Laurel

Mardi Gras Boogie RECAP

Also, thanks for the "XXXX" CD. Sadly, I love it. :S:P

LMAO!!! Oh girl, you have broken my funk with that comment...lol!
No, seriously, Kennedy gave me that CD, but I didn't want it. You can thank him. :P

Kennedy, Dove, Yoshi, Laurel...thanks for the nice posts. Clay, Bettina, Cora, etc. thanks for the sweet PMs. Mel, my love, thank you for the call. You are an angel. :)

WOW! where do i begin???

upon finally meeting my skysisters ~ i was sooooooooo freaking happy!

RO* (VSG) ~ i am so freaking amazed by this woman! she is so GORGEOUS, Strong & Classy* ro*, where are you honey-boo, i need to chat with you!!! this girl endured A LOT to be in attendance for the boogie --- MAJOR Props for remaining calm & cool thru all the drama ~ i apologize and OWE you A BIG One!

B* (bkdice) ~ she and her lovely boyfriend jonathan (jmfreely)...along with doug (DJL) and danny (themonkey) --- these guys provided me with Wonderful skydives and lots of laughs! b's initiation jump, the tube jump & the Birdman Pantz jump ~ yaaaaaaaay! i had lots of fun with these VA-sweeties!

katie (katiebear) ~ yaaaaaaay! i finally met katie! she is so Beautiful (her smile ROCKS!) she is so full of compliments and i have Many compliments for her in return: she is funny, kind and beautiful inside and out AND she flies Birdman (that's so freaking Cool!) she graced the boogie with her thoughtful presents --- the wonderful glass necklace that i am wearing at this very moment! she and Chuck (SM1) are so freaking Cute! geez, i love happy couples!!!

Jeanne (Amazon) ~ i rec'd an Amazon-Hug (actually me, bettina & alli) my inititiation jump with jeanne was so much fun ~ knee-flying with someone on their belly is GREAT fun! thank you jeanne for being such a sweetheart!!! i can't wait to visit washington someday**

katie (katieatasc) ~ i had so much fun playing with her, she is so freaking funny --- i am happy she broke into the RW-scene and rocked it out with the 5-ways! what sweet-diversity!

casie (casie) ~ awwww, what a Sweetie-head! i didn't get a chance to chat with casie much, but she is such a sincere and kind girl --- i shall have to visit you in texas casie! i LOVE san marcos, so, skydive san marcos sounds Really Good^^

i met many other dz.commers: kansascity (who i met briefly but wished i could've chatted more), superwoman (she rocks because she flies birdman and she's super cool-sweet too!), kennedy (i chatted with him a few times, but i wish i could've chatted more), bmcd308, drakeshelby (met brent and kevin in the ramada elevator --but brent got really sick which i learned from kevin the following day ~ hope you are feeling better brent :)yoshi & wyatt are super cool sweeties! wish i could have made the tube-jump with them ~ but i think they had tons-o-fun with the zoo-dives :D and i met aviatrr and yardhippie on the Casa! and i chatted with ladyskydiver & i think kramer was there too!

thank you to skydive atlanta (super fab-kingair) & SOBE (super sweet Otter) for gracing the boogie with your COOL airplanes!!! yeah yeah baby-cakes ~ We had tons-o-fun in the Casa too!!!

davey-B, imo, the greatest freefly-coach in the world of skydiving! did a great job with me and waldo (from skydive orange). kudos to DB & Mike (from team Loki) for organizing Sweet skydives for all the little freefly-boogie-bunny-heads! and Guy Wright did a super job as well with the RW-peeps! yaaaaaay!

elisa-dove & gilly-fozchek ~ i LOVE you GIRLS SO FREAKING MUCH!!!! and our tallahasse family (brian, cremmons & super-Brie) LOVE those sweeties TOO!!!

the Gold Coast Family (you all know who you are) and our dear father and mommy (Mike Igo & Leanne) delivered a wonderful boogie. MANY THANKS for allowing me to meet all the super-sweethearts at the boogie!!!

congrats to all the new pink mafia sisters: I LOVE YOU ALL.... YOU ROCK!!!

thank you my little lorelei (laurel) for starting this Recap Thread -- I LOVE you so much!

edited to recognize: How in tar-nation could i forget the one & only NIGHTJUMPER!!! awwww, Mike is such a Sweetheart!!! thank you mike for the funny-chats* if only YOU AND our lovely-Peter could've attended together*

WOW!!! Very Impressive Mel!!!

By the way thanks for offering to help out Brent when he was sick. I feel really bad for him; this was his first time to jump at another dz and his first time to jump another plane other than the King Air and the Cessna 195 that we have at our dz. He was so stoked to jump the CASA. He at least got to jump it three times before he got sick!!!

Blue Ones to you all!!!!

drakeshelby
drakeshelby

The tube jump went off pretty well. it was about to get pretty hairy with so many people (at one time it was going to be like 12 or 13 people.. I think it was best to limit it a little. the pylon race didnt really happen (since it is kinda hard to get a whole lot of forward drive the 2 tubes were about 75 feet apart (on level, but apart) ... mike whittenburg docked on my foot and we pretty much held that the entire dive. it was fun though! we will have to catch a jump at another time. perhap you will join myself, wyatt, and deva to get your CDZ #?!?!B|

and the wierdness was not due to the locals (that I know of) just a handfull of odd circumstances...BYEGONES:D:D:D

Funny things is some old RW guy put up a pretty good fight for the CD, then we both saw what it was and just dropped it and stared at each other. I was just thinking "if he never mentions this, neither will I." :P

I offered it to Rosa, but she was much happier with the couzy. She pointed you out, so the credit goes to her, not me.

[explanation: it was one of the free prizes flung into the crowd at the raffle]
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

LOL! Kennedy, you are sooooo funny! :P Btw, did you ever get your frisbee back. I saw some dude behind you steal it. :| I hope that you have it, again...

Btw, my trip ended on a high note, so if Mike Igo decides to have another Mardi Gras Boogie (fingers crossed), I will be back. The people at Gold Coast, including my beautiful Pink Mafia sisters, of course, made the trip soooo worthwhile. :)

Excellent!! We will definitely have to hook up for a jump sometime in the future. You guys were really sweet and friendly. I wish I would've been able to hang out with you more, but I was pretty tired at the party. (I had to hang it up pretty early on Saturday night.) Um, the CDZ sounds tempting, but I'll have to pass... Sounds just a bit on the wild side for me because I'm super safety conscious! I'll take your word for it being a blast...;)

It's a big relief to hear that it wasn't a fellow Gold Coaster that crawled into bed with you or made you feel uncomfortable. At least you had some good times, though! :)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Alli
P.M.S. #3

If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions.

I'm happy to report that I got enough info about myself together after losing my driver's license to get on the plane and get home. Although I wouldn't have minded more time out for vacation it would have sucked being stranded.

It was good so see all of the people in person who I see on here. I didn't recognize Yoshi without the pug, so that took a while. Sweet weekend. You all rock.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Funny things is some old RW guy put up a pretty good fight for the CD, then we both saw what it was and just dropped it and stared at each other. I was just thinking "if he never mentions this, neither will I." :P

Oh Lord. All I can say is that I am a complete sucker for a pop beat. It's a sickness.
PMS#28, Pelogrande Rodriguez#1074
My Pink M

Oh Lord. All I can say is that I am a complete sucker for a pop beat. It's a sickness.

If that's the worst one you've got, you're doing all right, girl. B|
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

I think I know what jump it was. I got to the DZ too late to make the load. The pics are too fuzzy to be sure who is who though. Video would make it easier.
witty subliminal message
1*

One is Kreg.........Two is Casie. That was on our "Not so Hybrid 6...errr...uhhh...4 way" :D

yea... they said we floated... I blelive that we were just better! :o:D:D
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

One is Kreg.........Two is Casie. That was on our "Not so Hybrid 6...errr...uhhh...4 way" :D

yea... they said we floated... I blelive that we were just better! :o:D:D

You guys were some seriously floaty mother fuckers on that jump! Kinda hard to figure out why with everybody wearing baggy ass jumpsuits flying on their belly...DOH!

Plus, I was wearing my fast freefly suit.....you know, the one you couldn't keep up with.. ;)

Mike