Rainbo

Fonda - Kerry

I'm sure I'll get flamed for posting this, but what the heck. Just remember I am not a Republican so this is not a partisan thing. Just diseminating information.

I would never talk against a person for thier service to our country. I may ideas about thier post service activities.

Notice who is sitting behind Jane Fonda at a antiwar demonstration.

Rainbo
Rainbo
TheSpeedTriple - Speed is everything
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

I agree with you there. However, I disagree with his choice of protester friends.

Kerry should have asked himself, "What if that was ME in the Hanoi Hilton when Jane Fonda went for the visit? Jeez. I might be pushing up bamboo right now."

Men who were little different from him, who did not ask to be there, were KILLED in that Camp because of what Jane Fonda did. They were TORTURED because of what she did. What if Hollywood Starlet went to visit and cheer on David Pearl's captors before he was decapitated? I seriously doubt that there would have been any future political ambitions for those who would support his efforts.

There are a few old 60's and 70's leftists that I respect for their open and clear rescission of their prior views, like David Horowitz. I haven't heard it from John Kerry.

I think he has a lot of answering to do for a generation of men and women who did not ask to get sent where he was sent.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Jane went to great lengths today already to try and distance herself from Kerry. She knows it wopuld not be politically expendient for the Democratic party for her and him to be associated. It will be on CNN again later. The fact is the she and he both spoke on the same stage at this event. Were they personal aquaintances, I couldn't tell you.

Rainbo

spelling edit
Rainbo
"Blessed are those who can give without remembering, and take without forgetting."

so they happened to be at the same event. her actions and his are two very separate issues.

Jane Fonda did some awful things in her protest of the war. I have many issues with her behavior in this area.

John Kerry was not a participant in any of Fonda's escapades. He was a veteran protesting a war that he, and many others, still view as a war that shouldn't have happened. Its an opinion, and there's nothing wrong with that opinion. Either you believe we should have been in nam, or you believe we shouldn't have been in nam. They're opinions, and he's still allowed to hold the same opinion today. Because he's a veteran of that war, I'd say he has a lot more right to his opinion of it than most of us. He was against it, but he went, he fought, and he did his duty as his country asked it of him, and I believe that says a lot for his character.

DAMN! Kerry for PRES! KNOW! I have more respect for him than ever! I knew he had been to Nam, but I did not know he had protested! Just think, someone who went there to fight first hand, see what was really happening there and come back to tell everyone in the only way people would listen! How great! Too bad they did not listen very well! If you think the Vietnam war was Just then you probably think the Iraq war Just as well..........you had better go and get your eyes and ears checked! And for what Jane Fonda did, remember it was A LIE that got the US into the Vietnam "Police Conflict" and it was A LIE that got the US into Iraq and it was the US government who killed our fellow American troops, not the act of protesters at home. Well, with the exception of maybe an LA reporter who has compromised a number of US spies-knowingly! If you think that protesting Vietnam was in anyway anti-American, simply objecting to YOUR government actions is THE MOST AMERICAN act you can practice! After all, that is what the Constitution was written for! On pot paper no less! Read a little Hunter S. Thompson and a few others authors about the ideals of the 60's and you may change your mind about a few things! Not to mention not everyone that voiced their opinion through protesting was a "hippie" as you think of today!:)

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

Just stating the facts as they were presented today. I'm sure one of them was offering a pro war position at this particular rally.:o

Rainbo
Rainbo

Your right, I would not be voting for him.:S
Also I would not be voting for GWB. :P

I'm a libertarian. I just find it amusing how both parties look at issues of from 30 years ago. Both of these individuals made what many would consider today to be errors on judgement, considering they are now running for this office.

I just know that I am glad that I am not judged daily for things that I did 30 years ago. Some of those would defintely be considered an error in judgement.;)
Rainbo

DAMN! Kerry for PRES! KNOW! I have more respect for him than ever! I knew he had been to Nam, but I did not know he had protested! Just think, someone who went there to fight first hand, see what was really happening there and come back to tell everyone in the only way people would listen! How great! Too bad they did not listen very well! If you think the Vietnam war was Just then you probably think the Iraq war Just as well..........you had better go and get your eyes and ears checked! And for what Jane Fonda did, remember it was A LIE that got the US into the Vietnam "Police Conflict" and it was A LIE that got the US into Iraq and it was the US government who killed our fellow American troops, not the act of protesters at home. Well, with the exception of maybe an LA reporter who has compromised a number of US spies-knowingly! If you think that protesting Vietnam was in anyway anti-American, simply objecting to YOUR government actions is THE MOST AMERICAN act you can practice! After all, that is what the Constitution was written for! On pot paper no less! Read a little Hunter S. Thompson and a few others authors about the ideals of the 60's and you may change your mind about a few things! Not to mention not everyone that voiced their opinion through protesting was a "hippie" as you think of today!:)

Hanoi Jane didn't just protest here. She went to the enemy to protest. That was wrong then and it's wrong now.

never pull low......unless you are

Naw, there are certain ages at both ends of the spectrum that poopin' your britches is OK!;)

However if I had been fillin' my shorts at that point in time it may not have been considered socially acceptable. Unless I couldn't stand.:$

Rainbo
Rainbo

>The fact is the she and he both spoke on the same stage at this event.

Bush spoke on the same stage as Gore during the debates. Doesn't mean they agreed on anything, beyond that they each wanted to be president.

Apples and Oranges. Get a grip.
Airborne
Blue Skies, No Wind
Feet and Knees Together

Bush spoke on the same stage as Gore during the debates. Doesn't mean they agreed on anything, beyond that they each wanted to be president.

I saw those debates, to say either one of them actually spoke is giving a lot of credit. The Saturday Night Live sketches of those debates had more substance.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

simply because both Kerry and Fonda happened to agree that the war in Vietnam was a bad idea, it does not necessiarily (or even probably) follow that he agreed with her other methods of protesting such a war.

Should I happen to attend and possibly speak at a gay rights rally all that means is that I agree with the other people at the rally that I support rights for gays and lesbians. It does not mean that, should the speaker at the podium immediately before me go out and start opening fire on christian coalition members in the name of GLTB rights that I also condone these actions. Get it? Two people can support a similar cause and have very different methods of achieving their goals. They may agree on the ends, but disagree drastically on the means.

Just because two people happen to be at the same rally and speak on the same subject, it does not follow that they agree on everything else, and to asusme so is simply silly.

>The fact is the she and he both spoke on the same stage at this event.

Apples and Oranges. Get a grip.

So they had the main point in common they both wanted to be President.- Just like Fonda and Kerry both wanted the north Vietnamese to be left alone to torture and kill the South Vietnamese.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

>Just like Fonda and Kerry both wanted the north Vietnamese to be
>left alone to torture and kill the South Vietnamese.

From his own statements, he wanted to end the war. A noble cause, and a sentiment I agree with.

Fonda, on the other hand, was a lunatic. But even lunatics have a right to free speech here in the US.

>Just like Fonda and Kerry both wanted the north Vietnamese to be
>left alone to torture and kill the South Vietnamese.

From his own statements, he wanted to end the war. A noble cause, and a sentiment I agree with.

Fonda, on the other hand, was a lunatic. But even lunatics have a right to free speech here in the US.

Heh - We're not debating free speech. We are trying top look at views that an individual that has a chance, albeit a slim one, of making policy for Millions of people. Ending a war because it is inconvienient in his opinion, whilst people are being tortured and are dying horrible deaths, seems to have no spine. Is that the kind of person that you would want running things for you. I hope not, or this really is the downfall of what America stands for - Freedom from oppression.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun