skymama

Metrosexuals

Yeah right. Dream on. Most every Freeflyer I've ever sold gear to has been ultra concerned about the "look" or the rig, or suit, or the "status" of being under the "coolest" wing.

So does that mean because my rig is tied dyed, I'm a metrodiver?

Oh crap.....I don't always do it but I do LIKE getting my hair cut at the "Salon." Well....OK...it's cause there's hot chicks there. I also went out and bought a "Kenneth Cole" watch. OK....so that was so I would fit in more at work. Don't want to be sitting there looking too damn "military." I also bought a "cool" foreign car instead of the old '82 Jeep. Do I have a problem? :D

Oh crap.....I don't always do it but I do LIKE getting my hair cut at the "Salon." Well....OK...it's cause there's hot chicks there. I also went out and bought a "Kenneth Cole" watch. OK....so that was so I would fit in more at work. Don't want to be sitting there looking too damn "military." I also bought a "cool" foreign car instead of the old '82 Jeep. Do I have a problem? :D

Your only problem is that you're spending too much money on that stuff when you only have sheep to impress

Never go to a DZ strip show.

oh clay... say it isnt so

next you will be posting about your recent manacures and pedicures

Not yet....it was really bad when I first got to Cleveland. I went shopping and spent $500 in ONE DAMN DAY buying clothes for work. :D:S I liked the clothes they had in the British malls but there's NO damn way I'm payin that much! I spent almost $100 on 2 soccer jerseys for my kid.....[:/]

Skymamma said:
So what makes a metrosexual man?
He's been defined as:

straight-
G: I'm OK here

sensitive-
G: I need Chapstick once in a while

well-educated-
G: I'm a smart ass

urban dweller-
G: no dogs under the porch

who is in touch with his feminine side-
G: the side with the mustache?

He may have a standing appointment for a
weekly manicure-
G: with my clippers

he probably has his hair cared for by a stylist
rather than a barber-
G: sure, back when I used to get it cut at all

He loves to shop-
G: Oh, yeh, at Home Depot

his bathroom counter is most likely filled with
male-targeted grooming products
G: like Irish Spring?

He may work on his physique at a fitness club-
G: how about the community rec plex?

his appearance probably gets him lots of attention
G: Yeh, you don't see too many left like me

Total Metro/ with occasional XYY outburst when fuse is "lighted";)
Book "Men are From Mars and Women are from Venus" pointed out that I'm from Venus regardless of enjoying giving Thor-like responses.
Wife is from Mars 90% (10% Mom:))
I love cook, clean and pick myown clothes.
I keeps me feeling capable of taking care of myself eventhough she is a "stay-at-home-mom".
SHe appreciates the dishes done too.
I do the Christmas wrapping here and decor for the house. She is from Amish Country and I have traveled the World. SHe likes my variety.:)

OK, here's the real deal with me...I LOVE manly men. Period.

I have worked with many male models in my field, but I am just not attracted to them. I may be stupid (probably), but I have even turned down a male model who would put Brad Pitt to shame because I couldn't get over the fact that he makes pooploads of money based on his beauty.

Also, I once dated a incredibly beautiful man, whom everyone (men and women) called handsome. It was strange to wake up next to his high cheekbones as the sun streamed into the room onto his beautiful blond locks of hair tossed onto the pillow...talk about "Sleeping Beauty". :S
It wasn't his fault, either, as he was a rockclimber and all, but he was definitely a "pretty boy".

[rant]"I want to be the pretty one with high-cheeckbones in bed! I want to have the soft, smooth skin!"[rant over] :ph34r:

Anyway, I love manly men, but I have found that all men have something...at least, one thing that they do that falls into the metrosexual category. Only their GF's know the truth about what that "thing" is.

Personally, I love to pin down men and try new stuff on them...like the "Biore strips". I never use them, but I have enjoyed using them on men. I like dying men's hair, too. I'll do anything for a BF or a male friend, like help them with a face mask or wax (yuck, bad example...lol!) their back or whatever...if he asks me for help. :)

I'm sorry but I go to a barber get my flattop and use regular ole butchwax if I decide to sport the flat. I clean, file and cut my nails myself. I shave barely regularly and I wear Right Guard Sport Stick Deoderant and I use Irish Spring Soap. I like Blue Jeans, sneakers and getting my hands dirty. And when I come home from work smelling particularly male, or from riding after school (working a Co-op for now) for some reason my wife gets horny. She says I smell manly and she digs it. (I personally think I smell like I rolled in manuer)(sp?)

Occasionally I will wear light, and I do mean LIGHT, cologne. And I have several suits of varying class that I enjoy wearing for her. But I do not go for GQ (that stands for Gay Questions right?:D), no damn gel, skin lotion or other feminine male crap.

I am not in tune with my feminine side, could care less about how something makes me feel unless it is sex with my woman. I cannot stand shopping, at all, unless it is for motorcycle parts, car parts, guns, or skydiving gear.

I like my steak medium rare, my potato huge with butter and sour cream and my beer right out of the damn keg with a monster head.

I do however, care about my wife's feelings and it makes me feel particularly masculine to take her out to a fine restaurant and spend some cash on her. But I expect to get well laid in the end:$.

Guess I ain't a metrosexual man. And I really don't give a rip:P.

Now where's my wife? I need a refill on this tea and my feet need rubbin;).

Maybe I should have been 30 in the 50's:ph34r:. Those men (or women) who don't go for the metrosexual crap give me a hell yeah!