass or bubbling canopy wrapped in all sorts of line-overs. Looked like chewing gum wrapped in string. So I distinctly looked down at my chest, saw my green cutaway handle and my blue reserve handle, pulled one then the other, and I remember hoping that nothing would get messed up with the reserve. Moments later it was open and inflated and happy, and I did an off landing at SoBe -- just beyond the fence as the crow flies toward the old Skydive America hangar! There was a gate in the fence (not in real life, though) and a bunch of old Skydive Palm Beach regulars -- Lisa, Dave, Steve, Kim, Rob -- all came out to see me after my reserve ride and I started walking toward them. I said something witty or funny that I simply can't remember >:( and I remember that I raised my arms, palms-up, like a "what are ya gonna do?" gesture.

I am constantly amazed at how seemingly accurate my dreams that involve skydiving are. A lot of true-to-life stuff happens in them.
I swear, it feels like PRACTICE.

---Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

If you get a chance to rent "Bruce Almighty" on DVD, watch the outtakes. There's a scene where he skydives and can't pull anything, and bounces, but lands on bigfoot, which breaks his fall. :D

Seriously - for the last three years, most of my dreams have been about skydiving. Get used to it. :)
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD