FunBobby

Knights' sighting

So here I am in SoCal, and today, it’s actually not raining. In fact, the skies are blue and gorgeous. A little while ago, I was going to a meeting on the other side of the base (Naval Air Station North Island in San Diego). My drive took me past the transient flight line. On the line, parked next to a VFA-41 “Black Aces” F/A-18F Super Hornet, was the Golden Knights’ Fokker. A whole bunch of dudes in black, members of the team, I presume, were stepping out of the aircraft.

Good to see 'em. Only makes me want to skydive even more, especially after having been rained out last weekend.

The Knights' website makes no mention of any events in Feb. Anyone know what they’re doing here in SoCal?

FunBobby

When I was there a few weeks ago, the Knights Otter was so crowded, taking seven of them up at a time.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

But it wasn't their Otter that I saw out here - it was the Fokker . . . the other plane. The larger one (see attachment).

Umm yes I know it wasn't the Otter as it has been here for well over a week. I do happen to know what a Fokker looks like...thanks for the nice photo:)

Tell them they're no fun anymore now that they've transitioned..:P

Kris -

Wow. You make "transition" sound like a vasectomy or something.

I admit that the Hornet F painted in Tomcat colors just doesn't look right. And any F-14 guy will tell you "... it's a really nice airplane, and it can do a lot of cool, awesome stuff, but you know, it's just not as sexy as a Tomcat." That airplane will take some getting used to.

As far as the fliers go - even with all the swagger and bravado that characterizes just about any and every guy who flies the Tomcat (and you know what I'm talking about), it's nice to see those guys breathing some new life into the strike fighter community. Tomcat guys work harder at having fun than most other folks.

They're still Tomcat guys, and I hope their traditions never go away.

Anytime, baby.

B|

FunBobby

They're still Tomcat guys, and I hope their traditions never go away.

Yeah... I know. They can't help they got put in the Hornet. In fact, the Dogs are transitioning as soon as they return home but to an E instead of the F. We just like to give them a hard time..:P Things aren't the same.. that's for sure.

The GK otter is here with the accuracy team. Wowza...what a nice jump shipB|

saw the pretty bird, but i guess us civilian types cant get in it and Eloy has her own lovely otters anyways..

but i did get to freefly with two current GKs and got to play and party with many more...damn fine americans and amazing skydivers all around!

When I was there a few weeks ago, the Knights Otter was so crowded, taking seven of them up at a time.

i like riding in that plane... its a tad slow, but you have heat and AC in the whole plane................. BTW the best part was the jumps were free
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Free jumps for military ID card holders every Veteran's Day w/e. :)

Dangit. Why don't I ever know about good deals like this until I'm thousands of miles away? For years, I wasn't that far from their home base whilst I was stationed in Jax, FL.

But ya know, I will be there in Jax on Veterans Day this year....

Hmmmmmmmm.

B|

FunBobby