cvfd1399

Neptune users help!

Ok so I got a neptune today, and I am having a few issues. I have the version 2.0.25, but when I go to the training menu it shows that this feature will be available soon, what is up with that. My other issue is that when I try to set the 3rd alarm to 1000Ft (to let me know when to take off my helmet), it won't keep the setting it goes beck to the original 1500ft setting. Any tips on this and any other things would be cool.

Also I used the hand mount, and it required to mount it to a metal plate. where do the 4 metal washers go?? it seems that if you cover the filter with fabric and squish it between a piece of metal that will effectively seal off the filter? Will this still allow the alt to get a accurate pressure reading or a reading at all? I included a pic of how i mounted it is this right. The manuel included is ok, but it left out a few things.

Totally off topic but since you mentioned the hand mount...

I complained on here a while ago that the altimaster 3 style handmount is uncomfortable to me. The O-ring is too thick and gets squeezed between my fingers when I'm holding my toggles. (I have a -3, not a neptune). So about 5 minutes after my first post, Roger Allen, Alti-2's CEO, wrote to me telling me the neptune would be able to use a thinner O-ring since it weighs less and doesn't need as much strength. He mentioned it was a change they were planning to incorporate in the future.

Well, skip ahead a few months and I asked on here again if they were shipping with the new handmount. Again, minutes later I got a message back saying they were planning to try new mounts soon. Just a few more days later, they had some prototypes built and offered to send me one to try out.

It arrived last week. It's PERFECT. The O-ring is MUCH thinner than an altimaster 3's. It fits easily between my fingers, and even when I squeeze them together I can't feel it. So now I need to go buy a neptune. Anyone wanna sell me a used one for under $100? :)
Dave

The washers go between the bolts and the plate. This will not interfere with the operation of the unit.

The unit will beep at 1000ft on the climb to altitude to remind you to take off your helmet, regardless of your warning settings. Setting your third warning at 1000ft AGL is too low to be useful for freefall.

The training feature will be available with future updates. Development has been focused on improving battery conservation, accurate logging, and compatibility with ParaLog.

Hope this helps.

- Ed "Cajones" Dickinson
Alti-2 Neptune Field-Rep

The laws of physics are strictly enforced.

Ed, are the washers necessary? Say for instance someone forgot or did not install them. ;) Would this cause problems and he/she should install them ?

So it goes like this:

neptune
washer
strap
plate
screw

or

neptune
strap
washer
plate
screw

or ??

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

Oops!

My goof!

You do NOT need to use the washers if you use the backplate.

The washers can be used instead of the backplate!

It can be:

Neptune - Handmount strap - Washer - Bolt

OR

Neptune - Handmount strap - Backplate - Bolt

The washers are not necessary with the backplate.

I hope I haven't created too much confusion.

Ed "Cajones" Dickinson
Alti-2 Field Rep

The laws of physics are strictly enforced.