Kennedy

on Howard Stern

At first he was pretty funny and started a new wave of shock radio, but now it's like wow, another blonde lesbian who likes to get naked....

WHO CARES

He was great on DC101, but I'm unimpressed with him ever since.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

It really doesn't matter, i've heard him before, also have seen him on TV. Take him or leave him. If he happens to be o, I'll listen, but if he isn't on, no big deal. I agree that the airwaves need to be cleaned-up sone, but I think he was unfairly singled out, for the purpose of being made an example of. There are some programs that are far worse that he was.
--------
To put your life in danger from time to time ... breeds a saneness in dealing with day-to-day trivialities.

--Nevil Shute, Slide Rule

As immature as I can be.

As much of an AssHat as I can be.

I couldn't begin to compete in Howard Sterns class.

King of All Media? Huh, hey babe, show me your tits.

Yeah, there you go, theres Howards show. Anyone Bored with it yet?

He's a perpetual thirteen year old boy that plays with himself too much. THere is nothing original at all about him or his show.

Make people look stupid and make women look like nothing but screw toys.

Nice Job Howard, ASS.

jjf
It's a gas, gas, gas...

He's a complete and total dick head. >:(

On the air, he made fun of a 3 year old boy that suffocated to death/heat exhaustion in a car, and a 10 year old (I think it was 10) girl that was raped.

Fucking sick and wrong. That was the first and last time I tuned in that channel on the radio. >:(
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I don't give a damn but that's just it, I don't watch/listen to him but I might just start if they (uncle sam/clear channel) are gonna tell me I can't.

No love lost between the two of us...I helped get him off the air in Chicago and he named me in a lawsuit.

I find his show lacking of talent and any real entertainment value for radio.

But I agree with Benny - I'll support him if they try to shut him down.

I helped get him off the air in Chicago and he named me in a lawsuit.

But I agree with Benny - I'll support him if they try to shut him down.

Help me here Brian, I'm a lil confused.... WTF???

Your got him thrown off the air in Chi town but you'll support him if they try to shut him down?

Let me get six or twelve beers in me first here so I can understand this... :P

I think he's a shit stain too, but do believe in freedom of speech, on that note, I just don't choose to listen to him.

Would you please explain your position once again to me? I'm feelin really stupid on this one.

Are you saying that if it was you getting him thrown off the air that was fine, but this time around, these guys are dumb asses?

jjf
It's a gas, gas, gas...

>Your got him thrown off the air in Chi town but you'll support him if
> they try to shut him down?

Not exactly sure what his position was, but it seems like it would be close to mine. If a group that I disagree with (say, the Communist Party USA) wanted to advertise on a station I listened to, I'd stop listening to that station, perhaps send them a letter explaining why. If enough people did the same, they would drop them as advertisers. If the US government told them they could no longer express their views, I'd support their right to free speech, even if I disagreed with what they said.

(Note that I am _not_ saying that's what happened in Stern's case.)

Are you saying that if it was you getting him thrown off the air that was fine, but this time around, these guys are dumb asses?

I didn't do it for reasons of freedom of speech, indecency, etc - it was more along the lines of a radio war. This goes back about 10 years when Stern was on/off/on/off in Chicago due to a variety of politics, contracts and on/off air fighting. Plus I was paid decent money for what I did (hey, I was a broke college student).

Now is something different - now it is a matter of big government making decisions of free speech due to a sensationalized, over-hyped moment that most of the country laughed at and wasn't offended by.

I'll draw a comparison - often after a skydiver goes in and the media jumps all over it you tend to get some official that wants to impose laws, rules, etc....then the moment passes and no one cares anymore. You have a bunch of politicians in an election year making a big deal out of nothing and trying to make an example out of an easy target.

I don't like the guy, but I support his right to freedom of speech.

>Your got him thrown off the air in Chi town but you'll support him if
> they try to shut him down?

Not exactly sure what his position was, but it seems like it would be close to mine. If a group that I disagree with (say, the Communist Party USA) wanted to advertise on a station I listened to, I'd stop listening to that station, perhaps send them a letter explaining why. If enough people did the same, they would drop them as advertisers. If the US government told them they could no longer express their views, I'd support their right to free speech, even if I disagreed with what they said.

(Note that I am _not_ saying that's what happened in Stern's case.)

I think Bill nailed it on the head.

Ok

Now I understand what both of you are saying and in essence it makes sense.

However, the thing we all seem to forget regularly is usually the government, or a part of the government is a group of people that got together to ...

So, that said, it seems the popular thing to do is to for everyone to automatically jump in and say "OH NO BUDDY NOT THAT DAMN GOVERNMENT THING AGAIN?...

So, I understand, and agree partly (Where the hell is that beer?) however, like you say in your post Bill, "note that I am not saying thats what happened in Sterns casee"...

So we all agree that he shouldn't be shut down because free speech should allow him to stay on.

HOWEVER THAT STILL DOESN"T ANSWER WHAT BRIAN DID GETTING HIM SHUT DOWN IN CHICAGO.

Wouldn't that have been a free speech case too Brian? Thats where I'm having a tough time...

No I'm not stirring shit, just engaging in the spirit of this discussion...

Truly, I think Sterns such a shit for brains we may be wasting good intellectual fuel here, but, for the sake of growth...

So, Brian, could you give us more on how you took him out in Chicago? I am quite interested. Especially in the difference.

jack
It's a gas, gas, gas...

THat makes more sense.

Sounds like you were "doing your job" and it was business, not a morality question...

Thanks for clarifying, truly, the earlier post had me worried. The most screwed up thing in this country is interpretation of moral fiber....

I agree, I don't like him either, yet he has to have a right to be heard.

What blows my mind is people are still listening and thats just amazing...

I'm not "offended" by jokes, nude women, or a little misbehavin from time to time, what blows my mind is the absolute abscence of anything else?

How in the hell? Same thing? Every Day?

Thanks for the inf Brian,

Jack
It's a gas, gas, gas...

I really don't care anymore. Howard Stern was interesting about 7 years ago. When he had that "Private Parts" movie and the Miss America book. He was at the top of his game and everyone supported him.

Things went bad after he got divorced. A big part of his "persona" was that he was this piece of shit of a human being except the fact that he was married to a women that (for some reason) loved him and had children, this made him an OK guy, a family man who was just doing an act.

Now he cheats on his wife, gets divorced and is basically a 50 something dirtbag.

His material is just boring now, if you listen to his program or watch his tv show, they are all the same!

He is no longer relevant or cutting edge, that is why I don't care if he gets pulled off the air.

I've lived in Los Angeles for 5 years and I never listen to him on the radio.

He just seems like a hasbeen. I think that is the real reason he is getting pulled off the air. If he still had the same support he did 7 years ago, I guarantee he would not be going through this.

scott